Video: Barry Church thought Parsons looked gassed throughout drills

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/player-s-lounge-first-impressions

Barry Church thought Parsons looked gassed throughout the drills. Israel Mukuamu was the standout stud of the day with speed, fluid hip transitions, and football awareness.Tyler Coyle also looked great; I am not familiar with him but I am glad an UDFA came out to shine. Church also thinks the CowBoys should bring back Jeff “the GOAT” Heath. Heath's football IQ can help bring the rookies along.

Pencil in Israel Mukuamu as the starting FS. He is ready to earn the star. Parsons will be ready as well, I think this lacklustre camp will jumpstart his training to be in football shape when the real training camp arrives. The rookies have a head-start with DQ over the veterans. This is going to be an interesting summer.

Go Dallas!!!
:clap:

Bringing Heath back would be worth it just for the CZ threads alone. :muttley:

Creeper

Reaction score

Barry Church thought Parsons looked gassed throughout the drills. Israel Mukuamu was the standout stud of the day with speed, fluid hip transitions, and football awareness.Tyler Coyle also looked great; I am not familiar with him but I am glad an UDFA came out to shine. Church also thinks the CowBoys should bring back Jeff “the GOAT” Heath. Heath's football IQ can help bring the rookies along.

Pencil in Israel Mukuamu as the starting FS. He is ready to earn the star. Parsons will be ready as well, I think this lacklustre camp will jumpstart his training to be in football shape when the real training camp arrives. The rookies have a head-start with DQ over the veterans. This is going to be an interesting summer.

Go Dallas!!!

It is very good to hear Church's assessment of Mukuamu, a 6th round pick. The Cowboys need to hit on some of the late round guys. The dig on Coyle is that he lacks football instincts. He is a tremendous athlete, with speed, and quickness. We will have to see him in game situations.

It is hard not to be disappointed if Parsons was that out of shape. Sure, he hasn't played in a year, but top players often take great care of their bodies. They are always in shape. Some guys with great physical ability rely only on their god-given talent and do not work as hard as they should. I would hope a 1st round, #12 pick, would be the motivated guy who runs up mountains in the offseason. But I am not going to declare Parsons a bust based on 1 day of practice. If he shows up to training camp in July out of shape, then I will be very concerned.

Creeper

Reaction score
One other thing, if Parsons is not starting for Dallas in September, then the criticism of the Cowboys draft will commence in full force. A 6-10 defense drfafting at 10 (then 12) should have no problem finding a starter.

Carson

Reaction score
One other thing, if Parsons is not starting for Dallas in September, then the criticism of the Cowboys draft will commence in full force. A 6-10 defense drfafting at 10 (then 12) should have no problem finding a starter.
He’s starting at MLB

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I watched some of the podcast (they need Mccray back) but Barry's Chido/Joseph comparison was a reach. Chido size wasnt the issue playing on the outside, he just wasn't that good as far as instincts. We'll swe what Joseph is about

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Go Dallas!!!

He didn't play last year. No substitute for that level of conditioning. He'll be fine

Dre11

Reaction score

Go Dallas!!!
yes being out a year will do that, he'll be in shape.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nobody had a clue who he was until he was drafted. Now: "well, he has a star on so he will be an instant success."

Actually, I remember reading comments mentioning him when talking about his teammate Jaycee Horn. There was some interest shown in him. I can't say it was by me because I knew little about him, but I don't follow college football so I have to do a lot of research on prospects and don't get to a lot of them.