Twitter: Bart Scott on ESPN this morning: Micah is not a leader

75boyz

Reaction score
i do not think this team have 1 single good leader

player or coach

a good leader would not let the entire team not show up for a playoff game

i say it again….they did not show up at all for a home playoff game i do not want to hear any thing about how great of a leader dak or mccarthy or any one is because that is a joke
Pretty much.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He does? He has said many times he was going to get better then didn't. Remember signing day on his current contract when he said now was the time for a super bowl? Yep, still waiting for that too. But hey, this year they were too tired to show up for their wildcard game.
Dak did do better. Much better in 2023 compared to 2022. What have you been watching? As for the playoff game, you only have those 2 INTs to go by, yet Kurt Warner explained why those 2 INTs happened. Sure, Dak had a few other mistakes, but considering he had absolutely no run game whatsoever for the 3rd playoffs in a row, and only 1 legit WR (which the Packers took away), Dak did as best as expected considering he was under pressure half the time and sacked 4 times compared to 0 on Packers QB Jordan Love.

Dak most definitely was not the reason for playoff loss. Give him a better Oline, another WR weapon to help take heat off of CeeDee, some kind of a rushing attack, plus much better receiving route designs, you will see Dak shine during the playoffs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any signs of him being a leader.

When I think LEADERSHIP I think Prescott.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
(In bold ^^^): What are you talking about? Dak might not berate his offensive players (if that is what you're looking for), but Dak definitely leads by example and pumps up his fellow offensive players all the time whether on a drive winning drive on the field, in the huddle or on the sidelines. Dak not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.
Yes he does. Every season he talks big, "I'm in the best shape of my life", "I"m a big mutha...", yada yada yada...then he walks to the tunnel after losing to a freaking kid on a 7th seed team. (if that is what you are looking for).

tomokawan

Reaction score
Bart Scott is an idiot Cowboy hater. When he talked about his Jets team's leadership, I laughed, they did not win squat.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
, but Dak definitely leads by example and pumps up his fellow offensive players all the time whether on a drive winning drive on the field, in the huddle or on the sidelines. Dak not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.
You think that defines a leader?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes he does. Every season he talks big, "I'm in the best shape of my life", "I"m a big mutha...", yada yada yada...then he walks to the tunnel after losing to a freaking kid on a 7th seed team. (if that is what you are looking for).
Oh, so Dak plays defense and gave up 6 scoring TD drives to the Packers?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Oh, so Dak plays defense and gave up 6 scoring TD drives to the Packers?
No sure, let me ask Kurt Warner and I'll get back to you.

By the way, did the defense give the Packers 14 points right out the gate leaving the defense on the field, again!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every Cowboys player says so.

What's your opinion of a leader? You know more than the players themselves?
Well....i asked you first.
I think theres a lot that goes into being a leader. Showing up for work everyday and butt slap cheer leading a tiny part of it.
Getting people more educated and performing better than they thought is a good start. Respectfully challenging them.
I know theres a lot we dont see. I also know that sometimes people have to say what they think they want others to hear.

If dak really is a great leader, hed have himself and the team ready for big games. (Yes....of course along WITH coaches and management). A good leader should also lead to....somewhere.

Funny thing....you were talking earlier about daks playing better in 2023 and i very much (mostly!) agree.

CWR

Reaction score
I am loving this offseason. Time to call out all of these frauds.

The fact you pick the biggest ****** bag in the media to illustrate this point kind of ruins the entire argument.

Sorry man, once you laugh at players being injured your takes aren't worth my time.

Edit: my bad I had no idea d bag is now officially a curse word. Lol ok guys.

CWR

Reaction score
Well....i asked you first.
I think theres a lot that goes into being a leader. Showing up for work everyday and butt slap cheer leading a tiny part of it.
Getting people more educated and performing better than they thought is a good start. Respectfully challenging them.
I know theres a lot we dont see. I also know that sometimes people have to say what they think they want others to hear.

If dak really is a great leader, hed have himself and the team ready for big games. (Yes....of course along WITH coaches and management). A good leader should also lead to....somewhere.

Funny thing....you were talking earlier about daks playing better in 2023 and i very much (mostly!) agree.
Bs. You can be a good leader and still fail. I'm not saying he is a great leader. Personally I believe he has some great leadership qualities, HOWEVER great leaders hold people accountable. I dont think that is part of Daks game. He's well liked by all. A guy like Brady or Aikman had their fair share of enemies because they weren't afraid to call people out.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The fact you pick the biggest ****** bag in the media to illustrate this point kind of ruins the entire argument.

Sorry man, once you laugh at players being injured your takes aren't worth my time.

Edit: my bad I had no idea d bag is now officially a curse word. Lol ok guys.
I did not listen to that, what did they say about an injury? That's the first I've heard anything like that?

Reactions: CWR

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(In bold ^^^): What are you talking about? Dak might not berate his offensive players (if that is what you're looking for), but Dak definitely leads by example and pumps up his fellow offensive players all the time whether on a drive winning drive on the field, in the huddle or on the sidelines. Dak not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.
:muttley:This is the only walk he walks.............Now go get him a 4-13 team so he can be great again!
7EVO.gif

Is he still in hiding??????????????

ATXSRT

Reaction score
We've not had a leader on this defense in 3+ decades. When Parsons came in DLaw just took a step back. Ware was never the hoorah type vocal leader either. We have never had that IN YOUR FACE vocal type leader who sets the tone on and off the field since the mid 90s. I wish Parsons would step up and make his teammates more accountable and get in people's faces but I just don't think he has the personality type for it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
He made fun of Diggs getting injured on live tv. Lots of players and media people called him out.
Thanks...yeah, that is not cool at all! I can dislike a lot of players, Dak included, but I would never wish injury on him or any other player, even on opposing teams, it's just not the right thing to do.