Bad week to be a Henson critic...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
...As I type this, Henson is 16 of 21 for 167 yards, just threw a NICE TD pass... his throws this week are on the money for the most part, a nice change from all those wild passes he threw last week... his QBR is 114.6... if his play the rest of the season can approach his play today, he might wind up changing the Cowboys' collective mind about his NFL potential...

The Fire is leading 19-0, and just recovered a fumble on the kickoff following Drew's TD pass...

If by 'Cowboys' collective mind' you mean the opinions of a handful of skittish ninnies on a message board, you're right on target.

The Cowboys, on the other hand, have been saying they'll be patient in developing Henson from the get-go. Here's to hoping it continues to work and eventually pays big dividends.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
acheman said:
And in terms of sports success, compared to Henson you have done what exactly?

What does it matter? He is the theif, that has stole money from 2 of the greatest sports organizations in North America.

acheman

Reaction score
No, they paid him money to try and develop him. As long as he is working as hard as is being reported to try and improve, he stole nothing. Unlike a lot of athletes who are all about the payday, and back up to the office window to collect their checks on payday.Your whole attitude smells of a lot of jealousy and anger that things did not pan out the way you hoped.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
acheman said:
No, they paid him money to try and develop him. As long as he is working as hard as is being reported to try and improve, he stole nothing. Unlike a lot of athletes who are all about the payday, and back up to the office window to collect their checks on payday.Your whole attitude smells of a lot of jealousy and anger that things did not pan out the way you hoped.

Why dont you try judging yourself, buddy.

To put it plainly, I am sick of Drew Henson. To think that he tried football because it was in his heart (like he claims in interviews) and not because he washed out of baseball is a joke .

acheman

Reaction score
Wow, Speaking of judging sounds like you have the wig on and the gavel in your hand buddy.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
acheman said:
Wow, Speaking of judging sounds like you have the wig on and the gavel in your hand buddy.

Lets just say that if Drew Henson was the third baseman of the New York Yankees, I doubt he feels the desire to play football in his heart.

acheman

Reaction score
Now you are a mind reader and know the desires of each man's heart, that is an impressive skill set you have there.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Rohan Davey of the Patriots lit it up in NFL Europe and was named MVP. Later on in training camp, he was cut.

Davey wound up playing with the Pats that season and then was cut a year later.

To Henson's credit, Davey was a completely different story as he had never taken significant time away from the NFL. He was also never nearly highly as touted as Henson was.

I think it's important that Henson plays well, but he doesn't exactly have to light it up. With his natural ability, as long as he keeps improving incrementally, he's in good shape.

Rich............

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Its about damned time he showed he actually still had a pulse. Ooooh Drew Henson actually accomplishes something in his sports career in one game of European football, stop the frickin presses.
.......ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! Former QuINTcy apologist in da house! Hey bud Guess what BP said to QuINTcy that fatefull day?...Hit the rode jack, AND DONTCHA COME BACK , no more no more no more NO MORE, hit da rode jack and dontcha come BACK NO MORE!....:lmao2:

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, I don't want to start anything here, but the initial excuses in this thread are the sort we heard when Quincy was around...There were always external factors that invariably altered his performance, always another excuse. I know because I was one of the people who bought into and perpetuated this process...We all wanted him to succeed so badly.

I'm not saying Henson is Quincy all over again, and I want him to succeed as much as I wanted Quincy to. And I think he will succeed eventually. I also have not seen todays game. I do know last week he didn't look all that good.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is this; let's not continue to make excuses if and when Henson looks bad. We'll just have to go through this whole Quincy/Hutch thing all over again--convincing ourselves we have something when we don't.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SteveOS said:
From the looks of it, the field wasn't much better this week, heh.

I'm glad Henson came back this week w/ a solid performance. He could have easily thrown yet another interception today, had the defender not dropped it. That's 2 weeks in a row.

Still a solid showing from Drew, hopefully he continues to improve.

i'm pretty sure that he can and will throw an INT sooner or later. after all, bledsoe does it and he's still our starter, right?

J-DOG

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Rohan Davey of the Patriots lit it up in NFL Europe and was named MVP. Later on in training camp, he was cut. Enough said. NFL Europe is nothing more than a step up from the XFL. I'm not coming down on Henson but if you are indeed a Henson critic, what he does against some practice squad players in Germany ceratinly doesn't prove you wrong. I was all for trading for Henson but from what I have so far against NFL competition (remember I said so far), he just doesn't have what it takes to be a successful NFL starting quarterback but who knows? I've been wrong before. I just wouldn't do cartwheels over what he does against the Hamburg Sea Devils or whatever stiff team they are playing against.
You can throw in examples good and bad to down-play or hype this last Henson outing.
Kurt Warner played in NFL Europe and he has a ring and an NFL MVP to his credit.
It is what it is.
I hope it leads to something to help this team in the future.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but ever qb that has ever played has thrown an int..maybe 2....:eek:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad to see him to well just so those Henson haters won't put up a dozen threads a day telling us how much he sucks.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Why dont you try judging yourself, buddy.

To put it plainly, I am sick of Drew Henson. To think that he tried football because it was in his heart (like he claims in interviews) and not because he washed out of baseball is a joke .

Old news, but you might want to change your username, because we already said yes to TO.

And to call someone who you don't know a liar is a joke.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
bbgun said:
And I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who equates criticism or disappointment with "hate." He had a nice game in the NFL's version of Pop Warner. Whoop-dee-doo.

Criticism can be constructive, or it can be useless. Yours seems to be the latter because there is nothing constructive about "whoop dee doo, he did well in Europe which means nothing." But if he doesn't live up to his potential, it means he can't handle pop warner football. Seems like a no-win situation to me and just a reflection of the same negative criticism anti-Hensonites like to display.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Glad to see Henson had a good game. We need to see him get more confident with each start.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cbz40 said:
Glad to see Henson had a good game. We need to see him get more confident with each start.

It's that German food that's making him start to play well, well..

Wait till he comes back and has to eat this crappy USA food! :eek:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5Stars said:
It's that German food that's making him start to play well, well..

Wait till he comes back and has to eat this crappy USA food! :eek:

Well freeze some of that German grub and have him bring it home with him.:D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Lets just say that if Drew Henson was the third baseman of the New York Yankees, I doubt he feels the desire to play football in his heart.
:lmao: :lmao2: That is awful. Low blow!!:lmao2: