Back from the game.....my comments

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BayArea Cowboy said:
Gonna have to side with Portland Fanantic (mainly cuz he's bigger than me and I was sitting next to him at the game)

I'm tellin you, we have some serious concerns at QB if Drew looks off the North/South patterns and dumps the ball off short. He looked like a rattled rookie for several parts of the game.

Bledsoe did make some good throws (although against a week defense) down the stretch, but the 2 interceptions were sooooooooooo costly and at critical points in the game. We were lucky to recover. And Yes, it was all Niners until 1:56. I can't hear in my left ear from my stupid 49er brother yelling in my ear for 58 minutes until Keyshawn shut him up with the deciding TD.

Big Plays?? All you had to do was watch sports center to know the Boys had nothing spectacular for ESPN. Niners had all the Big Plays!

All in all, it's a win on the road and it was great to see all the Cowboy fans at the game. I undestand Parcel's has Bledsoe on a short leash, but the guy needs to look and fell comfortable out there and he did not! 2 or 3 deep down field throws in the 1st half would have changed that. Air the damm ball out every now and then, did we learn nothing from Washington?

Did you and PC - see the 362 yards Bledsoe threw for? See the 2 TD passes? The 6 yard TD run? The two 4th quarter TD drives to win the game? Last one inside 2:00 to go? The clutch 2 point conversion that mattered?

I almost swear after reading your accounts we lost, Drew for 100 yards and completed 35%. JMO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Did you and PC - see the 362 yards Bledsoe threw for? See the 2 TD passes? The 6 yard TD run? The two 4th quarter TD drives to win the game? Last one inside 2:00 to go? The clutch 2 point conversion that mattered?

I almost swear after reading your accounts we lost, Drew for 100 yards and completed 35%. JMO
You are way over-reacting to what they are saying.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Nors said:
I am very keen to Glenn's separation. I have extolled that big past two years. I've almost never seen a WR that flat out is more uncoverable. I'd bet unless you put a safety over the top on him that he's open 9 out of 10 plays. Its unbelievable how quick AND fast Glenn is in person.

He's over 300 yards in 3 games - all good so far!

I was very impressed with him this game....

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You are way over-reacting to what they are saying.

Yes he is....Really what I'm saying is give him more reigns, or tell him go for it. I honestly believe he has a leash on him for now...maybe by design. I hope we allow him to push it down field he has the arm and accuracy. The impression I'm getting is that he's scared of BP's rath if he does...maybe I should focus on what he's told to do. Not there so I don't know, but allow him to cut lose!

That will allow JJ more room to run. Sometimes we get in the run first to open up the passing game. After three games we need to throw more to open up JJ...teams know about JJ now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Yes he is....Really what I'm saying is give him more reigns, or tell him go for it. I honestly believe he has a leash on him for now...maybe by design. I hope we allow him to push it down field he has the arm and accuracy. The impression I'm getting is that he's scared of BP's rath if he does...maybe I should focus on what he's told to do. Not there so I don't know, but allow him to cut lose!

That will allow JJ more room to run. Sometimes we get in the run first to open up the passing game. After three games we need to throw more to open up JJ...teams know about JJ now.
He takes criticism of players he likes very personal. I don't think you were being critical in a negative way at all. You were being honest in what you saw. Anyone who has ever seen a game live and tells me they have never seen things like what you reported spends too much time at the concession stand.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
At least my QB is playing Hoss! And if he goes down my backup is playing!

:lol:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He takes criticism of players he likes very personal. I don't think you were being critical in a negative way at all. You were being honest in what you saw. Anyone who has ever seen a game live and tells me they have never seen things like what you reported spends too much time at the concession stand.

LOL...indeed!

BTW...we have a great story around that. before the game started all was happy and all fans were fine...having fun. Apparently at half time (i didn't go up) the Niner fans were doing chants that the Cowboys suck and getting in some faces...little shoving going on, but nothing broke out I guess. My bro-in-law came back and said I have 4 kids I'm outta here, not dealing with that crap.

They thought they had the game won at half!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
just havin some fun with ya Hoss

Great comment on Glenns separation! I noted that observation. Just strikes me a tad odd he see's a QB throw for almost 400 yards and he comments he's not looking down field enough!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I hate when fans get all violent like that.

Usually you can go to an away game and no problems. Unfortunately there are a few jerks who can ruin things....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
At least my QB is playing Hoss! And if he goes down my backup is playing!

:lol:
Bledsoe is my QB Nors. Take a look at my posts on the matter. I am behind him.

However, if he goes down for more than the remainder of a game I disagree with you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
LOL...indeed!

BTW...we have a great story around that. before the game started all was happy and all fans were fine...having fun. Apparently at half time (i didn't go up) the Niner fans were doing chants that the Cowboys suck and getting in some faces...little shoving going on, but nothing broke out I guess. My bro-in-law came back and said I have 4 kids I'm outta here, not dealing with that crap.

They thought they had the game won at half!
Premature evaluation is always funny.

:grin:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
just havin some fun with ya Hoss

Great comment on Glenns separation! I noted that observation. Just strikes me a tad odd he see's a QB throw for almost 400 yards and he comments he's not looking down field enough!
Like I said, if you've ever attended a game live you've seen the same thing they did. Guys do get open in this game and usually it is deep because the reads are underneath.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Bledsoe is my QB Nors. Take a look at my posts on the matter. I am behind him.

However, if he goes down for more than the remainder of a game I disagree with you.

Henson is your horse, pedigree and ol you kidder you!

I give you props - you have jumped in on Bledsoe 100% Kudo's.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Henson is your horse, pedigree and ol you kidder you!

I give you props - you have jumped in on Bledsoe 100% Kudo's.
Long term future of this team, yes, Henson is my horse.

I acknowledged a long time ago that we needed Bledsoe this year. I'm always 100% behind our players just not afraid to be critical either.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Like I said, if you've ever attended a game live you've seen the same thing they did. Guys do get open in this game and usually it is deep because the reads are underneath.

Yes sir:

And many instances the player is clearing a zone out or forcing a safeties hand. Gets the intermediate short guy the high % pass. Bledsoe I believe is completing around 65%, Thats very high.

Kinda reverse what our safeties do!