Twitter: Baldinger: Receivers are running straight to defenders

Asklesko

Reaction score
The other thing...is guys who are not expecting the ball lazily run their route. You should run the route every time like you are getting the ball. Guys also never look for the ball...pathetic.

Everyone knows who is getting the ball though. Everyone but the two guys involved can take plays off.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I am saying Dak can makes these Curls and Slants for a high percentage but cant hit even a 10-15 yard OUT throw from the pocket.If he keeps missing them then the DC probably is not going to call them a lot.

We are so ahead of the curve....our DC is calling our offensive plays.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
There are chips in the players' shoulder pads that measure the distance from the defender to the receiver when targeted. Swaim is generally left open. Nobody else is getting open with any consistency.

Dak has obviously been overly reluctant to make the throw anyway, even with an open guy, and that is an issue. But our WR are creating some of the least amount of separation in the league right now.

Receiver Avg Separation (NFL Rank)
9th Swaim
66th Beasley
91st Hurns
112th Thompson
@The Natural @Zordon @DejectedFan1996

Well well well. Look at what we have here. CZ told us all last season/offseason that Dez and his inability to run routes was the reason for him not getting separation and not the scheme :cool::oops:

Ken

Reaction score
If your quarterback refuses to throw downfield passes...ties the hands of the coaches and kills the scheme.

Look I’m fine with changing coaches but the QB’s limitations will just get forwarded on to the next OC.
The limitations i see are with the personell and the scheme. Lazy routes...guys not looking for the ball. No one beating anyone. Predictable scheme.

Zeke might as well stay in and block because he lazily runs his routes and never looks for the ball. Throw in multiple times including the td throw that he has no idea where he is on the field...grrr .And now one of his supposed strengths...pass blocking, has turned into him now trying to cut guys. 1st week resulting with the guy getting up to make a play and last week with a guy supermanning and messing up a third down throw. One of the reasons i was ok with taking him at 4 was he was supposed to be a complete back. He just isn't.

He is really making my list and that is never a good thing lol.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
One play in our own territory with a long distance to go....you are going to get this type of route by many teams, not just ours.

As for plays showing guys open, just search for Okoye's breakdowns. You might not appreciate his analysis, but you do see multiple plays where guys are open and Dak isn't letting it go.

Zman5

Reaction score
I am saying Dak can makes these Curls and Slants for a high percentage but cant hit even a 10-15 yard OUT throw from the pocket.If he keeps missing them then the DC probably is not going to call them a lot.

Those routes have nothing to do with Dak's ability to hit an out route since the same routes were ran when Romo was the QB. That same crap used to get Romo killed.

Go back and watch the games against the Deadskins when Jim Hastlett was their DC. Same with the Eagles when Jim Johnson was the DC. People were complaining about the same routes 10 years ago when Romo used to get beat up because the WR couldn't get separation running those same routes.

Ken

Reaction score
Everyone knows who is getting the ball though. Everyone but the two guys involved can take plays off.
Simply not true. Dak is constantly going through progressions.

I would be all over him if he wasnt. See wentz for not going through progressions.

HungryLion

Reaction score
@The Natural @Zordon @DejectedFan1996

Well well well. Look at what we have here. CZ told us all last season/offseason that Dez and his inability to run routes was the reason for him not getting separation and not the scheme :cool::oops:

:facepalm:

It’s shameful dude.

Dak and Dez were lights out together in 2016. They have one bad half a season and the brilliant FO and coaches scrap it.

Jason Garret and his poor roster decisions is a plague on the team.

T-RO

Reaction score
There are chips in the players' shoulder pads that measure the distance from the defender to the receiver when targeted. Swaim is generally left open. Nobody else is getting open with any consistency.

Dak has obviously been overly reluctant to make the throw anyway, even with an open guy, and that is an issue. But our WR are creating some of the least amount of separation in the league right now.

9th Swaim
66th Beasley
91st Hurns
112th Thompson

Think it through. Defenses are collapsing as they know Dak won't throw it deep. So there's a lot more congestion in the 15 yard zone where Dak is working. Ergo: less separation.

I watched a fair bit of camp highlights and even in those pass-friendly conditions Dak was
-holding the ball, waiting, waiting
-afraid to throw it downfield
-inaccurate when he did go beyond 15 yards

Defenses right now can load the box and focus on short passes. It's very easy to defend.

HungryLion

Reaction score
“Dez has been washed up since 2015”

“Dak and Dez never had chemistry”

-Cowboyszone.com

It’s so asinine man.

They were playing well together in 2016. Really well down the stretch. Making huge plays.

But no, the second year QB is going through Struggles........ let’s cut his best receiver.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

CWR

Reaction score

9th Swaim
66th Beasley
91st Hurns
112th Thompson

I thought the all 22 showed receivers open for days vs Carolina? (no sarcasm intended honest question)