Bad player management starting with Witten

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
My issue with Austin is, speed doesn't matter. Austin doesn't seem to get open and he doesn't make plays. Why the Rams gave up on him and he wasn't successful in that offense either.

Yet Witten is slow but seems to get open. Just because you are fast does not mean you can play and I think Austin fits that statement.

He’s run back kicks for us and he’s taken a few deep passes to the house. He’s also been injured too much which is his biggest knock. In a limited capacity he’s very electric with the ball in space.

On that last desperation play they should have thrown him the ball underneath about 20 yds down the field and set up some type of wr screen, that would have been our best chance to score with 2 seconds left...

Zman5

Reaction score
PLAYER Management is topic , they obviously have dont nothing better then us in that department because they've won nothing..

Once again it's a stupid argument you are making.

Based on your logic we should just do what the Patriots are doing. Yeh let's go sign AB. :facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
we lost a ball game..largely because we fumbled twice and was outplayed. Its really that simple.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jarwin was the key to winning that game and they didn’t really use him. I was afraid this would happen with Witten returning. There’s a role for Witten on this team but it’s not in the dynamic passing game. He’s more red zone / goal line / short yardage situations.
I totally disagree. He just fumbled the ball how often has he done that

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
we lost a ball game..largely because we fumbled twice and was outplayed. Its really that simple.
We fumbled the ball twice one on a critical fourth-down. We dropped three first down conversions. Turnovers will kill you every time

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ill say it again, Starting Witten over Jarwin cost us the games.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. I’ve said it a thousand times this year, every TD Witten catches is a TD Jarwin would have. The only difference is Dak wouldn’t have to make a perfect throw to Jarwin due to defenders being draped on Witten like flies on poop.

We are complaining about plays called that score a TD? As if the fact you don't like the person that scored the TD should somehow be the criteria for the play call rather than what the coaches feel will work, and as if the QB's decision on who to throw to should be based on something other than who is open? If the play call works, and Witten gets open and catches the pass, it isn't the result 6 points the same as if Jarwin had caught it?

Rayman70

Reaction score
How?. Collectively they caught 7 passes for 99 yards. The TE position was the absolute least of the problems on offense.
exactly. We lost the turnover battle. END OF STORY. D did its job..Offense couldn't because the Saints D did theirs also...coupled with the fact we lost the ball on 2 crucial drives. Sometimes we should all admit, we got beat, and move on.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Witten doesn't fumble this conversation doesn't happen.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly. We lost the turnover battle. END OF STORY. D did its job..Offense couldn't because the Saints D did theirs also...coupled with the fact we lost the ball on 2 crucial drives. Sometimes we should all admit, we got beat, and move on.
Ditto this. Every loss isn't a sign of doom and every win isn't a sign of greatness. The only thing to do, win or lose, is learn whatever lessons there were from that game and apply what you learn going forward.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
LOL Fans just absolutely must find a person to point a finger at don't they? I've see threads from Dak to Cooper to Witten now. The ENTIRE team sucked on Sunday. As Rayman70 stated several times, turnovers killed us. Start there.