Twitter: Baldinger: Receivers are running straight to defenders

gmoney112

Reaction score
There is extensive film breakdown on our routes and Dak’s opportunities. Check Akoye Media Cowboys on YouTube. They aren’t running routes like Baldy says. Guys are getting open.

I can assure you...Baldinger as a former lineman...with too many concussions...doesn’t know squat.

Then link the plays.

Theres one right in front of us here, and its classic Coryell Garrett/Linehan garbage.

Go watch an Eagles game, a Rams game, a Chiefs game and watch the receivers and RPOs.

Our offensive playcalling sucks.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well with all the rule changes the NFL is heading toward Pop Warner football.

But hey, the Cowboys are ahead of the pack and are already running this plan.
Can’t say the Cowboys aren’t a forward looking team. Just think when Jason is 90 years old, he will have Been ahead of the game.

zerofill

Reaction score
How many yards in the air was that ball to Austin? 40?

Austin went deep. Got separation deep. Dak hit him.

The first two need to happen before Dak should be chucking it deep.

That was step back... 1 Mississippi... 2 Mississippi... 3 Mississippi... Throw in direction....

Dak: "Tyron, did he catch it?"
Tyron: "Yep, never thought I would see that!"
Dak: "Good... that throw will make my new contract!"

:lmao2:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Then link the plays.

Theres one right in front of us here, and its classic Coryell Garrett/Linehan garbage.

Go watch an Eagles game, a Rams game, a Chiefs game and watch the receivers and RPOs.

Our offensive playcalling sucks.

even LIneahan knows these curls are low percentage plays.how many OUt throws had Dak missed this season? i think he has missed ALL of them some on crucial downs,he just cant hit them at all.

BRoni

Reaction score
even LIneahan knows these curls are low percentage plays.how many OUt throws had Dak missed this season? i think he has missed ALL of them some on crucial downs,he just cant hit them at all.

Nobody is forcing the staff to continue to start a 4th round draft pick if he can’t do the job. Or are they being forced? Who knows.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
If your quarterback refuses to throw downfield passes...ties the hands of the coaches and kills the scheme.

Look I’m fine with changing coaches but the QB’s limitations will just get forwarded on to the next OC.

And if you don't design short routes for him?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If your quarterback refuses to throw downfield passes...ties the hands of the coaches and kills the scheme.

Look I’m fine with changing coaches but the QB’s limitations will just get forwarded on to the next OC.
I disagree. Dak can and has thrown down field but other than Romo what QB did throw down field regularly. Weeden has a huge arm, Cassell, Moore and Sanchez can all throw deep but yet we see almost the same throws from Dak as those guys. Short to medium passes is what we seen from all those guys not including Romo. That's a Garrett issue and personally I think he tells them not to go deep, to keep things short.

If Garrett was any coach at all he would have pulled Dak into his office and said "Dak I want 10 deep passes every game or you're sitting on the bench". Garrett hasn't said that to any of his QBs, Romo changed plays. You think Daks best season was with Romo in his ear or was that just a coincidence?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
There is extensive film breakdown on our routes and Dak’s opportunities. Check Akoye Media Cowboys on YouTube. They aren’t running routes like Baldy says. Guys are getting open.
There are chips in the players' shoulder pads that measure the distance from the defender to the receiver when targeted. Swaim is generally left open. Nobody else is getting open with any consistency.

Dak has obviously been overly reluctant to make the throw anyway, even with an open guy, and that is an issue. But our WR are creating some of the least amount of separation in the league right now.

Receiver Avg Separation (NFL Rank)
9th Swaim
66th Beasley
91st Hurns
112th Thompson

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
I think it's time to move on from Sanjay Lal. He's the obvious culprit here. I'm surprised jerry didn't call him out yet. Let him know he better step up his game a little.

reddyuta

Reaction score
They did this crap when Romo was the QB. It has nothing to do with QB's ability to throw to the sideline. This is JG's scheme.
Are you telling me Romo couldn't throw to the sidelines too?

I am saying Dak can makes these Curls and Slants for a high percentage but cant hit even a 10-15 yard OUT throw from the pocket.If he keeps missing them then the OC probably is not going to call them a lot.

Last edited: