Twitter: Baldy is Impressed with Cee Dee Lamb

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Michael Irvin said no sub 4.4 WRs are in HOF. I think he has a point.

Irvin
Rice
Stallworth
TO

Many many of the all-time greats didn't have great 40 times (not putting Cee Dee in their category...yet...;) but he has the makings of a great pro).
The faster you are the harder it is to raise your skill to match speed.
There will be sub 4.4 WR in the HOF with Moss and Calvin but the point remains speed is by far the most overrated trait at WR.

Hands> Route-running> Size> Quickness all matter more.

DeSean Jackson types simply aren't going to the HOF.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Michael Irvin said no sub 4.4 WRs are in HOF. I think he has a point.

Irvin
Rice
Stallworth
TO

Many many of the all-time greats didn't have great 40 times (not putting Cee Dee in their category...yet...;) but he has the makings of a great pro).
Randy Moss...

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
LEt me get this straight.... People here in this forums, are worried about CeeDee's speed? At least we arent freaking out about his jersey #, or maybe we are, I just havent gotten that far yet.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
Hands> Route-running> Size> Quickness all matter more.

^^^^THIS!^^^^ First off CeeDee's speed is Nothing to worry about, dude is fast. But like jterrell said.... Hands.. Route running....are what is important. Cooper aint slow, but he aint a burner either and theres always separation.
Im still shocked people are saying CeeDee is slow.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This isn't just a Baldy take BTW.
Virtually anyone who has played football and breaks down film has the same takes.
The after catch play-making is elite and there really arent any holes in his game.
He attacks the ball.
Some of those Hurts throws were pretty bad but he went and got those ducks then made plays after he caught them.

You can knock his offense and not playing much 2 or even 3 WR set stuff but that's really it.
A lot of his offense won't work as well in the pros.
But his traits more than work.
You can talk about a 4.50 not being super fast but he scored 33 TDs, averaged 21 yards per catch and had elite play speed.
He's fast.