Babe Laufenberg: Amendola's Made The Team

PosterChild

Reaction score
Watching local CBS affiliate special live training camp coverage right now, and Babe says he's really excited about Danny Boy-- that he's definitely on the roster.

Also thinks Miles Austin is more talented than Hurd but that Hurd has been more productive...further indicated that he doesn't have sky high expectations from either this year. Hope he's wrong on that score. At some point one of them will move into the number two spot for some length of time when T.O. gets hurt.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
PosterChild;2161828 said:
Watching local CBS affiliate special live training camp coverage right now, and Babe says he's really excited about Danny Boy-- that he's definitely on the roster.

Also thinks Miles Austin is more talented than Hurd but that Hurd has been more productive...further indicated that he doesn't have sky high expectations from either this year. Hope he's wrong on that score. At some point one of them will move into the number two spot for some length of time when T.O. gets hurt.

I hope he is correct about DA AMENDOLA.

PosterChild

Reaction score
theebs;2161836 said:
i cant believe i missed this show..

Doh!!

It was pretty informative, no nonsense show... Saw Doocy's preview a few minutes ago and he has a blockbuster show tonight at 10 bells. Jerry Jones, Aikman, and a cast of thousands!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Ok, here's what I think.

TO, Crayton, and Hurd are locks. Austin will make the team due to his STs play (decent gunner). Do we keep six? If not, do you keep Amendola over Stanback?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
So, it's gonna be:

Owens
Crayton
Hurd
Austin
Stanback
Amendola

Right?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
dangerdoom;2161849 said:
So, it's gonna be:

Owens
Crayton
Hurd
Austin
Stanback
Amendola

Right?
Yeah, thats the way I think it pans out if they keep Amendola. Stanback is a guy they are grooming to be a starter (with speed) so I don't see him being cut. Jerry mentioned on Special Edition that if they kept 11 DBs that would prevent them from keeping 6 WRs so I think that Oglesby would be the odd man out.

vicjagger

Reaction score
What a load of crap! Training camp is only 3 days old. No undrafted free agent has "made the team".

Bizwah

Reaction score
vicjagger;2161856 said:
What a load of crap! Training camp is only 3 days old. No undrafted free agent has "made the team".

Too true.

I would like to see these guys in a game first. Number 89 (I won't say his name) a few years ago was great in practice (Dale raved about him), but he disappeared in game situations.

We'll see.

JohnL2288

Reaction score
Bizwah;2161846 said:
Ok, here's what I think.

TO, Crayton, and Hurd are locks. Austin will make the team due to his STs play (decent gunner). Do we keep six? If not, do you keep Amendola over Stanback?

not a chance....the only way Amendola makes the team is if we keep 6 WRs which we probably will

PosterChild

Reaction score
What about that dude from Stanford? Mark Bradford or whatever? Anybody have anything on him yet?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
vicjagger;2161856 said:
Babe was the one from the beginning who said that Romo had a future and that Henson didn't. He has pretty good experience recognizing a player.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Unless Babe some some pull I am unaware of, I have to agree. Unbelievable.

vicjagger;2161856 said:

reddyuta

Reaction score
we have to keep 6 WRs-we cant limit ourselves to 5 and hope TO and the others dont get injured.the 6th Wr could be Amendola or a veteran too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There is a lot of time between now and the cut down to 53. I think it's a little early to be predicting a bubble player has it made. Injuries, trades, someone else stepping up better, a let down. Lots of things can happen.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dangerdoom;2161849 said:
So, it's gonna be:

Owens
Crayton
Hurd
Austin
Stanback
Amendola

Right?

Basically what people have been saying since we signed Amendola. No big surprises there.

Here's to hoping we get something better in that mix though cause I have zilch faith in Crayton as a #1 for any extended period of time.

Crayton, Hurd and Austin as our top three would be a disaster in my mind.

PosterChild

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2161860 said:
Babe was the one from the beginning who said that Romo had a future and that Henson didn't. He has pretty good experience recognizing a player.

Exactly. Babe rubs me the wrong way sometimes but I trust his judgment a great deal. He sees, I think, that Danny Boy adds a dimension we lack here in the receiver core. Crayton is supposed to be THE slot guy yet he doesn't have his quickness and i bet DA is even faster vertically. I can certainly see a role for him in the red zone, especially.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2161854 said:
Yeah, thats the way I think it pans out if they keep Amendola. Stanback is a guy they are grooming to be a starter (with speed) so I don't see him being cut. Jerry mentioned on Special Edition that if they kept 11 DBs that would prevent them from keeping 6 WRs so I think that Oglesby would be the odd man out.

Bingo. I think they do keep six (no way Stanback isn't given another year). Oglesby is the guy who I think will be gone.

Amendola will play well on special teams, which would be the only reason to keep Oblesby over a WR.

That would leave our corners as:

Newman
Pacman
Henry
Jenkin
Scandrick
Ball

Oglesby wouldn't play anyway unless we have a rash of injuries.

He isn't a bad player, I don't think... but when a team has the corners that we do, there are going to be some CB's cut that can play in this league.