Awuzie might be a Stale Cheeto

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What a great thing though. A few fellow fans debating who's better among CB's, lol.

Instead of regurgitating that we need an entire secondary because it's straight up - hot garbage.

It’s a damn good problem to have especially in a passing league.. Now if we could get the numbskulls to stop trying to trade it away....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What a great thing though. A few fellow fans debating who's better among CB's, lol.

Instead of regurgitating that we need an entire secondary because it's straight up - hot garbage.

Yep. The arguments are kinda silly.

One was a 1st rounder, with by far the best measurables and testing, and has played at a pro bowl level and has been the best corner.... yet two of his backups have "way more talent". Lol whatever

cern

Reaction score

tru dat. Byron, brown, chido, lewis, frazier, woods, and even heath is vastly superior to church, wilcox, scando, carr and mo.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We have no seen anything to suggest Lewis is the most "talented" CB on the team. If you go by combine and NFL play, that is Byron Jones.

This Lewis love here is getting really weird.
considering lewis was our best corner at the end of 2017 and was still ballin this past year. Already has 2 ints with very limited snaps. He finished 2018 with a 76.6 pff grade which would him about 20th in the league right between talib and casey hayward. Awuzie grades out 70th overall in between Terrance mitchell yes the same guy we took in the 7th round in 2014 and Javien Elliot (TB).

Point is Byron is a solid 1 and Lewis should be playing opposite him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yep. The arguments are kinda silly.

One was a 1st rounder, with by far the best measurables and testing, and has played at a pro bowl level and has been the best corner.... yet two of his backups have "way more talent". Lol whatever
Byron is #1 but what pisses me off is this trash staff that picks and plays guys because of measurables not because of their actual talent/ability.

cern

Reaction score
as long as Byron, chido, and lewis are all getting substantial playing time, i'll be happy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Byron is #1 but what pisses me off is this trash staff that picks and plays guys because of measurables not because of their actual talent/ability.
It had nothing to do with taller WRs torching him? I mean a player can have every CB ability but if he can't get to the ball or above taller WRs there's an issue.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It had nothing to do with taller WRs torching him? I mean a player can have every CB ability but if he can't get to the ball or above taller WRs there's an issue.
you wanna see torched watch chido. he got abused this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean let's be clear........... our secondary is still no great shakes. They have holes at S and have gotten inconsistent play at the other CB spot.

The stats don't lie. The Cowboys gave up one of the higher opposing passer ratings in the league (22nd), were near the bottom in interceptions (26th), were middle of the pack in yards per attempt (13th) and were generally poor in most advanced defensive passing stats (for example, Football Outsiders had them at 16th).

They have one really good defensive back - Jones. They have one decent to improving defensive back - Woods. And then they have a hodge podge of stuff that runs anywhere from below average to maybe average.

They need Awuzie to step up his game and hope Iloka can be more consistent than Heath.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Colorado used him all over the place but he was pretty darn good in college on the outside.
He was most effective in the slot. He's physical, good tackler, and a really good blitzer from the slot. He wasn't the best on an island. He was projected as either a slot corner or fs by draft experts and of course we put him where he doesn't belong. Then here's jourdan lewis literally the best cover corner in that draft. and was the best corner on our team in 2017. let's not even play him lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
He was most effective in the slot. He's physical, good tackler, and a really good blitzer from the slot. He wasn't the best on an island. He was projected as either a slot corner or fs by draft experts and of course we put him where he doesn't belong. Then here's jourdan lewis literally the best cover corner in that draft. and was the best corner on our team in 2017. let's not even play him lol.

I am perplexed by the lack of usage of Lewis too but he's not exactly a great outside CB himself in this league. He's better off in the slot too IMO.

Frankly, I think they think too much of Anthony Brown. My top three CBs would be Jones, Awuzie and Lewis. I'd even be OK with drafting another CB in the middle rounds of the draft.

cern

Reaction score
I have high hopes Kris Richard will make some revisions to the d-backs this year. but lewis needs to play. didn't he practically shut down ertz last year in a game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, it's not. Lewis has superior physical traits to Byron. About all Byron can do better than Lewis is jump higher and be taller. And since Lewis is a leaper, not all that different there.

Lewis is better at mirroring, quicker out of the breaks, better lateral agility, he's got it all. The question is why he doesn't play more w/ those physical traits. Maybe he has trouble learning and/or playing w/i the system. That's my guess.

No, no he doesn't - and Byron Jones had amazing combine drills. Lewis is better at mirroring? Byron Jones was a top 5 and one of the best shut down corners last year.

Lewis can't even beat out Awuzie.

Every year, there is one player this place props up above everyone with very little to go on. Lewis hasn't done crap to be anointed like this, and calling him anything other than a depth player giving him too much credit.