Bad week to be a Henson critic...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Sure is nice to see him playing this well, after that stinker last week... the difference, I think, lies in 3 key factors:

1) His coach is calling a more versatile and less predictable game... last week, it seemed like they ran the ball on EVERY first down...

2) The field last week was a mess, it not only hindered his receivers, but it probably hurt Drew's footwork too...

3) Drew just might have been nervous and uptight last week... if so, it does appear he's over it...

As I type this, Henson is 16 of 21 for 167 yards, just threw a NICE TD pass... his throws this week are on the money for the most part, a nice change from all those wild passes he threw last week... his QBR is 114.6... if his play the rest of the season can approach his play today, he might wind up changing the Cowboys' collective mind about his NFL potential...

The Fire is leading 19-0, and just recovered a fumble on the kickoff following Drew's TD pass...

Silverstar

Reaction score
Looong way to go for Henson in Europe. Has to keep this pace going for the rest of the season there.

I'm confident he will.

:starspin

neosapien23

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Looong way to go for Henson in Europe. Has to keep this pace going for the rest of the season there.

I'm confident he will.

Glad to hear he played well over there. I really don't expect much from him, but I hope he proves me wrong.

hendog

Reaction score
This has to be a big confidence booster for him. Him playing with confidence will allow him to be less robotic and just to make plays with his athleticism.

Good for him and part of it has to do with him having a great attitude about going over there. That part alone sets him apart from alot of today's pro athletes.

Ken

Reaction score
I was tough on him last week, good to hear he is playing better.

Look forward to watching him play tonight.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Even a blind squirrel ...

I'm guessing that you're the kind of guy who, if you show him a silver lining, promptly starts looking for the cloud... LOL...

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I really want Drew Henson to pan out for this franchise. I know it is a long shot, but he does have a lot of talent and potential.

I just don't feel comfortable with our current QB situation. If Drew Bledsoe goes down our season would be over.

I just want Jerry to start thinking about bringing in a young quarterback that can be groomed for the future. Drew Henson may be that quarterback...but he has a long way to go before he should see the field again.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I've never really been a Henson supporter or critic. Just wanna see another homegrown franchise QB.

Realistically, I didn't think he had much of a shot to come back to Dallas after an NFL Europe allocation.

But having said that, I think it's far too early to predict anything.

One bad week, one good week.

Let's hope the rest of the year looks like this week. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Henson had a somwhat good game....much better then the last one. But, at least to me, and I could be wrong, but his throws really look low to me...and it just looks like he still has a somewhat funky baseball delivery.

If the throwing lane is wide open, he can get it there, no doubt about it...but, I'm still skeptical. I guess we will see what he does with real NFL players once the season starts.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I've have my doubts about Henson, but I want him to succeed, like I think all Cowboys fans would. The sooner we develop/find a quality young QB, the better off we'll be. If we have that guy on the team now, we are one step ahead of the game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
excellent news!

Henson is a tools guy who can provide long term hope provided he is putting it together where it counts: on the field.

doomsday81

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Sure is nice to see him playing this well, after that stinker last week... the difference, I think, lies in 3 key factors:

1) His coach is calling a more versatile and less predictable game... last week, it seemed like they ran the ball on EVERY first down...

2) The field last week was a mess, it not only hindered his receivers, but it probably hurt Drew's footwork too...

3) Drew just might have been nervous and uptight last week... if so, it does appear he's over it...

As I type this, Henson is 16 of 21 for 167 yards, just threw a NICE TD pass... his throws this week are on the money for the most part, a nice change from all those wild passes he threw last week... his QBR is 114.6... if his play the rest of the season can approach his play today, he might wind up changing the Cowboys' collective mind about his NFL potential...

The Fire is leading 19-0, and just recovered a fumble on the kickoff following Drew's TD pass...

Rohan Davey of the Patriots lit it up in NFL Europe and was named MVP. Later on in training camp, he was cut. Enough said. NFL Europe is nothing more than a step up from the XFL. I'm not coming down on Henson but if you are indeed a Henson critic, what he does against some practice squad players in Germany ceratinly doesn't prove you wrong. I was all for trading for Henson but from what I have so far against NFL competition (remember I said so far), he just doesn't have what it takes to be a successful NFL starting quarterback but who knows? I've been wrong before. I just wouldn't do cartwheels over what he does against the Hamburg Sea Devils or whatever stiff team they are playing against.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So how about we dont judge him from week to week but judge his entire season as a whole?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I'm guessing that you're the kind of guy who, if you show him a silver lining, promptly starts looking for the cloud... LOL...

And I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who equates criticism or disappointment with "hate." He had a nice game in the NFL's version of Pop Warner. Whoop-dee-doo.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Good for Henson..I hope he continues to improve and can be the guy for Dallas in the future..we shall see but this is encouraging

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
From the looks of it, the field wasn't much better this week, heh.

I'm glad Henson came back this week w/ a solid performance. He could have easily thrown yet another interception today, had the defender not dropped it. That's 2 weeks in a row.

Still a solid showing from Drew, hopefully he continues to improve.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Its about damned time he showed he actually still had a pulse. Ooooh Drew Henson actually accomplishes something in his sports career in one game of European football, stop the frickin presses.

acheman

Reaction score
And in terms of sports success, compared to Henson you have done what exactly?