Based on all we know, would Dak be a first round pick

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He'd be 1st round for sure. Hell based on 2016.....he's one of the best players in that draft. I'd have to think he or Ramsey would go 1st?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So why are you here? To *@#$ on everyone else's opinions or the thread starter's efforts to attempt to provide discussion and civil conversation? :huh:
I'm not really sure why people are making this thread harder than what it is. I don't know if its their lack of comprehension skills or their inability to think outside of the box.......

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why people are making this thread harder than what it is. I don't know if its their lack of comprehension skills or their inability to think outside of the box.......

Some people like to be ornery because, well, they're just ornery people.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, a hindsight answer is dependent upon two factors. One, the three actual clubs that picked quarterbacks in the first round. And two, the fourth franchise, Dallas, who eventually selected Dak Prescott in the fourth round.

Pick 1 - Rams: Traded Jared Goff to the Detroit Lions, which is definitely a vote of no-confidence
Pick 2 - Eagles: Traded Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts, ditto
Pick 26 - Broncos - Child please!

Impression: Prescott would have gone either number 1 or number 2 overall, depending on how intellectually honest either Los Angeles or Philadelphia's front office would now be if questioned who they would have drafted knowing what they know now.

Back in the spring of 2016, Jerry Jones was hoping to land the successor to Tony Romo and used a fourth rounder on Prescott. Jones knows now what he did not know back then, which begs the question: "Would Jones had moved heaven and earth to trade up with either the Rams or Eagles to grab Prescott?

One must also keep in mind that, at that time, he had Romo as his starting franchise quarterback. What would Jones have done knowing what he knows right now?
You have to go a little further back, to the teams that actually held the #1 and #2 picks before trading them to the Rams and Eagles. The Titans traded out because they had just drafted their QB of the future, Mariota. Do they stand pat and take Dak if they know the future? I think they probably do. And what do the Browns do with the #2 pick? Well, they were the Browns, so probably something ridiculous and stupid.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You have to go a little further back, to the teams that actually held the #1 and #2 picks before trading them to the Rams and Eagles. The Titans traded out because they had just drafted their QB of the future, Mariota. Do they stand pat and take Dak if they know the future? I think they probably do. And what do the Browns do with the #2 pick? Well, they were the Browns, so probably something ridiculous and stupid.
:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good points.

nobody

Reaction score
if the draft were held today? High first? Middle first? Lower first? If not first, which round do you think he would go in?
Take into consideration the players who were available at the time he was picked and those available in the first round.

P.S., if you're tired of Dak threads, then simply bypass this one. Exercise your right to ignore or try to have a civil discussion.
Thanks.

Top 5 for sure. Likely 1st pick.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Yes, he would get swept up by the Browns or Jets in a heartbeat.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Are you saying a fantasy draft of the whole league or a re-do of his draft? A re-do of his draft he would be the #1 pick. In a fantasy draft he would be top 10.

Qcard

Reaction score
That makes you a hater - if you did not know already!
Wrong....you don't become a Dak Hater for thinking Prescott is NOT Elite.....You become a Dak Hater if you think he's NOT Elite for asinine "Goal post shift" reasons like "Garbage time Stats"; "Dak Needs a Great Team to win"; "Dak is greedy, doesn't deserve market value QB deal"...

As I am the Progenitor of the "Dak Hate" slogan (FACTS :thumbup:)...............I clearly see many Dak Haters coming to there senses

sunalsorises

Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

what is this from? It is so familiar that I can’t place it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
if the draft were held today? High first? Middle first? Lower first? If not first, which round do you think he would go in?
Take into consideration the players who were available at the time he was picked and those available in the first round.

P.S., if you're tired of Dak threads, then simply bypass this one. Exercise your right to ignore or try to have a civil discussion.
Thanks.
First round for sure, top ten pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Thanks.
Obviously.