Based simply on stats, are these 2 QB's similar?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And 8 less games. The numbers are actually remarkably similar on a per game basis, with a Winston having more interceptions and Dak having (way) more All-Pros.
who are the all pros on Dak's team? who are the all pros on Tampa? in 2019....Dallas had Zack Martin and Tampa had Chris Godwin.

Winston has had chris godwin, mike evans and OJ Howard and since we got Cooper, Dak has been among the top passers in the league....

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
he had more attempts because he has become a better passer and we could rely on him more. in 2016, we relied on of the best OLs in the NFL and Zeke who had 1600 yards rushing vs. 1300 yards in 2019. we leaned on rushing game to win and pulled a few come back wins. in 2019, we passed more but rushed less, relaying more on the passing game to win because Dak was trusted more......

and I find it funny you call the passing yards an outlier, yet so definitively speak about the rating, etc. in 2016 and not dismiss any of those....selecting certain stats to make a case that supports your assumptions
What are you babbling about? You asked if his stats were better and they clearly are not. If you think Dak is better as a player that’s up to you.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, you must have missed that three game stretch in 2017 where Dak was down to (oh no!) 2 All-Pro lineman and had 0 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Funny how Dak looked a lot less "smart" when he had to see how the other half lived.
No mention of 2018 when the OL was average all year though?

And Dak still played well?
:lmao2:

Yeah, you don’t know football.

That’s why you’re getting CLOWNED on here.
That’s why Dak will be making a ton of money to be the Cowboys starter while Jameis is hoping to be a backup somewhere.

ondaedg

Reaction score
The Saints are not loaded on offense more than we are. They have Thomas and Kamara. That's why we can shut them down.

I guess their head coaching/OC advantage didn't fit into the equation? Seems like that should be the #1 factor.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
No mention of 2018 when the OL was average all year though?

And Dak still played well?

Yeah, you don’t know football. That’s why you’re getting CLOWNED on here.
There you are, you always come in at the end crying instead of being on the front lines like you used to. I thought you might have placed me on ignore. I guess you’re taking it hard that Dak got franchised making all of your predictions look stupid (again). Don’t worry troll, it’s going to be ok. You will still get a complimentary bow tie for your shilling.

garyo1954

Reaction score
What ever seems to be saying is it depends on what stats you're looking at.

What about crunch time?

Dak 8 4th Qtr Ccomebacks, 14 GWD
Jameis 7 4th Qtr Comebacks, 11 GWD

Even though Dak has more "quality wins," Jameis has won more "quality wins" with his arm, like the win over New Orleans (they never had a lead until the 4th Qtr) when he led two drives in the last 5:00. Tampa Bay scored the last 11 points to win that game. The winning TD came with 00:09 to play. And he followed it up with a 2 point conversion to Mike Evans.

Hard to say the kid ain't a winner although he does have a tendency to get careless with the ball. Another thing in his favor is even with all the turnovers, he still managed to put up 33 TDs. The negative to that is he put himself in the position to have to throw with his mistakes.

Nav22

Reaction score
There you are, you always come in at the end crying instead of being on the front lines like you used to. I thought you might have placed me on ignore. I guess you’re taking it hard that Dak got franchised making all of your predictions look stupid (again). Don’t worry troll, it’s going to be ok. You will still get a complimentary bow tie for your shilling.
Awwwww did I hurt your feewings??? Your bottom lip’s quivering again. Must be tough being CLOWNED on by the masses like you’re used to by now.

Dak wins, bum. You lose. Because winners win and losers lose.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...t-kyler-murray-browns-fans-happy?platform=amp

“Looked at one way, Prescott has taken the first step toward raking in $200 million or more between 2020 through 2024.”

ondaedg

Reaction score
And then when you put idiots on Ignore, others say "What about free speech? I thought this was America"

In many cases on this forum free speech equals the right to be irrational and downright looney.

Nav22

Reaction score
What ever seems to be saying is it depends on what stats you're looking at.

What about crunch time?

Dak 8 4th Qtr Ccomebacks, 14 GWD
Jameis 7 4th Qtr Comebacks, 11 GWD

Even though Dak has more "quality wins," Jameis has won more "quality wins" with his arm, like the win over New Orleans (they never had a lead until the 4th Qtr) when he led two drives in the last 5:00. Tampa Bay scored the last 11 points to win that game. The winning TD came with 00:09 to play. And he followed it up with a 2 point conversion to Mike Evans.

