Twitter: Bart Scott on ESPN this morning: Micah is not a leader

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hard to disagree with most of what Scott said. Parsons needs to stop talking and start showing up in the playoffs if we even make the playoffs next season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't like Bart cause he has been spot-on about their man crush Prestrash for years now.
Micah is almost the defense version of Prestrash as he excels against weaker offenses and disappears in big games.
He will also be grossly overpaid like yours truly.

Proof

Reaction score
Agree Micah is not a leader. Being sensitive is not the reason, it’s his reactions to being sensitive such as not being accountable when crap is not going well. Or griping about the refs when not getting sacks.

No one likes being criticized and most people are sensitive. It’s what you do when you are criticized. Do you step up and accept the responsibility, or bathe in excuses.

The difference between how Sean Lee or Witten used to act after losses vs Micah is embarrassingly different. Zach Martin is the closest thing to a leader this team has.
interesting choices

HungryLion

Reaction score
1. Micah is still young. People forget that.

2. Micah is a way better player than Bart Scott ever was. I couldn’t care less that Bart Scott says.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
1. Micah is still young. People forget that.
I agree. He's super young and he's the best pure pass rusher in the league.

The problem is that even for 25 years old he seems immature. You get the sense that he wants to be the leader of this defense if not the team, but he has no idea what that actually means. This is the second year in a row he is advocating for the players he wants Jerry to get. Last year he talked about wanting Mazi, this year he says he talked to Jerry about the type of DT & LB he wants. He also goes on his podcast and talks with Lamb about wanting more accountability with this team. It seems to me that Micah wants to be involved in the fun aspects of leadership, but isn't involved in the harder pieces.

I'm hopeful it gets better and he starts to mature and understand what it means to be a leader, I have a sense that is one of Zimmers top goals. Once that happens sky is the limit, but until that happens it's going to be rough. Its tough in general to be the best player on a unit and have someone else be that person to step up and lead.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

The problem is that even for 25 years old he seems immature. You get the sense that he wants to be the leader of this defense if not the team, but he has no idea what that actually means. This is the second year in a row he is advocating for the players he wants Jerry to get. Last year he talked about wanting Mazi, this year he says he talked to Jerry about the type of DT & LB he wants. He also goes on his podcast and talks with Lamb about wanting more accountability with this team. It seems to me that Micah wants to be involved in the fun aspects of leadership, but isn't involved in the harder pieces.

I'm hopeful it gets better and he starts to mature and understand what it means to be a leader, I have a sense that is one of Zimmers top goals. Once that happens sky is the limit, but until that happens it's going to be rough. Its tough in general to be the best player on a unit and have someone else be that person to step up and lead.
That's debatable....

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That's debatable....
Find me another player who racks up double digit sack numbers every year while having the double team and pressure rates Micah has. I'll get on him all the time about his shortcoming in terms of being a leader of this team and him being a liability in the run game, but I wouldnt take anyone else in a 3rd and 10 situation.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think Scott is definitely a Cowboy hater, but don't shoot the messenger on this one. I've said before MP is too thin skinned and becomes defensive and it hurts his feelings to have anyone critique him, including fans on twitter. He is known to jump in and respond to fans/haters so i can imagine opponents on the field able to get in his head too. Personally, i also feel he plays too selfishly and is only out to up his stats and doesn't really lead. You don't see him talking to teammates on the filed or even on the bench. Great player, but once you neutralize him, he checks himself out. Sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings here, but it is the harsh truth. Having said all that, Jerry will still pay him that big contract he is looking for because that's Jerry....needs to have a couple of shiny objects on the team to sell them to us year after year.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I agree maturity is an issue and he needs to learn more about being a leader. I just don’t think it’s fair for Scott to criticize a young 3rd year player for not being a prototypical leader yet. Not a lot of 3rd year players are.

I think Zimmer had the chance to be a positive influence on Micah. Zimmer is a no nonsense type of guy which may benefit him a lot.