Back to ask for forgiveness fellow forum members!!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ndanger;2429682 said:
Hos., the biggest reason I miss living in Arizona are the tamales I used to get from the girls that worked for me. I went to my plant manager and worked out a deal for them to be able to sell them at breaks and lunch time. It was against policy that was set for the company who provided the break trucks for us. One of the girls had a sick child who still lived in Mexico with her Grandma so I told him it would help with her situation to be able to earn extra money. He called the break truck company and told them what we were gonna do and said if it's a problem then he would seek services elsewhere. She broke down in tears when she found out and said I would get free tamales for life. Every Monday and Friday , sure enough , would be a dozen of the best tamales ever sitting on my office desk with a note, Mucho Gracias. Dang man I miss those.

I'd move back just for the Tamales then.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
deepBLUE;2429685 said:
i have to record the 2nd half of cowboys games...i check the score every now & then; but it saves my blood pressure, and ranting (that i don't want to subject my family to).

.........Been known to pull this one offmyself, a couple of times. For the very same reason. Good call. ;)

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2429655 said:
Funny...one win and now you wanna come back...:(
JMO, but if you went as far as you described above I think you shouldn't be welcomed back into "Cowboys Nation"! You quit on us...why should you be accepted by those of us who are willing to take the good w/ the bad and tough out the bad times?! If you are "accepted" I think you should have to wear a scarlet letter of some sort...maybe a "Bandwagon" of "Fairweather" label under your name until you prove yourself worthy!:)

Its not about the one win and want to come back...its about the years of this team underachieving...i just got fed up religously following them year after year and putting all my energy into it...the bye week was me recharging...sorry you dont want me back!

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
I've never gotten that crazy over the Cowboys but I do yearly over the Cincinnati Reds. The best thing to do is ignore the hype early on and then the letdown moments won't be as extreme.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2429638 said:
You're not going to leave me out on a tamale delivery I hope.

My dad was stationed at Davis Monthan...I lived across from the boneyard on escalante....my aunts....sister.....and 2 grandmas still live there...I miss being there all the time....I love the taco shacks man....carne asada is awesome

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Dude... I didn't know you had left.

How you could even say you aren't a Cowboys fan I don't know (unless you're not). I wondered what would make me do that, and I couldn't come up with anything. :confused:

Just the fact that you left in a tough spot (a lot of lukewarm fans do that you know) and then want back in following the VERY FIRST victory, seems... I don't know... sort of wishy-washy.

Anyway, you have to live with yourself, not any of us... so whatever you want to do man. You don't need any permission from us. For you, that's probably a good thing.

Speaking for myself, I won't ever be able to read a post from you without recalling that you bailed on the team. *shrugs*

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Your taking that out of context but okay...my point is I have always been a fan but it got to be too much for me just recently...I had to refocus but you can say what you want and it really doesnt matter in my daily life!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ODawg;2429607 said:
Back to ask for forgiveness fellow forum members!!!

"Zoner's please forgive them... for they know not what they do"

We all need forgiveness on here... EVERYONE has either stated their opinion as fact OR felt they were right over another poster at one point or another... :)

I can think of a top 10 list of posters right off the top of my head... dont want to open a Pandora's box though...:D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it doesn't matter what the other posters on the board think or say, why ask for their forgiveness?

I don't recall having a particular issue with any of your posts (at all), but, generally speaking, I don't understand why posters come on a team board, whine about both legitimate team issues and a healthy does of nonsense, bail on the team they're supposed to support, generally make this place a lot less enjoyable for other posters who just want to follow the team as closely as they can, and then come back, shrug, say 'my bad' and jump back on the bandwagon.

I get why the moderators and kinder-hearted posters accept them back immediately--you're a fellow Cowboy fan and a member of our forum--but I'm not a mod, and I'm not particularly kind-hearted, and I'd just as soon not see rats return when they realize that maybe the ship wasn't sinking after all. My first preference is that the rats not leave, or, actually, that they not be rats at all, but you get the picture.

Again, my opinion isn't aimed at you. In fact, it might be completely off-base as far as you're concerned, I'm not going to look it up. I expect to see a lot of mea culpa posts in the next three weeks as we string together a couple of wins. Or a lot more fans abandoning the team because they're expectations weren't met if we don't.

In the end, it's probably better for the site that everyone comes back, but for my part, I wish there were a better way to show that your tail should be tucked between your legs. Maybe a voluntary sig pic that those who really want to man-up can sport for a few weeks to show that they really get it? Maybe we force them to laugh at bbgun's jokes or to translate cowboyjoe's recaps? I don't know, I'm just throwing things out.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2429765 said:
"Zoner's please forgive them... for they know not what they do"

We all need forgiveness on here... EVERYONE has either stated their opinion as fact OR felt they were right over another poster at one point or another... :)

I can think of a top 10 list of posters right off the top of my head... dont want to open a Pandora's box though...:D

Thanks for being level headed!

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Damn I see there are several different views on how I messed up....I sware on my life and every member of my families life that I have been a die hard boys fan since I was 10 years old...some are taking me the wrong way and some arent...I know that I'm a true fan so I'm okay...its just been a bad year!

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
ndanger;2429632 said:
Send me a couple dozen tamales and a jar of salsa and all will be forgiven, I promise. :)

Forget the tamales and salsa, just send some expensive *** tequila my way and it'll be like it never happened.:)

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;2429840 said:
Forget the tamales and salsa, just send some expensive *** tequila my way and it'll be like it never happened.:)

Thats the least I can do!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
if any one wishes i will take a video camera and give him a swift kick in the rear as his punishment

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ODawg;2429717 said:
My dad was stationed at Davis Monthan...I lived across from the boneyard on escalante....my aunts....sister.....and 2 grandmas still live there...I miss being there all the time....I love the taco shacks man....carne asada is awesome
I used to work just south of the boneyard on Valencia and Kolb.

Gotta agree with you about the taco shacks and carne asada here. There is a very famous chef who lives here in Tucson and in an article about him one time he admitted that the best guilty pleasure of Tucson is the carne asada. He called it the best in the world.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05;2429850 said:
if any one wishes i will take a video camera and give him a swift kick in the rear as his punishment

lets do this...im ready....you wanna box homie:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;2429859 said:
Who are you?

Lets see a 28 year old Air Force Veteran and now I'm a Successful Car Salesman...ohh and I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan...why you ask??? You gay or want to date me or something?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ndanger;2429682 said:
Hos., the biggest reason I miss living in Arizona are the tamales I used to get from the girls that worked for me. I went to my plant manager and worked out a deal for them to be able to sell them at breaks and lunch time. It was against policy that was set for the company who provided the break trucks for us. One of the girls had a sick child who still lived in Mexico with her Grandma so I told him it would help with her situation to be able to earn extra money. He called the break truck company and told them what we were gonna do and said if it's a problem then he would seek services elsewhere. She broke down in tears when she found out and said I would get free tamales for life. Every Monday and Friday , sure enough , would be a dozen of the best tamales ever sitting on my office desk with a note, Mucho Gracias. Dang man I miss those.
This is a great story.