Twitter: Baldy is Impressed with Cee Dee Lamb

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Great number Baldy pointed out. Probably a more important number than the 40 is the 10 yard split, which shows burst off the line. Only Ruggs at 1.43 was faster than Lamb's 1.46 in the entire combine.
That's a good point. Ruggs is a burner, but Cee Dee is right there in terms of getting off the LOS. Cee Dee has size (200lbs) too so press coverage won't bother him as much as it would for Ruggs.

Teams will still have to respect Coop and Gallup so if Kellen can get Cee Dee 1 on 1 in space he's gonna do YAC damage.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I'm impressed with his passing skills

Put him in the wildcat too with Pollard, Coop, Gallup and Blake Jarwin. Let's see teams matchup with that. :laugh:

J-man

Reaction score
If you can turn Jalen Hurts into the Heisman trophy runner-up then you’re a bad, bad man! That kid is a certified bum.

yeah that play against Texas where he came back to the ball and broke 2 tackles to score that Baldy just dissected, he came back to the ball because Hurts made a bad throw! If he would have hit him in stride he would have never been touched.
But that shows what kind of WR we just got. A STUD

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Son of a gun is piling on.

Of course he is going to be great.

He is going to make Dak look like Tom Brady and Zeke look like..

Old 'Look at my washboard abs' Zeke.

Tell me something I don't know.

Lambs best feature for us is his ability to get separation. Dak likes loose defensive coverage.

The trick is to line Lamb up to work on a level 2 or 3 CB/S and let the other receivers do their thing.

This potentially could rival when Bobby Hayes arrived for us in 1965.

You had to have been there to see how it changed us as an offense. When I was 10 years old and seeing the Cowboys for the first time..

Hayes would head out on a fly pattern and the crowd would jump to it's feet. I would have to jump on the wooden bench seats to see over the standing fans screaming and shaking each other's hands.

That was the very beginning of us winning.

Lamb is so skitter scatter in his routes..he can't be covered in single coverage.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's because a 40 time has nothing to do with actual play speed. Too many people are caught up in these guys running in spandex like they are track guys. Many reasons why a guy runs a 40 that isn't impressive but in game runs away from guys.

Right as they put on the pads, some players it does not effect them and others it may restrict them some. Give me the true football player over the track speed.
Most of these speedsters are smaller built. Add 20 pounds of gear and see the difference.
Maybe they should run the 40's in full gear also. See the difference.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Right as they put on the pads, some players it does not effect them and others it may restrict them some. Give me the true football player over the track speed.
Most of these speedsters are smaller built. Add 20 pounds of gear and see the difference.
Maybe they should run the 40's in full gear also. See the difference.
I would love to see them run the 40 in full gear. I was taking about that years ago.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Looking ahead, does Ceedee project better as a Slot, X or Z?

Him being a slot is perfect for now since Cooper is still here, but once we move on from Coop, will Ceedee excel on the outside?

Plankton

Reaction score
I think Michael Irvin said no sub 4.4 WRs are in HOF. I think he has a point.

Irvin
Rice
Stallworth
TO

Many many of the all-time greats didn't have great 40 times (not putting Cee Dee in their category...yet...;) but he has the makings of a great pro).

Bob Hayes and Randy Moss, amongst others, beg to differ with Irvin.

Reaction score
If you can turn Jalen Hurts into the Heisman trophy runner-up then you’re a bad, bad man! That kid is a certified bum.

It was hard not to look bad following their previous two QBs who had a ton of arm talent and accuracy. Jalen's talent was running and keeping an even keel, he almost never choked on a pass that I saw. Some of them were not very accurate but they were almost always catchable, no matter the pressure. Philly reached really bad on that one, but I will say that Hurts should make a perfect backup QB.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One more 10 yard split for you guys
John Ross AKA owner of the fastest 40 in Combine history at 4.22
Ross 1.49
Lamb 1.46
He will be an absolute monster in the slot.

Gaede

Reaction score

What's amazing is watching CeeDee's highlights and seeing all these late throws that would've been even bigger plays with a better QB

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Some players run faster in-game than the 40. I remember TO was a 4.5 or close to a 4.5? He used to be one of Romo's deep threat's, and this was late in his career. The same goes for AB, which almost ran a 4.5 So I'm not worried. It's probably the reason why he dropped to 17? Fine by me.
Who is AB?