Back from the game.....my comments

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Big Al...looked very small walking off after pregame next to flo.

:lmao2:

Really? You think so?

Flozell only basically blocks out the sun, I would hope he is bigger than the LBers.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Got mine on ebay...$200 per tick...hot item, but worth it!

What section are you sitting in? I have to fly in from Anchorage. I can get RT tickets for about 300 right now. I think I could spend 200-300 on a great seat. I had 2 seats on the 35 yrd line 6 rows back from the Dallas bench but I couldnt get anyone to roll w/ me.

I might see if I can make it then.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
junk said:

Really? You think so?

Flozell only basically blocks out the sun, I would hope he is bigger than the LBers.

I meant Al Johnson, Al Singleton looked like a midget compared to Flo...I won't even mention Aaron Glen...could not see him on the other side of Flo :lmao2:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Dallas said:
What section are you sitting in? I have to fly in from Anchorage. I can get RT tickets for about 300 right now. I think I could spend 200-300 on a great seat. I had 2 seats on the 35 yrd line 6 rows back from the Dallas bench but I couldnt get anyone to roll w/ me.

I might see if I can make it then.

Section 107 Row E...I think seats 8 and 9...tix are at home.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Let me tell you guys....the 4th and 1 SF had was scary...we won by 3...we held them to a field goal. Had the scored a TD...we may be singing a different toon today. I always had the feeling at the game we'd pull it out, but this series was the game!

Very key play and a very poor play call on the goalline by SF. They pulled their guard allowing penetration on a goalline play where the DL is trying to penetrate. They had been running it right at us with a lot of success, so I'm very glad they went away from that down at the goalline.

Also, as another poster said, I believe by his nature, Bledsoe is an "air it out' QB, but Parcells his constantly preaching at him to protect the ball and get rid of it, so I think in deference to the HC and not getting his butt chewed out, he is being cautious and not taking shots downfield even when they appear to be open.

ratpower

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic, it was a great atmosphere but I got to disagree, Drew does miss a few targets but he has been doing a great job of letting the play develop...when he has had time, he as been effective.

You're right, the end zone was happening...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thanks for the game report Portland Cowboy. Interesting comments about open Receivers. There almost always is someone open but the ball is thrown before they are the read. I hope that is the case rather than he lacks confidence to make any throw.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:

Really? You think so?

No he was right, Al s is small

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
No he was right, Al s is small

Ah, Nors, round and round we go.

If Al is small, then so is Burnett and Shanle.

You just like pressing my buttons.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If Bledsoe see's guys open downfield he'll throw it to a fault.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Nors said:

That's not what I saw...I'm not trying to knock him...let's get that straight!

Glenn and Crayton were getting separation consitantly...he was not throwing it excpet a few times.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting more and more comfy and then letting it fly as we get further into the season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
See, I think so too. If he is missing guys who are open I think it is probably because he is reading someone else before he gets to that read. It happens all time to every team and QB. You have to go through progressions. QB is about discipline. If you pass on a hot read that is open the chances you can come back to it or have time to come all the way back to it are slim and none.

stiletto

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
That's not what I saw...I'm not trying to knock him...let's get that straight!

Glenn and Crayton were getting separation consitantly...he was not throwing it excpet a few times.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting more and more comfy and then letting it fly as we get further into the season.

Bledsoe is being more careful with the ball. It's Parcells. Bledsoe loves the big long play and taking risks. There is a reason why he only has 2 int's so far....he'd have more if he just did what he wanted to all the time. I know that for a fact. lol :laugh2:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hostile said:
See, I think so too. If he is missing guys who are open I think it is probably because he is reading someone else before he gets to that read. It happens all time to every team and QB. You have to go through progressions. QB is about discipline. If you pass on a hot read that is open the chances you can come back to it or have time to come all the way back to it are slim and none.

I imagine that is a huge part of it....when you are looking at the field from my vantage and see them break wide open it's easy for me to say that. I do not know what his reads are or who is 1st, 2nd or 3rd progression...what I'm saying is that I could see a wide open Glenn on many many occasions.

