Twitter: Baldinger breaks down a couple Parsons plays

Proof

Reaction score
the giants were a decently run organization a decade ago. has no bearing on how they draft now and in recent years.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
you said cowboys players dont reach their full potential. I was thinking about tyron, martin, frederick, leary, free. I don't see how much more they could improve. They were pretty good.
I said they don't BECAUSE of the CULTURE.

They were pretty good. But our COACHING didn't utilize them to the point where we advanced to where their FULL POTENTIAL could have taken them. They were, by far, the strongest unit on our team. I also gave, as examples, the Hogs and the Giants offensive line and the Cowboys offensive line of the 90s. The Hogs were marked by their offensive line. The Giants second Super Bowl win was a matter of their offensive line keeping the Bills offense on the sidelines. The Cowboys won their second Super Bowl over Buffalo on the strength of the offensive line opening holes for Emmitt Smith in the second half.

THEY reached their FULL POTENTIAL as dominant units. Our offensive line did not. Hence, my assessment.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I said they don't BECAUSE of the CULTURE.

They were pretty good. But our COACHING didn't utilize them to the point where we advanced to where their FULL POTENTIAL could have taken them. They were, by far, the strongest unit on our team. I also gave, as examples, the Hogs and the Giants offensive line and the Cowboys offensive line of the 90s. The Hogs were marked by their offensive line. The Giants second Super Bowl win was a matter of their offensive line keeping the Bills offense on the sidelines. The Cowboys won their second Super Bowl over Buffalo on the strength of the offensive line opening holes for Emmitt Smith in the second half.

THEY reached their FULL POTENTIAL as dominant units. Our offensive line did not. Hence, my assessment.

Then every team in the league doesn't help their players reach their full potential. If each unit has a standard and only had one dominant unit in the history of the league, then no team helps their players reach their full potential unless they overtake that 1 dominant unit in history

Besides the oline, I think this WR group might be something special, and the coaching staff will help them reach their full potential

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Then every team in the league doesn't help their players reach their full potential. If each unit has a standard and only had one dominant unit in the history of the league, then no team helps their players reach their full potential unless they overtake that 1 dominant unit in history

If they're listed as DOMINANT, no.

Remember, you said the Cowboys offensive line reached its FULL POTENTIAL. Not every team gets the FULL POTENTIAL out of its players. Some teams can't because their players aren't dominant. But we expect a team to get the most out of its DOMINANT players. If they don't, that's the fault of the coaching staff or the culture.

Is it Dan Marino's fault that he didn't get a Super Bowl ring? No. It's Shula's and the scouting department's or the GM's fault because they couldn't build a team around Marino to take advantage of his talents.

Is it Barry Sanders' fault he didn't get to the Super Bowl? No. It's his sorry organization that couldn't build a team around him. Remember, the Lions were better than the Cowboys in 1991 but couldn't continue to develop a team around Sanders.

Again, my point is some players don't reach their full potential because of their organizational culture. Average players in the New England Patriots organization have multiple rings while some of the greats on other teams have none. But Bill Belichick was able to get the most from those players because of his coaching and because he belong to the Patriots organization and developed a culture of EXCELLENCE.

Besides the oline, I think this WR group might be something special, and the coaching staff will help them reach their full potential

We have the tools on offense to be dominant. If we don't reach the Super Bowl, whose fault will it be if not the players? The coaching? The culture?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If they're listed as DOMINANT, no.

Remember, you said the Cowboys offensive line reached its FULL POTENTIAL. Not every team gets the FULL POTENTIAL out of its players. Some teams can't because their players aren't dominant. But we expect a team to get the most out of its DOMINANT players. If they don't, that's the fault of the coaching staff or the culture.

Is it Dan Marino's fault that he didn't get a Super Bowl ring? No. It's Shula's and the scouting department's or the GM's fault because they couldn't build a team around Marino to take advantage of his talents.

Is it Barry Sanders' fault he didn't get to the Super Bowl? No. It's his sorry organization that couldn't build a team around him. Remember, the Lions were better than the Cowboys in 1991 but couldn't continue to develop a team around Sanders.

Again, my point is some players don't reach their full potential because of their organizational culture. Average players in the New England Patriots organization have multiple rings while some of the greats on other teams have none. But Bill Belichick was able to get the most from those players because of his coaching and because he belong to the Patriots organization and developed a culture of EXCELLENCE.

We have the tools on offense to be dominant. If we don't reach the Super Bowl, whose fault will it be if not the players? The coaching? The culture?

I took your original post of "cowboys players' as the standard for reaching their full potential. I think those players I listed did play and are still playing to the best of their potential. We can leave it at that

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I took your original post of "cowboys players' as the standard for reaching their full potential. I think those players I listed did play and are still playing to the best of their potential. We can leave it at that
But my statement was linked to overall culture also.
Be that as it may, yes, let's agree to disagree.

lk8701

Reaction score
He might be the Cowboys best defensive player since Demarcus Ware.