Back to ask for forgiveness fellow forum members!!!

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2429738 said:
Dude... I didn't know you had left.

How you could even say you aren't a Cowboys fan I don't know (unless you're not). I wondered what would make me do that, and I couldn't come up with anything. :confused:

Just the fact that you left in a tough spot (a lot of lukewarm fans do that you know) and then want back in following the VERY FIRST victory, seems... I don't know... sort of wishy-washy.

Anyway, you have to live with yourself, not any of us... so whatever you want to do man. You don't need any permission from us. For you, that's probably a good thing.

Speaking for myself, I won't ever be able to read a post from you without recalling that you bailed on the team. *shrugs*
My sentiments exactly!
ODawg;2429707 said:
Its not about the one win and want to come back...its about the years of this team underachieving...i just got fed up religously following them year after year and putting all my energy into it...the bye week was me recharging...sorry you dont want me back!
Nothing personal, O, but after 30 years of following this franchise and living through the heart breaking playoff losses in the late 70s and 80s, the Landry firing, the 1-15 season, the post Jimmy and Jerry era, and various heartaches over the years I've never once considered giving up on Dallas. I understand your frustration but you took it too far, IMO. But, hey, you only have to be true to yourself so welcome back and enjoy the rest of the season (if you last that long ;))!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Gimme a hug, ya big lug.

That night, when you fled into the night, you took a part of us with you . . . sniff, wheez, sniff . . .

Me and your ma and paw went out looking for you at the usual places -- the the Dominoes Hall, the Camouflage Cotillion, the Sonic, the Halfway House and then the John Deere place.

We wuz sure you were in the area but, alas, nothing.
The Boy Scouts offered to help (they wanted their body-recovery badge) with their long skewers but we were sure you hadn't gone yet to Cowboys Heaven.

But, laddie, you are with you kith and kin agin, back in baby's arms (man she cried for yew; and we found out she is a hell of a cook!)

Promise yew won't run from us no more and all is forgiven. Because jesus would forgive yew and we all love Jesus because of that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;2429653 said:
Here in Tucson, especially around this time of year, if you go to a grocery store in South Tucson there are people selling fresh tamales right in front of the store. Cheap too.

A lot of people are too squeamish to buy from total strangers and not be afraid to eat it, but not me, delicious.

Heck, I buy all my groceries from total strangers. as fer Tamales, lard is what made me what I am today.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ndanger;2429682 said:
Hos., the biggest reason I miss living in Arizona are the tamales I used to get from the girls that worked for me. I went to my plant manager and worked out a deal for them to be able to sell them at breaks and lunch time. It was against policy that was set for the company who provided the break trucks for us. One of the girls had a sick child who still lived in Mexico with her Grandma so I told him it would help with her situation to be able to earn extra money. He called the break truck company and told them what we were gonna do and said if it's a problem then he would seek services elsewhere. She broke down in tears when she found out and said I would get free tamales for life. Every Monday and Friday , sure enough , would be a dozen of the best tamales ever sitting on my office desk with a note, Mucho Gracias. Dang man I miss those.

I hope that is your spelling of Mucho Gracias and not hers.

That is a great story. worthy of re-telling each Christmas season.
You're a good man and jason garrett is better.

ndanger

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2429991 said:
I hope that is your spelling of Mucho Gracias and not hers.

That is a great story. worthy of re-telling each Christmas season.
You're a good man and jason garrett is better.

The lard obviously went to your brain and your humor comes out of your butt. They both stink.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan since the mid 60's, since I first found out about them.

Over the years, because I was a fan of the Cowboys I have been frustrated, disappointed, puzzled, mocked, confused, sad, hurt, crushed, tired, mad, lonely, wrong and spent.

You don't see embarassed in there. It never entered my mind to not be a Cowboys fan.

ODawg, you are weak.

:star: :starspin :star:

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2430170 said:
I've been a Cowboys fan since the mid 60's, since I first found out about them.

Over the years, because I was a fan of the Cowboys I have been frustrated, disappointed, puzzled, mocked, confused, sad, hurt, crushed, tired, mad, lonely, wrong and spent.

You don't see embarassed in there. It never entered my mind to not be a Cowboys fan.

ODawg, you are weak.

:star: :starspin :star:

Sticks n stones may break my bones...lol I'm a weak guy who served in IRAQ for my country:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

rathalarge

Reaction score
Tell the truth ODawg! You clicked your heels together 3 times, and found out "There's NO place like Home"!! No problem!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ODawg;2430202 said:
Sticks n stones may break my bones...lol I'm a weak guy who served in IRAQ for my country:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

ODawg, I somehow wasn't paying attention to that part of the discussion in the thread earlier. I know I was clear that I wasn't calling you out in particular, above, but now I'm embarrassed to have been preaching in this thread about loyalty.

My beef isn't with people who need a break from the Cowboys or the site when things don't go well, it's with the people that poop in the sandbox when they're unhappy and make the rest of us have to watch where we walk.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Okay im fine with all the criticism....I deserve it...but I still love the cowboys:bow:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ODawg;2429861 said:
Lets see a 28 year old Air Force Veteran and now I'm a Successful Car Salesman...ohh and I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan...why you ask??? You gay or want to date me or something?

dude..

Nav22

Reaction score
Be honest... if the Cowboys were blown out 45-0 by the Commanders, would you have created this thread?

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Beaner?!:eek:

that's our(mexicans) word!!!

you had me ready 2 forgive till I read that....now I will need 2 bottles of the finest tequila, a stack of home made tortillas, and then load up all my cousins in the back of my truck so we can all go put a roof on a house...

Just kiddin...

I don't have a truck

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ndanger;2430118 said:
The lard obviously went to your brain and your humor comes out of your butt. They both stink.

I think someone got up on the wrong side of the camp stove, by heck!

C'mon. Flash us that smile me lad. No time for bad feelings.

But a good story.:)

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
[O]. How did the homemade tamales come out is what i want to know???? Men i havnt had a good one in years.. Everything made now days is gross!!!!!