Baldinger: Help LG Connor Williams early and often

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Woods sprained his mcl early in the 2nd qtr. (11:15) He didn't play after that.

Which doesn’t explain him looking “Gassed” in the first quarter. Unless he was trying to play thru another injury...

jnday

Reaction score
Sua filo has shown more push in the run game, Williams is a better pass protector...
Williams is also faster and he is very good when he can block on the run. He is very good at blocking on the second level and on down the field when he does some lead blocking for the ball carrier. Williams is getting stronger with his blocking at the first level and he has a bright future.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Williams is also faster and he is very good when he can block on the run. He is very good at blocking on the second level and on down the field when he does some lead blocking for the ball carrier. Williams is getting stronger with his blocking at the first level and he has a bright future.

That’s all true which is why he’s more suited to play tackle...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I know a lot was made about his added bulk and so on.

He is not getting beat by power. It is technique.

I guess they got a little encouraged about how Martin went from tackle to guard.

The transition for Williams is not nearly as encouraging. He has a lot of false steps, bad hand placement and yes, some power issues.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I know a lot was made about his added bulk and so on.

He is not getting beat by power. It is technique.

I guess they got a little encouraged about how Martin went from tackle to guard.

The transition for Williams is not nearly as encouraging. He has a lot of false steps, bad hand placement and yes, some power issues.

Martin has always been big and powerful. This guy is more finesse than power.. He’s serviceable at guard but he’s really playing out of his natural position...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I kept watching each and ever rep to see if he ever asserted himself.

He did not.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
He plays just good enough to get by. At least he's not like the 1st round left tackle for the Broncos. Now that's a bust.

Aven8

Reaction score
Looney looks so lonely as Captain Caveman on that sideline too. He’s should be the Guard.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
CW is quicker than XSF but doesn’t have the power XSF has the point of attack. He’s going to continue to get manhandled. CW shouldn’t be starting, imo.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I agree with Baldinger Williams is definitely the week link. It was bad last week and not many are talking about it.

jnday

Reaction score
His body type and talents are more typical of a tackle , but there is not a backup guard in the roster that is better than him.