Hard to say the kid ain't a winner although he does have a tendency to get careless with the ball. Another thing in his favor is even with all the turnovers, he still managed to put up 33 TDs. The negative to that is he put himself in the position to have to throw with his mistakes.
LOL that’s cute.
No, it’s not hard to say that Jameis is not a winner.

Jameis has a 28-42 career record and 4 losing seasons out of 5 career seasons.

He’s an idiot off the field and he’ll soon be a former #1 overall pick holding a clipboard as a backup somewhere.

He’s the epitome of a loser.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Awwwww did I hurt your feewings??? Your bottom lip’s quivering again. Must be tough being CLOWNED on by the masses like you’re used to by now.

Dak wins, bum. You lose. Because winners win and losers lose.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...t-kyler-murray-browns-fans-happy?platform=amp

“Looked at one way, Prescott has taken the first step toward raking in $200 million or more between 2020 through 2024.”
Don’t worry troll, you posting these links to make you feel better about yourself being wrong is totally not obvious. Everybody has been laughing at you for so long, your latest embarrassment doesn’t even move the needle. We’re all just used to you being wrong.

Nav22

Reaction score
Don’t worry troll, you posting these links to make you feel better about yourself being wrong is totally not obvious. Everybody has been laughing at you for so long, your latest embarrassment doesn’t even move the needle. We’re all just used to you being wrong.
Really??? Who’s laughing at me in this thread???

Should we go through the laundry list of posters who are essentially calling you a know-nothing IDIOT in this very thread???

Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Your bottom lip’s quivering, loser. Man up.

Dak wins, you lose. I know it hurts.

garyo1954

Reaction score
LOL that’s cute.
No, it’s not hard to say that Jameis is not a winner.

Jameis has a 28-42 career record and 4 losing seasons out of 5 career seasons.

He’s an idiot off the field and he’ll soon be a former #1 overall pick holding a clipboard as a backup somewhere.

He’s the epitome of a loser.

Here you are, taking something that wasn't said and trying to make it what was said.

NOW THAT'S CUTER!

DFWJC

Reaction score
There aren't many QBs that have a
1) TD% over 5 combined with
2) INT% under 3

Winston has neither

Some that have both and have played 4+ years:
Brady
Brees
Wilson
P Manning
Young
Romo
Rivers
Montana

btw, much easier to do now that 10 years ago and especially much further back.

Nav22

Reaction score
Here you are, taking something that wasn't said and trying to make it what was said.

NOW THAT'S CUTER!
Here’s what you said, verbatim:

“Hard to say the kid ain't a winner”

Keep embarrassing yourself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Where are the similar stats? We've already had a thread on Jamies this week that got shot down in a blaze of shame, so why are we readdressing this stinking dead horse corpse?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Really??? Who’s laughing at me in this thread???

Should we go through the laundry list of posters who are essentially calling you a know-nothing IDIOT in this very thread???

Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Your bottom lip’s quivering, loser. Man up.

Dak wins, you lose. I know it hurts.
Everyone is laughing at you, troll. Just because you're deluded to that fact doesn't change it. You're the laughingstock of the board for going on years now. You're literally wrong about everything. Don't worry troll, close your eyes and take another swig. It'll all be over soon enough.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Here’s what you said, verbatim:

“Hard to say the kid ain't a winner”

Keep embarrassing yourself.

I did say that*. And the point was he beats teams with his ARM. Guess who don't?
I'll let you do the stats. They've been posted them enough you should know them by heart.

*I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you think I said.

Nav22

Reaction score
Everyone is laughing at you, troll. Just because you're deluded to that fact doesn't change it. You're the laughingstock of the board for going on years now. You're literally wrong about everything. Don't worry troll, close your eyes and take another swig. It'll all be over soon enough.
“HEY, STOP IT!!! They’re all laughing at YOU, not ME!!! *bottom lip trembling, eyes welling up*”

Thanks for the laughs, Human Joke!!!

Dak wins. You lose. Because winners win and losers lose.

Losers also defend other losers... you know, like a 6th-year QB who’s about to be a backup after racking up a disgusting 28-42 record over his first 5 years?????