Twitter: Baldinger: Receivers are running straight to defenders

Ken

Reaction score
Ya...I went through the tape and we must run the most 10 yard curl patterns in the league.

Coaching leaves a lot to be desired with this team.

The other glaring deficiency, not having hot reads for blitzes. Many times guys are just running downfield while dak is running for his life.

The other thing...is guys who are not expectiex the ball lazily run their route. You should run the route every time like you are getting the ball. Guys also never look for the ball...pathetic.

T-RO

Reaction score
Ya...I went through the tape and we must run the most 10 yard curl patterns in the league.

If your quarterback refuses to throw downfield passes...ties the hands of the coaches and kills the scheme.

Look I’m fine with changing coaches but the QB’s limitations will just get forwarded on to the next OC.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If your quarterback refuses to throw downfield passes...ties the hands of the coaches and kills the scheme.

Look I’m fine with changing coaches but the QB’s limitations will just get forwarded on to the next OC.
Downfield to who? This is the offense, receivers run straight to the defender. That's why there is no separation. Where should have he thrown the ball?

BRoni

Reaction score
It's mainly because of Dak.he can hit on curls and slants but can't make an Out throw to the sideline.

I don’t buy this, but even if true then you play another QB and run an effective offensive game plan. Either way this crap goes back to the coaches and front office.

T-RO

Reaction score
Downfield to who? This is the offense, receivers run straight to the defender. That's why there is no separation. Where should have he thrown the ball?

There is extensive film breakdown on our routes and Dak’s opportunities. Check Akoye Media Cowboys on YouTube. They aren’t running routes like Baldy says. Guys are getting open.

I can assure you...Baldinger as a former lineman...with too many concussions...doesn’t know squat.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

The other glaring deficiency, not having hot reads for blitzes. Many times guys are just running downfield while dak is running for his life.

The other thing...is guys who are not expectiex the ball lazily run their route. You should run the route every time like you are getting the ball. Guys also never look for the ball...pathetic.
If they run routs longer than 10 yards they are out of Daks accuracy range

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There is extensive film breakdown on our routes and Dak’s opportunities. Check Akoye Media Cowboys on YouTube. They aren’t running routes like Baldy says. Guys are getting open.

I can assure you...Baldinger as a former lineman...with too many concussions...doesn’t know squat.

Yeah, you have to look at the body of work.

But that one play did suck.