Bad week to be a Henson critic...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cbz40 said:
Well freeze some of that German grub and have him bring it home with him.:D

That will only work for so long...

What he needs to do, is dump that American girlfriend, find a nice little frauline, wash and shave her up, bring her home, and let her cook! :cool:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5Stars said:

What he needs to do, is dump that American girlfriend, find a nice little frauline, wash and shave her up, bring her home, and let her cook! :cool:

I can't say I disagree w/that. :lmao:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Stars said:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: :bow:

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
:eek::
5Stars said:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

ghst187

Reaction score
silverbear said:
1) last week, it seemed like they ran the ball on EVERY first down...
QUOTE]

the coach must've had a deal with BP to get Henson ready to run a BP offense:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like it Silverbear. Nice to see some Cowboys fans sticking up for one of our own. I hope he keeps it up.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
5Stars said:

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2:

Wait - my wife is German . . .
:doh:

She does go through a lot of razors.

Z-Man

Reaction score
silverbear said:
last week, it seemed like they ran the ball on EVERY first down...

The Rhein coach was just trying to make Henson comfortable by using Parcells' offensive scheme.:laugh2:

jay cee

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I like it Silverbear. Nice to see some Cowboys fans sticking up for one of our own. I hope he keeps it up.
I think for most people it depends on how they felt about the player in the 1st place.

If they wanted him to do well, they appreciate posts that show him in a good light. If they want him to poorly they appreciate posts that show him in a bad light.

And they go on attack mode when there is a post that does show him in a positive way.

BlueWave

Reaction score
He didn't just play great, he looked great. Made one unbelievable throw for the TD, a throw that only a few QB's in NFL history could have had the strength to throw. Truly amazing. If you didn't watch the game, don't comment until you do. He looked great. Very quick release and some rocket passes on thrid and long on a few different occasions. I have never seen him look that good yet. Did throw low on a couple of slants, but the TV annoucers gave him credit for throwing the ball low to make sure his receiver was the only one able to catch it.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Gaede said:
Well, I don't want to start anything here, but the initial excuses in this thread are the sort we heard when Quincy was around...There were always external factors that invariably altered his performance, always another excuse. I know because I was one of the people who bought into and perpetuated this process...We all wanted him to succeed so badly.

I'm not saying Henson is Quincy all over again, and I want him to succeed as much as I wanted Quincy to. And I think he will succeed eventually. I also have not seen todays game. I do know last week he didn't look all that good.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is this; let's not continue to make excuses if and when Henson looks bad. We'll just have to go through this whole Quincy/Hutch thing all over again--convincing ourselves we have something when we don't.

Until there is a larger sample size to work with, I don't think it is near a Quincy situation. Personally, I want to see steady progress in his reads and execution. And even if that continues, I'll have guarded optimism at best.

blindzebra

Reaction score
jay cee said:
I think for most people it depends on how they felt about the player in the 1st place.

If they wanted him to do well, they appreciate posts that show him in a good light. If they want him to poorly they appreciate posts that show him in a bad light.

And they go on attack mode when there is a post that does show him in a positive way.

The question is why would any Cowboy fan want him to do poorly?

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Only reason I could think of is so Bill and Jerry would focus on grabbing a QB in the upcoming draft.

rcaldw

Reaction score
That isn't the reason. And honestly it isn't about Henson either. It is about PRIDE. People go public with their take on a player and then they have a PERSONAL INVESTMENT (as crazy as that sounds) in the outcome matching their prediction. If their prediction comes to pass it makes them FEEL knowledgeable. If their prediction doesn't come to pass it makes them FEEL like a loser.

So, no matter the evidence just be prepared for some people to hate on Henson during the NFLE experience.

If he does poorly, they will certainly rain down with their wisdom, but here is the crazy part, IF HE DOES WELL they will shoot down every positive performance. And if nothing else works they will always pull out the NFLE club, that is, these are a bunch of backups.

I laugh when guys give their take on Henson based on his NFL ATTEMPTS, seeing that the guy hasn't even been given a chance. Honestly, AND I'M SAYING THIS AS A HENSON SUPPORTER, I don't know how ANY OF US CAN ACCURATELY JUDGE THE GUY RIGHT NOW. He just simply hasn't played.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Good question indeed. The game is on and I got the PVR rolling. I will tune in in about an hour or so.

blindzebra

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Only reason I could think of is so Bill and Jerry would focus on grabbing a QB in the upcoming draft.

That still makes no sense, because a player with talent 2 years in our system beats any draft pick. Plus you get to fill another position with the pick you'd have used on a QB.

The question still stands:

Why would ANY COWBOYS FAN want him to fail?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
That still makes no sense, because a player with talent 2 years in our system beats any draft pick. Plus you get to fill another position with the pick you'd have used on a QB.

The question still stands:

Oh oh I know

Agenda?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Where do you get that from? Noting his lack of progress is tantamount to wanting him to fail? Did we want Jacob Rogers to fail too, or was he simply a turd? Stop putting words and bad motives in our mouths. I'm archiving these pollyannish posts for when he's cut in August. And no, it will give me no satisfaction to see a third round pick wasted.

blindzebra

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Where do you get that from? Noting his lack of progress is tantamount to wanting him to fail? Did we want Jacob Rogers to fail too, or was he simply a turd? Stop putting words and bad motives in our mouths. I'm archiving these pollyannish posts for when he's cut in August. And no, it will give me no satisfaction to see a third round pick wasted.

Riiiggghhhttt.:rolleyes:

Pretty much answered the question.