Twitter: Baldinger breaks down a couple Parsons plays

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Funny people say this now but I remember coming on this site and people having a fit at drafting him…people attacked his “lack of coverage skills”, “lack of experience” and they said we shouldn’t take a linebacker that early….now he’s the best defender in the draft…which I think he is but damn a complete 180. Good for him he looks like the real deal….we had Jaylon and LVE play at a high level but Parsons looks like he’s in the same vein as a Khalil Mack…he’s going to be able to have success all over the field for us..something I haven’t seen in a long time in Dallas on defense.

He's going to be good but Khalil Mack as a comparison? Probably more like a Patrick Willis or Keuchly.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Funny people say this now but I remember coming on this site and people having a fit at drafting him…people attacked his “lack of coverage skills”, “lack of experience” and they said we shouldn’t take a linebacker that early….now he’s the best defender in the draft…which I think he is but damn a complete 180. Good for him he looks like the real deal….we had Jaylon and LVE play at a high level but Parsons looks like he’s in the same vein as a Khalil Mack…he’s going to be able to have success all over the field for us..something I haven’t seen in a long time in Dallas on defense.
Remember everyone talking about him being a bad character risk? Just a bad guy, they said. One member here kept saying he was going to go to jail for his hazing incident. :laugh:

Praxit

Reaction score
Block shedding is refreshing to see, after watching Jaylon acting like he's on skates.
giphy.gif

ultron

Reaction score
When I see Parsons and hear him talk - I think he was destined to be one of two things, a superstar linebacker in professional football or a serial killer. Dick Butkus/Mike Singletary vibes.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, during the draft I was initially bummed we missed out on the top 2 corners. Seeing this kid play though, wow, at this point it appears to have worked out for us, possibly for the better. He is going to be a baller.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
This guy is everything a linebacker should be, he's everything that Jaylon isn't. I love the way he takes on blockers, without any hesitation he makes the decision to stack and shed or just blow you up. If he can't make the play you can be sure that that ball carrier will be on his own because Parsons will have destroyed any and all blocking looking to run interference. For all the experts that said you don't take an off-ball linebacker that high in the draft, shut the hell up.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I remember @CATCH17 saying he was a waste of a pick because he couldn't cover and @AsthmaField jumping through hoops happy saying we got potentially a great one.
Those things stuck with me.

Zman5

Reaction score
And he is a rookie.

Imagine him after a year or two in a professional weight training program.

He already has enough physical talent to be potentially great. What will happen in few years is the mental side of the game will improve. Barring major injuries, that should make him really great.

DanA

Reaction score
Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. What nobody talked about was how smart the kid is.His ability to retain whatever they throw at him is impressive. The talent was obvious but there are intangibles that I think can make him special.

There was a YouTube video of Parsons being interviewed analysing his play. He was out walking his dog or something but it was clear as day by his diagnosis that he was a very smart footballer and extremely sound in his play despite the D-line regularly making mistakes. He’d do his job and then often end up covering up D-line mistakes with his athleticism.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I always said he was the best defensive player in the draft. I just never thought this front office had it in them to make the pick. Especially considering the Smith contract. But they got lucky and the 2 corners came off the board and they were almost forced to take Parsons.

Proof

Reaction score

plenty of people felt that way about him during and pre-draft. and even if there are folks who’ve changed their opinion, that’s a good thing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I remember @CATCH17 saying he was a waste of a pick because he couldn't cover and @AsthmaField jumping through hoops happy saying we got potentially a great one.
Those things stuck with me.

I said he’s a waste of a pick IF he can’t affect the opposing teams pass game and I still stand by that.

If he’s a normal backer that just gets a bunch of tackles and is mediocre in coverage then it’s a wasted pick.