Twitter: Baldinger breaks down a couple Parsons plays

jnday

Reaction score
Well, I’m not really rubbing it in but your point is well taken. While he looks very good so far… he still hasn’t played in a real NFL game yet. I get it.

However, it is pretty clear to this point that he isn’t some bad guy that is a trouble maker and can’t control a terrible temper or something. It was the typical pre-draft nit-picking that takes what is a fantastic prospect and suddenly makes fans wonder if he’s even worth a first round pick. The truth is that his rare, natural physical abilities coupled with a resume that has him playing elite football in every single year should have him in the top-5 conversation. He had been great every year going back to 9th grade.

Competitive alpha mentality. Elite production everywhere he’s been. Rare athleticism. All of that easily equals being drafted at the very top of the draft, yet some fans were saying stay away from him in round 1? Because of a hazing incident? That deserves to have a little fun poked at it.
As I mentioned in another post, it was not just some fans that had a problem with his attitude, it was several teams that had a problem with him. The Giants was one of the most vocal about Parsons having a diva attitude. At this point, Parsons and the other rookies have been in camp with little opportunity to go out and enjoy the nightlife. I guess we will find out how Parsons responds when he is settled down in Dallas and we can see how he responds.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another post, it was not just some fans that had a problem with his attitude, it was several teams that had a problem with him. The Giants was one of the most vocal about Parsons having a diva attitude. At this point, Parsons and the other rookies have been in camp with little opportunity to go out and enjoy the nightlife. I guess we will find out how Parsons responds when he is settled down in Dallas and we can see how he responds.
Has he ever gotten into trouble because of the nightlife? Real question, I honestly don’t know…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
plenty of people felt that way about him during and pre-draft. and even if there are folks who’ve changed their opinion, that’s a good thing.
I just find it funny people changed their tune before the season even started lol.
I said he’s a waste of a pick IF he can’t affect the opposing teams pass game and I still stand by that.

If he’s a normal backer that just gets a bunch of tackles and is mediocre in coverage then it’s a wasted pick.
What if he just racks up a bunch of tackles and he’s average against the pass but our defense becomes top 10 in the league

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that’s why the Giants draft like they do. They literally talk themselves out of picks. Eagles do it too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Has he ever gotten into trouble because of the nightlife? Real question, I honestly don’t know…
It was people very vocal about him pre draft but the only information out there is this hazing incident. Sometimes where there smoke there’s fire. I get it. But at times you can smell BS. Joseph snd Parsons didn’t have traditional college runs but the off the field issues people claimed they had just seemed to be overblown. It’s like it gave teams a reason to pass on them just because they had someone higher on their board.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It was people very vocal about him pre draft but the only information out there is this hazing incident. Sometimes where there smoke there’s fire. I get it. But at times you can smell BS. Joseph snd Parsons didn’t have traditional college runs but the off the field issues people claimed they had just seemed to be overblown. It’s like it gave teams a reason to pass on them just because they had someone higher on their board.
Yeah, that mixed with missing 2020 due to COVID was enough to make teams nervous. I get it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just find it funny people changed their tune before the season even started lol.

What if he just racks up a bunch of tackles and he’s average against the pass but our defense becomes top 10 in the league

That would be a team effort and more than anything and we’d most likely finish top 10 without him if he doesn’t impact the pass game.

You just can’t be a non dynamic first round linebacker and not be a waste.

jnday

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know either, but I did read that his attitude was a major problem for some teams during the preseason-draft interviews. It could be nothing more than immaturity and it could be something that he grows out of. I certainly hope he has grown out of it .

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah, that mixed with missing 2020 due to COVID was enough to make teams nervous. I get it.

good for the cowboys. If it wasn’t for the hazing concerns and missing 2020 for covid. Parsons wouldn’t have been around for the cowboys to draft him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know either, but I did read that his attitude was a major problem for some teams during the preseason-draft interviews. It could be nothing more than immaturity and it could be something that he grows out of. I certainly hope he has grown out of it .

No known legal issues thankfully. I do think there was some maturity issues especially early in his college years. But he also has made strides especially since having his son.

so hopefully it’s just more so the young adult maturity stuff that will get better as he ages.

Also, a positive. His on the field character and listening to coaches and taking coaching has never been an issue. Which is important.

The penn state coaches loved him.

jnday

Reaction score
And that’s why the Giants draft like they do. They literally talk themselves out of picks. Eagles do it too.
All teams do it at one time or another. Jerry talked himself out of drafting Randy Moss. I am certainly not going to criticize the drafting habits of the Giants or Eagles. Both of those teams have won a Super Bowl this century. Parson’s attitude might not be an issue while he is a Cowboy , but history has shown that Dallas is not a good place for players with bad attitudes and big egos.

jnday

Reaction score
No known legal issues thankfully. I do think there was some maturity issues especially early in his college years. But he also has made strides especially since having his son.

so hopefully it’s just more so the young adult maturity stuff that will get better as he ages.

Also, a positive. His on the field character and listening to coaches and taking coaching has never been an issue. Which is important.

The penn state coaches loved him.
That is good news. I hope he has outgrown his immaturity issues and they don’t resurface in Dallas. Parson’s attitude was the only negative issue that I have read about.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All teams do it at one time or another. Jerry talked himself out of drafting Randy Moss. I am certainly not going to criticize the drafting habits of the Giants or Eagles. Both of those teams have won a Super Bowl this century. Parson’s attitude might not be an issue while he is a Cowboy , but history has shown that Dallas is not a good place for players with bad attitudes and big egos.
Winning a Super Bowl doesn’t all of a sudden make you a model organization…..Giants talking themselves out of Parsons but drafting Toney who keeps missing time doesn’t show signs of a franchise I’d want to emulate.