I'm not trying to prove it to you or shove it down your throats...this is simply what I, and fans around me saw and kept talking about. Take it for what it's worth. No need to defend Drew cause I'm not slamming him.

BayArea Cowboy

Reaction score
Gonna have to side with Portland Fanantic (mainly cuz he's bigger than me and I was sitting next to him at the game)

I'm tellin you, we have some serious concerns at QB if Drew looks off the North/South patterns and dumps the ball off short. He looked like a rattled rookie for several parts of the game.

Bledsoe did make some good throws (although against a week defense) down the stretch, but the 2 interceptions were sooooooooooo costly and at critical points in the game. We were lucky to recover. And Yes, it was all Niners until 1:56. I can't hear in my left ear from my stupid 49er brother yelling in my ear for 58 minutes until Keyshawn shut him up with the deciding TD.

Big Plays?? All you had to do was watch sports center to know the Boys had nothing spectacular for ESPN. Niners had all the Big Plays!

All in all, it's a win on the road and it was great to see all the Cowboy fans at the game. I undestand Parcel's has Bledsoe on a short leash, but the guy needs to look and fell comfortable out there and he did not! 2 or 3 deep down field throws in the 1st half would have changed that. Air the damm ball out every now and then, did we learn nothing from Washington?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BayArea Cowboy said:
Gonna have to side with Portland Fanantic (mainly cuz he's bigger than me and I was sitting next to him at the game)

I'm tellin you, we have some serious concerns at QB if Drew looks off the North/South patterns and dumps the ball off short. He looked like a rattled rookie for several parts of the game.

Bledsoe did make some good throws (although against a week defense) down the stretch, but the 2 interceptions were sooooooooooo costly and at critical points in the game. We were lucky to recover. And Yes, it was all Niners until 1:56. I can't hear in my left ear from my stupid 49er brother yelling in my ear for 58 minutes until Keyshawn shut him up with the deciding TD.

Big Plays?? All you had to do was watch sports center to know the Boys had nothing spectacular for ESPN. Niners had all the Big Plays!

All in all, it's a win on the road and it was great to see all the Cowboy fans at the game. I undestand Parcel's has Bledsoe on a short leash, but the guy needs to look and fell comfortable out there and he did not! 2 or 3 deep down field throws in the 1st half would have changed that. Air the damm ball out every now and then, did we learn nothing from Washington?

Sorry I don't see a serious concern with Bledsoe he has hit the deep balls, he is hitting the intermediate throws and the short throws I think he has been in the game of football long enough to know what he is doing and where to go with the ball.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Sorry I don't see a serious concern with Bledsoe he has hit the deep balls, he is hitting the intermediate throws and the short throws I think he has been in the game of football long enough to know what he is doing and where to go with the ball.

Dooms...his numbers look good, they really do. He has made some clutch plays and is 2-1, however he has the BP leash on right now. I can't wait for him to take it off...or BP whomever has the key.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I imagine that is a huge part of it....when you are looking at the field from my vantage and see them break wide open it's easy for me to say that. I do not know what his reads are or who is 1st, 2nd or 3rd progression...what I'm saying is that I could see a wide open Glenn on many many occasions.

I'm not trying to prove it to you or shove it down your throats...this is simply what I, and fans around me saw and kept talking about. Take it for what it's worth. No need to defend Drew cause I'm not slamming him.
PC I don't take it as shoving anything down my throat. I'm not making excuses for Bledsoe. This happens to every team and every QB. They miss wide open people. It has been my belief for more years than I care to admit that the reason for this is that they throw to an earlier read most of the time someone is left wide open.

Think of it this way, the quicker they think the better. Imagine the QB going back, read 1 is covered, read 2 has a step...fire. Meanwhile read 3 is wide open by 7 yards. If the QB passes on read 2 and read 3 is not open then he has missed read 2.

Very few plays are the old sandlot days where you had all day and waited for someone to come free.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

I am very keen to Glenn's separation. I have extolled that big past two years. I've almost never seen a WR that flat out is more uncoverable. I'd bet unless you put a safety over the top on him that he's open 9 out of 10 plays. Its unbelievable how quick AND fast Glenn is in person.

He's over 300 yards in 3 games - all good so far!