Based simply on stats, are these 2 QB's similar?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
so his stats in 2019 are not better than 2016?
The only meaningful stat that increased was his yards per attempt, from 8 to 8.2. His touchdown rate actually stayed exactly the same, he just had more attempts in 2019.
Everything else was better across the board in 2016... QB rating, QBR, completion percentage, passes intercepted percentage... his rushing numbers were also better. Even the aforementioned yards per attempt, while higher in 2019, was actually lower relative to the rest of the league in 2016... his 8.0 ranked 4th in the league in 2016 but his 8.2 was only good for 5th last year.
I'm sure you will cite his passing yards but that was just an outlier based on game situations, pretty much every QB in the history of the NFL who has approached 5000 yards in a season has instantly regressed the next season. It's just a stat of opportunity, not quality.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And 8 less games. The numbers are actually remarkably similar on a per game basis, with a Winston having more interceptions and Dak having (way) more All-Pros.
Lmao, you will literally say anything....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Going simply on stats, would you say these 2 QB's are very similar based on their first 4 years in the league:

QB #1

1,922 attempts 1,183 completions 62% Comp % 14,628 Yards 88 TD's 58 Int's 189 rushes 794 Yards 9 TD's

QB #2

2,071 Attempts 1,363 Completions 65.8% Comp. % 15,778 Yards 97 TD's 36 Int's 241 rushes 1,221 yards 21 TD's

In my opinion solely looking at stats (keeping in mind QB #1 had a very bad 5th year and those stats aren't factored into this) these 2 QB's stats are very similar.

QB #1 is about to be released and QB #2 is looking for $35+M/year in a new contract.

QB #1 is Jameis Winston

QB #2 is Dak Prescott

These stats are not similar at all.

HanD

Reaction score
Dak has not improved, if we are being objective his rookie year still remains his best year. And your deflection is a joke, having Mike Evans alone does not offset having an offensive line stocked with future HOFers and one of the best RBs in the league. I'll say it again since you struggle with reading: Only a Dak slobberer would act like there is any kind of comparison between the rosters. Dak had a stacked offense on Day one. Winston was a number one pick who went straight to the worst team in the league. If Dak was drafted by Tampa Bay he would be in the XFL right now.
So explain his last season. He had a great team and had one of his worst seasons.

HanD

Reaction score
I can never tell if people are trolling here or not because the collective IQ here is so low, but Dak literally threw for 4,900 yards and 30 TD : 11 INT this past season.

Also 30 interceptions in one season is absolutely insane, it's not just a bit of trivia you can hand-wave. Winston has thrown 52 more interceptions than Dak in only 8 more starts.

In 2019, Winston literally SET THE PICK SIX RECORD.

Don't try, he's a jamesis slobberer

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I do think Winston is the more gifted passer
But those nasty turnovers.
That is why he's looking for a job
Leads all QBs by a mile in total turnovers during his career.

Based on 2019 are you saying Winston is the more gifted passer to the other team?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I will take #2 every single time. Higher completion percentage, almost half as many interceptions and more mobile.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Lol it's impossible when on picks and chooses for each argument instead of looking at the totality
No, it's impossible for you to understand because of your limited knowledge. Anyone who thinks the Bucaneers have a "great" team should be tested for drugs.

Dreski

Reaction score

I’ll say, a COUPLE of these passes were tipped or he was pressured but a majority of these interceptions, he’s throwing right to the defender, or into double coverage :laugh::laugh::laugh: you can’t blame your receivers or o line for that

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak has not improved, if we are being objective his rookie year still remains his best year. And your deflection is a joke, having Mike Evans alone does not offset having an offensive line stocked with future HOFers and one of the best RBs in the league. I'll say it again since you struggle with reading: Only a Dak slobberer would act like there is any kind of comparison between the rosters. Dak had a stacked offense on Day one. Winston was a number one pick who went straight to the worst team in the league. If Dak was drafted by Tampa Bay he would be in the XFL right now.

Ya 30 picks last season, that's throwing the ball to the other team and you want argue that Winston didn't have the same talent surrounding him. He could have the best line, receivers and RB but he throws to the other team. He was sorta like Neil O'Donnell throwing 2 picks right to Larry Brown like Brown was the receiver in Super Bowl XXX.

HanD

Reaction score

I’ll say, a COUPLE of these passes were tipped or he was pressured but a majority of these interceptions, he’s throwing right to the defender, or into double coverage :laugh::laugh::laugh: you can’t blame your receivers or o line for that

Don't tell kazuya what he can and can't do! :angry:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Under normal circumstances it would appear Dak lokks like the better QB. But Winston had garbage at RB but very good WRs. Winston makes too many mistakes but is a better arm talent. He put up 24 points on the Saints where Dak has only managed 23 but in two games total