Twitter: Baldinger breaks down a couple Parsons plays

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Folks need to also consider this. Parsons best football is in front of him. He’s not played the position for two at Penn State. He was a DE/RB in high school.

Conversely, Jaylon was a LB all through high school, all through college, and every snap of his career in the NFL. He’s a finished product.
Thats scary....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow, Micah Parsons should have been a 1st round draft pick, oh, wait . . .
H-m-m, I hereby nominate him for the HOF -- it's surely his destiny!:thumbup:

All kidding aside, folks and fans, he's on the right track -- it works for me!

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Funny people say this now but I remember coming on this site and people having a fit at drafting him…people attacked his “lack of coverage skills”, “lack of experience” and they said we shouldn’t take a linebacker that early….now he’s the best defender in the draft…which I think he is but damn a complete 180. Good for him he looks like the real deal….we had Jaylon and LVE play at a high level but Parsons looks like he’s in the same vein as a Khalil Mack…he’s going to be able to have success all over the field for us..something I haven’t seen in a long time in Dallas on defense.
Wasn't it true though? His limited 2 year college tape showed him struggle in coverage since he started off as a DE before being moved to a LB, so it was understandable why he struggled in coverage. Micah sat out last year. Clearly, he has worked on his quickness and coverage ability. No need to call out posters who questioned Micah's college coverage ability when they were right with what we saw from his limited time in college.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think Parsons will be good but the first turnover was not forced it was a bad snap and drop by the qb. I'll take the turnover but I wouldn't say that we forced that one.

Still he had the recognition to see the ball on the ground and jump on it without hesitation. How many times have we seen our defense see the ball on the ground, wait a second or two and try and go after it. Only to see thats it's too late. Not only is Parson's fast. But his play recognition is equally fast.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wasn't it true though? His limited 2 year college tape showed him struggle in coverage since he started off as a DE before being moved to a LB, so it was understandable why he struggled in coverage. Micah sat out last year. Clearly, he has worked on his quickness and coverage ability. No need to call out posters who questioned Micah's college coverage ability when they were right with what we saw from his limited time in college.
I’m just saying 4 months ago the scouts on this site told us if we don’t select the corners or if Pitts isn’t there we should go draft Slater.

Now I’m not knocking anyone for that I’m just saying the tone has changed and he hasn’t even played a regular season game lol.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m just saying 4 months ago the scouts on this site told us if we don’t select the corners or if Pitts isn’t there we should go draft Slater.

Now I’m not knocking anyone for that I’m just saying the tone has changed and he hasn’t even played a regular season game lol.
LOL...You're right about that brother!

Our scouts were WRONG! :muttley:

We need better scouts!! :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL...You're right about that brother!

Our scouts were WRONG! :muttley:

We need better scouts!! :laugh:
I know lol…..I love how when they are wrong or may be wrong they won’t admit it lol…..it is what it is their wrong is the Cowboys joy. Hopefully his play transfers into the regular season. It’s going to be fun watching this defense grow.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He’s going to be so good… and the team isn’t going to unveil anything special with him in the preseason. Once the games are for real, they’re going to send him after the QB and try to scheme him some big plays.

It is going to be fun.
Don’t let Mountaineer hear that - IHO the kid is a 3rd rounder who didn’t even start in college.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Folks need to also consider this. Parsons best football is in front of him. He’s not played the position for two at Penn State. He was a DE/RB in high school.

Conversely, Jaylon was a LB all through high school, all through college, and every snap of his career in the NFL. He’s a finished product.

*Meant to say Parsons has only just recently played the linebacker position for 2 years while at Penn State.

The criticisms (“he can’t cover.....he has no instincts...he’s just like Jaylon”) of him coming out of ahead of the draft were silly when understanding the context of where he is at in his development.

Despite being green at the position, in just his second season playing LB, he goes out and wins the Butkus Award in 2019 tallying:

100+ tackles
14 TFL
5 sacks
5 PDs
4 FF

Dude’s best football is ahead of him.