RELEASED Basham to IR, Ridgeway waived

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If someone picks him up it will be because they loved him in college. He was atrocious in preseason and didn't show a thing. If you didn't know who he was, you'd think he was cheap camp fodder from a local school.

Still would like all those media people to explain how they kept pumping him up when it was clear to anyone paying any attention to camp that it was 1. Bohanna 2. Watkins 3. Ridgeway in the 1T pecking order.

No one is going to pick him up. They would like us to think they will so we keep him on our roster, which makes it easier for them.

It was the first time anyone had paid more than $100 million for a football team, and he paid $140 million. I don't know if your fandom figures are accurate, but it doesn't seem likely, considering they were losing that much money every month.

He had the main parts of the story right.

Reactions: BAT

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I argued over and over with @CowboyRoy how Connor Williams would have been much better if used at Center. Roy argued I was wrong about Connor Williams. Many others said the same.

After this past Sunday's performance, Father Time once again proves who was right.

We're all right and wrong, sometimes. But CowboyRoy clings pretty hard to mirages, like Pollard being so much better than a healthy Zeke.

People get down on Zeke. But he has to run in to eight man boxes.. so any back is going to decline there. But if you have to run a back into an eight man box, there's not many better than Zeke.

I won't be surprised if pass pro from the back becomes such a problem that they have to call up Quadree Ollison. Teams are scheming so that our backs need to pick up the blocks. So, Zeke truly is more important than people realize, because that's what he's good at. He's like the Noah Brown of RBs.

I'm not dissing on Pollard. I know what he can do. But I want to see him get the ball either at the very beginning of the game.. Or just wait for him to come in during the 2nd half some time, depending on where you're at in the game.

They need to give the ball to Zeke right now, make that half of their plays. And the other hafl passes. Like the old days. Sprinkle in Pollard 10 -12 carries a game.

It's been a great formula in the past if you can mix it up with a dynamic enough passing game, which they have to do somehow.

We kept Zeke fresh last game.

Let's allow him to take over the Bengals game. He can do it.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We're all right and wrong, sometimes. But CowboyRoy clings pretty hard to mirages, like Pollard being so much better than a healthy Zeke.

People get down on Zeke. But he has to run in to eight man boxes.. so any back is going to decline there. But if you have to run a back into an eight man box, there's not many better than Zeke.

I won't be surprised if pass pro from the back becomes such a problem that they have to call up Quadree Ollison. Teams are scheming so that our backs need to pick up the blocks. So, Zeke truly is more important than people realize, because that's what he's good at. He's like the Noah Brown of RBs.

I'm not dissing on Pollard. I know what he can do. But I want to see him get the ball either at the very beginning of the game.. Or just wait for him to come in during the 2nd half some time, depending on where you're at in the game.

They need to give the ball to Zeke right now, make that half of their plays. And the other hafl passes. Like the old days. Sprinkle in Pollard 10 -12 carries a game.

It's been a great formula in the past if you can mix it up with a dynamic enough passing game, which they have to do somehow.
Right on, bro. Totally agree.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I think they went bpa in rounds 1-2, but all the picks filled needs. My gripe is when they draft players then don’t develop them. Especially on the OL and DL, those guys need a year or two to bulk up.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The tweet states that they hope to re-sign him to the p-squad if he clears waivers.
These moves indicate they plan to activate other practice squad players for the 2 game day ps positions allowed.

Maybe Peters?

Last week Maher and Cooper Rush were the 2 game day active ps players.

They probably want a ps Safety this week due to the Kearse injury and Muk also being injured a few weeks ago.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's their own fault. They should have drafted a good DT in the second round and got that DE in the 3rd. He would have been there. Some say he would have been there in the 4th.
You must have missed the preseason. Sam Williams is a physical beast. He needs a little time like most rookies to acclimate to the NFL but it's just a matter of time before he is the best DE on the roster (Parsons is still a LB at this point).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These moves indicate they plan to activate other practice squad players for the 2 game day ps positions allowed.

Maybe Peters?

Last week Maher and Cooper Rush were the 2 game day active ps players.

They probably want a ps Safety this week due to the Kearse injury and Muk also being injured a few weeks ago.
Ya get the feeling they're gonna try to get too cute with these practice squad maneuvers?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Nobody drafts for BPA anymore. teams usually have 3-5 key position needs and they may draft BPA within those needs, but nobody is just drafting BPA straight up. Really doesn't make sense to use that terminology anymore.

If we would have went strictly with BPA on our board we would have Cine at safety and no Tyler Smith, maybe no Linderbaum. I can't remember.

So, sometimes, the BPA is your evaluation, not your board. And in this case, I think it was and they happened to fill a position.

Then, Jerry, with the whole media thing was just Jerry kind of giving everyone the middle finger.

In this particular draft, I think they kind of wrote off getting a QB because there weren't really many they liked.

I'm not sure how Cine played, but I think they made the right call on Tyler Smith regardless of how they portrayed the BPA stuff. In fact, I hope they were just kind of wagging the dog there, so-to-speak. But I'm probably giving them too much credit after they just got lucky on the player.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You must have missed the preseason. Sam Williams is a physical beast. He needs a little time like most rookies to acclimate to the NFL but it's just a matter of time before he is the best DE on the roster (Parsons is still a LB at this point).

I think Sam Williams will turn it on, too. He'll eventually be in there in passing situations with Parsons. Having them both on the field is ideal.

We'll see if he can do it his rookie year. I think so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I argued over and over with @CowboyRoy how Connor Williams would have been much better if used at Center. Roy argued I was wrong about Connor Williams. Many others said the same.

After this past Sunday's performance, Father Time once again proves who was right.

Buddy, you never argued that with me. You argued that Connor Williams would beat out Biadasz for the starting center job. You lost the bet.

You also bet we would resign Connor. I laughed in your face and told you he was gone. You lost again.

I could care less what Connor Williams does on another team.

Flamma

Reaction score
How do you know Sam Williams would’ve been there? If you like the guy you don’t wait on him.

I'm going by what I heard and his draft number. Several people I respect had him as a 3rd round pick. Graded our 2nd round pick as a D, not because he was bad, but because they thought he was a later round pick.

There's an art to the draft. You don't pick a guy you can get in the 3rd round sooner just because you like him. That's stupid. Every board had him at 3rd round or 4th round.