Ayers off Market; signed by Giants

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those who wanted him there it is signed with the nY

Most 4-3 teams keep 8 and sometimes 9 DL on the 53. The Cowboys have about 5 that appear to be locks:
Selvie
Melton
Crawford
Mincey
McClain

I'm hopeful that they draft at least 2 DTs and 2 DEs even if a couple of them are 7th round picks. That would make 9 DL total.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Most 4-3 teams keep 8 and sometimes 9 DL on the 53. The Cowboys have about 5 that appear to be locks:
Selvie
Melton
Crawford
Mincey
McClain

I'm hopeful that they draft at least 2 DTs and 2 DEs even if a couple of them are 7th round picks. That would make 9 DL total.

That would be quite the youth movement, 4 of the 9 DL would be rookies.

Nation

Reaction score

bb721

Reaction score
That would be quite the youth movement, 4 of the 9 DL would be rookies.

Let's not forget that there will most likely be another set of veteran free agents to consider when guys start getting cut after June 1st or during training camp. It wouldn't surprise me if we add some reasonably priced veteran help to the DL at that point.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Off topic, but I looked at your sig and remembered that Melton is only rated something like a 65 in Madden (at least in my current franchise). Thanks, Jerry! You couldn't get someone rated at least a 75? :p

That's the photo he uploaded too his Instagram lol, and well what madden you playing?

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Selvie
Melton
Crawford
Mincey
McClain

What's the chance those 7th rounders make it, maybe 2, but after the draft I'm sure we get some veterans on the cheap well at least I hope

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Disappointing we didn't make an offer to him, would have been a nice piece to rotation, for some reason they seem very interested in bringing back Spencer

DBOY3141

Reaction score

Woods

Reaction score
Selvie
Melton
Crawford
Mincey
McClain

And possibly Bass can be part of the rotation if he has fully healed. I suppose if Spencer heals, the Cowboys can make a move to try and pick him up too. That said, I hope we draft around 3 DL in May.

Woods

Reaction score
One other point regarding Ayers . . . . let's say Selvie, Mincey and Crawford make the team as DEs. I am going to assume we draft a DE high this year, and probably a total of 2 if we include Day 2/3. That's already 5 guys at DE. We are not going to carry more than that on our 53.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Selvie
Melton
Crawford
Mincey
McClain

Bass will be in that mix. I say at least 2 DL from draft, maybe 3 will make the team. Hayden with better talent surrounding him can be in that mix depending on the draft. But if they hit on 3 DL in the draft, he will be out.
Don't forget they have Ceasar Rayford they still want to see how he develops. But he may see another year on the PS.