Twitter: Barry Church has high ankle sprain

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones and Wilcox at safety and activate Patmon for the extra DB.

They've been playing quite a few snaps with both Safeties (Wilcox, Church) and Jones all on the field together. They actually used Heath on a few snaps against the Giants when Church was out. Last season they actually replaced Church on a few occasions with Heath in obviously passing situations.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now it makes sense why Stephen Jones was talking up Jeff Heath out of the blue.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think that he will be missed in the box this week.

I agree. Church has problems tackling in space at times but he is a lot more stout in the run game than any other safety on the roster. With a physical interior run team coming in, that could present some issues. McClain needs to step up big in the middle this week as well.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This is starting to be my attitude when it comes to injuries on this team this year..................

giphy.gif

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Byron Jones at SS? Bought to find out if he can tackle once and for all...

robjay04

Reaction score
Just crazy that literally all the team leaders are injured or have been injured besides....Witten and Lee?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Heath will probably replace Church, Jones will be covering Graham one on one all game. This was put out there earlier in the week. Jones has been covering the TE, including Gronk a couple of weeks ago.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Hopefully this helps the defense. We're completely healthy in the front 7. We finally got all our DLmen back and we got RoMc back. Our weakness this year was probably lack of a true FS in the secondary. Well, now we'll get to see Jones in that spot. Hopefully he plays well enough that Church doesn't get his job back. Sometimes it takes an injury to open a door for a better player. Too bad it has to come to that but the coaches don't make changes unless they have to. Not to mention, had Scandrick not gotten hurt, Claiborne wouldn't have been named starter and DBs like Jones and White may not have gotten snaps. The coaches are reluctant to move on from guys like Carr and Church even though they're liabilities.

31smackdown

Reaction score
White on Graham may work as well, in place of Jones. The only thing I worry about Patmon is getting beat deep by the Seattle receivers. He's shorter, fiesty and quick, but not really fast enough to keep up with Lockette and Richardson. Whoever is playing safety needs to play over the top of those two receivers wherever they go. Seattle cannot move the ball through the air without the big throws. Wilcox as a rover makes sense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This has been going on all week and its now just news? I read this like on Monday. The only thing that frightens me is.................wait for it............Jeff Heath! :eek:

You said a bad language word.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
White on Graham may work as well, in place of Jones. The only thing I worry about Patmon is getting beat deep by the Seattle receivers. He's shorter, fiesty and quick, but not really fast enough to keep up with Lockette and Richardson. Whoever is playing safety needs to play over the top of those two receivers wherever they go. Seattle cannot move the ball through the air without the big throws. Wilcox as a rover makes sense.

Yep. We have to shut down the big throws and make them beat us with the run. Wilson isn't the type to QB to dissect the defense on a bunch of short throws. He's a big play guy. A 20 yard scramble here, a 40 yard pass there.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Church and Wilcox are kind of the same guy. But this hurts in nickel and dime.

I dont understand how you mean this.

Wilcox really imporved his play this year (which does not mean that he is good). Church just flat out sucks.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Barry Church has been awful, especially in key situations, Saints game ,Patriots game. he had his time to shine and he completely screwed it up. this guy has had his ankles broken by some slow qbs. I use to back this guy but after seeing what he has done this season, he needs to be replaced. Thank god for us drafting Jones.