Bad memory of Dallas in Charlotte

Blackspider214

Reaction score
2004 was worse
Do you mean the 2003-04 wild card game against Carolina? I mean, yeah, it was a blowout but we had zero shot in that game. We had Quincy Carter as our QB. It was a fun ride after three straight 5-11 seasons. To finally have a good season and back in the playoffs. But that team was going nowhere.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Do you mean the 2003-04 wild card game against Carolina? I mean, yeah, it was a blowout but we had zero shot in that game. We had Quincy Carter as our QB. It was a fun ride after three straight 5-11 seasons. To finally have a good season and back in the playoffs. But that team was going nowhere.
It was the first crushing loss after the 90s teams. It all went downhill from there and we had Parcells who was the best coach we have had since Jimmy. Feels like nothing has been right since then.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn’t give us much of a chance in that game. I was just happy that we had a winning season and it seemed to be turning around.

However, I actually thought we would win the Playoff games against Carolina and Arizona before that one.

Second Chan Gailey playoff game, Minnesota, felt like that Carolina WC game too. Knew we didn’t have any shot.

plymkr

Reaction score
The worst part was that they destroyed the Vikings in the first round the week before, which gave some hope that after a tough season they were finally putting it all together in time for a playoff run. Nope.
Nothing is worse than false hope.

plymkr

Reaction score
When Irvin went down, I knew it was over.
I remember Irvin went to the locker room and the X Ray room was locked. They showed Irvin sitting on the ground waiting for the X Ray room to be open and he was holding his shoulder. The look on his face said it all.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As soon I saw this thread, the name Lamar Lathon appeared and sickened me. Lol

Hadenough

Reaction score
In 1996 I had a business trip in New Orleans and the playoff game vs the pretty new Carolina Panthers was on during my flight. So I had the old vcr programmed so I would get home to watch the defending champs rip this upstart expansion team. Trouble was the plane stopped in Charlotte. I didnt have to change planes but some other passengers got off and some others came on. The plane flew right over the stadium, while landing so it got pretty close. The game had just ended and all the lights were on, it was pretty cool. I was eager to get home, but then what do I see? I see several sullen people with Cowboy gear get on the plane. NO!!! Expletive, expletive!! This was even worse than watching them lose on tv.

One of my worst Cowboy memories
Was that when Kerry Collins stopped in Dallas as a FA and Jerry didn't sign him. And than he proceeds to sign in Carolina and gives Dallas a beat down in the first round of the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Michael and Deion both left the game injured and Troy was left to try to win the game throwing to Billy Davis. :mad:
i thought quarterbacks are supposed to be able to win with other types of players. Elevate them LOL. elite qb hofer should be able to win on his own against a scrub team..hmm double standard fact is troy never won games with his big 3 and his stars and big daddy Jimmay.. :)) fact our other qbs are held to that standard, no excuses go win!! :muttley:;)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
From the Irvin and Lett suspensions, to Emmitt playing injured all year, to the media savagery regarding Skip’s book…the 96/97 season was one of the worst seasons I’ve ever experienced.
'89 was a dumpster fire.

Rock423

Reaction score
In 1996 I had a business trip in New Orleans and the playoff game vs the pretty new Carolina Panthers was on during my flight. So I had the old vcr programmed so I would get home to watch the defending champs rip this upstart expansion team. Trouble was the plane stopped in Charlotte. I didnt have to change planes but some other passengers got off and some others came on. The plane flew right over the stadium, while landing so it got pretty close. The game had just ended and all the lights were on, it was pretty cool. I was eager to get home, but then what do I see? I see several sullen people with Cowboy gear get on the plane. NO!!! Expletive, expletive!! This was even worse than watching them lose on tv.

One of my worst Cowboy memories
That memory still haunts me. I’m nervous as hell about playing them there. We got our collective buts kicked and it effectively ended the dynasty.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I remember my uncle absolutely loving it and losing his **** with joy. I was 8 I was crestfallen he was like ahah in your face

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Here. Watch the highlights and get irate all over again. Incidentally, Aikman made some terrible decisions in that game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Take some Tums before viewing

Unreal how much I forget about these games as the years go on.

My memory of 2003 is that we lost control early but we actually had a shot up until the end of 2nd qtr.

1996 DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS @ PANTHERS

2003 WILD CARD PLAYOFFS @ PANTHERS

2018 SEASON OPENER @ PANTHERS (pre-Amari Cooper)