Bad player management starting with Witten

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Through first 4 games. (Witten)

2019 - 14 rec 144yds 2 TD 67.79% of snaps

2017 - 19 rec 168yds 1 TD 98.40% of snaps

2016 - 21 rec 199yds 0 TD 96.03% of snaps

2014 - 15 rec 156yds 0 TD 98.96% of snaps

I'll come back later and post targets. Slipped my mind. On the surface he seems like the same player he has been since at least 2014 statwise (the farthest I could go back for snap counts)

Anyone know his PFF positional ranking?

Cmac

Reaction score
LOL Fans just absolutely must find a person to point a finger at don't they? I've see threads from Dak to Cooper to Witten now. The ENTIRE team sucked on Sunday. As Rayman70 stated several times, turnovers killed us. Start there.
Agree....but you left out Zeke and the order of blame. Zeke the 2019 Fall Guy on this board, while many are safe or accompanied by excuse.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Jarwin was the key to winning that game and they didn’t really use him. I was afraid this would happen with Witten returning. There’s a role for Witten on this team but it’s not in the dynamic passing game. He’s more red zone / goal line / short yardage situations.
Very true but Witten is also the best blocking tight end and it was necessary to have him in on drives because our offensive line was being physically manhandled by their defensive line.

ArtClink

Reaction score
First I was happy to see Witten resign with the team. I like the guy and think he will help through the season.

But with less than 2 mins to go in the 4th quarter - no timeouts why is Witten anywhere near the field?

He should never be in on a 2 min offense. He just doesnt have the speed to get down field and make big plays. Jarwin should be on the field. No excuse. That is poor player management. You need to put the right personnel on the field to give you the best chance to win.

I would even go further to say that Pollard should be on the field in that situation over Zeke. He is more shifty type of back - runs better routs in the passing game and better hands catching the ball.

Other issue I have is why is Austin even on the field? This guy hasnt done anything for the team since he has been here. I rather have Pollard playing his spot on the field.

Just seems like Cowboys do not use the strength of their personnel in different situations.

This!

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The reason why Waldo is hiding is because he questioned Jason Witten's effectiveness on the football field.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
No one was complaining during the first three games of the season now suddenly everyone sucks.

They had one bad game where the entire offense crapped the bed. Wasn’t just one player at fault, guys.

In the end they’re 3-1 after 4 weeks which isn’t too shabby. They keep it up they’ll be 12-4 and division winners.

I’ll reserve judgement until week 17.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First I was happy to see Witten resign with the team. I like the guy and think he will help through the season.

But with less than 2 mins to go in the 4th quarter - no timeouts why is Witten anywhere near the field?

He should never be in on a 2 min offense. He just doesnt have the speed to get down field and make big plays. Jarwin should be on the field. No excuse. That is poor player management. You need to put the right personnel on the field to give you the best chance to win.

I would even go further to say that Pollard should be on the field in that situation over Zeke. He is more shifty type of back - runs better routs in the passing game and better hands catching the ball.

Other issue I have is why is Austin even on the field? This guy hasnt done anything for the team since he has been here. I rather have Pollard playing his spot on the field.

Just seems like Cowboys do not use the strength of their personnel in different situations.

Witten has made plays down the field this season. You want him out there with two minutes to go with games on the line because he’s been dependable. Plus the defense respects him which could open up things for other receivers. Anytime he’s on the field he has to be accounted for.

Verdict

Reaction score
LOL Fans just absolutely must find a person to point a finger at don't they? I've see threads from Dak to Cooper to Witten now. The ENTIRE team sucked on Sunday. As Rayman70 stated several times, turnovers killed us. Start there.

Who fumbled the ball?

Verdict

Reaction score
Witten has made plays down the field this season. You want him out there with two minutes to go with games on the line because he’s been dependable. Plus the defense respects him which could open up things for other receivers. Anytime he’s on the field he has to be accounted for.

I honestly don’t want him on the field —AT ALL— unless it is 3 yards to go or less for the first down or the TD on passing plays and not at all on running downs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I honestly don’t want him on the field —AT ALL— unless it is 3 yards to go or less for the first down or the TD on passing plays and not at all on running downs.

He’s played well this year but a lot of fans are down on him because of the fumble.