Backup QB - Skip and Shannon Debate Today

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If Dalton is commanding 15M or more then he will not get much response, especially as a backup. Unless Jacksonville decides to go away from whatever his name is as a starter, all the other teams have there QB.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Much of the time, "Undisputed" is a rag of a sports magazine in video form that is not worth repeating. This story is opinion-oriented, designed to stir up ratings for FS1, not deliver factual news. But here you are repeating it as if it's the gospel. It's fake news! You are welcome to have your opinion about that QB room but understand that's all it is opinion. Instead, you're preaching like your laying down facts and doing everyone a service by doing so. In reality, you are nothing more than a "chicken little" panicked and spreading untruths about this QB room. They have all they need... a vet, a backup, and a project. It's your own fault if you don't believe in Cooper Rush.
LOL Yeah OK !!! I think the quarantine is getting to you ! Not even gonna bother responding to your outlandish claims hahaha have a great day !

Kwyn

Reaction score
Interesting segment today they were discussing Cowboys signing one of the following 3 as an insurance policy in case Dak got hurt so the season would not be a bust if that did happen:

Cam Newton

Andy Dalton

Joe Flacco

Points were made there were no bidding wars for any of them and they could be had possibly for a low price. If you had to choose one of these 3 who would you want ?

For me it would have to be between Cam and Dalton not a big fan of Flacco TBH

I would lean more towards Cam just Accuracy concerns me but i think he fits the best !
An we get Skip banned from cowboyszone?

He’s the fakest fake faker in the history of sports “media”.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL Yeah OK !!! I think the quarantine is getting to you ! Not even gonna bother responding to your outlandish claims hahaha have a great day !
That's insulting. You lose the debate, end of the argument.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was debating whether to watch this debate between Skip and Shannon, or to cut off my testicles, and ultimately I decided I already had children, so what do I need testicles for?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3ztlx4.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

keysersoze

Reaction score
Always found it strange that the Cowboys haven't had a viable backup QB since Dak has been the starting QB.
We haven’t had a viable backup quarterback since Bledsoe was the starter and Romo was the backup.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm with you.

I think he has the best mentality to accept the role without trying to undermine or take the starter's job. That's what I would worry about with Newton and I don't think Flacco even cares at this point. His attitude has sucked for years.

I'd love to get Dalton but the price would have to be right, and by right I mean really low!
Dalton is like the 2.0 version of Alex Smith, or at least the closest available.
Solid choice, solid addition, and I called it two days ago..lol chest bump!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Skip made this direct point that he believes Dak Has enough confidence in himself that he would not be phased by Cam not saying he is right just something he pointed out
Dak would have curled up in the corner in the fetal position, sobbing with his thumb in his mouth if we brought in Cam.
Dalton may have the same affect.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dalton is like the 2.0 version of Alex Smith, or at least the closest available.
Solid choice, solid addition, and I called it two days ago..lol chest bump!
I also called the Zuerlein signing.. I never get any love around here...lol

Asklesko

Reaction score
I am intrigued by cam. I would love to see him compete with dik.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All those guys are quality backups, but, yes, Dalton would be my first choice. I wish we had had him in 2015 when we suffered with the likes of Weeden and Cassel.
Cassel SHOULD have been a viable backup. Not sure why. He wasn;t prepared? Cowboys didn't prepare him? He'd won some game before didn't he?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Cassel SHOULD have been a viable backup. Not sure why. He wasn;t prepared? Cowboys didn't prepare him? He'd won some game before didn't he?

It was to Cassel's great disadvantage that he was signed mid-season instead of in the offseason. He would have had a much better chance to do well if he had been in Cowboys training camp and had played in the preseason.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Led the Pats to 11-5 record when Pretty Boy got injured that year.

of course that was 7 years before Dallas. He was uffalo’s 2nd or 3rd string QB when Dallas got him.
It was to Cassel's great disadvantage that he was signed mid-season instead of in the offseason. He would have had a much better chance to do well if he had been in Cowboys training camp and had played in the preseason.

very true