Baun, Murray or Chaisson

Cwby41

Reaction score
For the guys that know these players who would you take at 17? I hear Chaisson first and a lot on Murray but what about Baun? I have never seen any of them play but from what Ive read it seems like Baun is a tackling macine and could be used as a chess piece at LB or DE both needs. What do you think and who would you rather have? Thanks for the input

Cwby41

Reaction score
What kind of player do you believe Chaisson will become? Is he solid against the run or purely a pass rusher?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Chiasson. Ascending young highly athletic pass rusher with major upside and lauded for high character. Followed by Baun then Murray. Not a fan of taking an off the ball LB this early, unless he's can't miss.

aria

Reaction score
Which one is most prone to injury and smokes weed, that's our guy.
Actually, I could be wrong here but I’m pretty sure it was Baun who notified all 32 teams that he had and/or failed a urine test at the combine due to a diluted urine test. He said he had been drinking too much water. Believable enough I guess and not sure whether it will effect his position in the draft but based on that alone, he should be our guy.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Don't the users here ever get tired of picking between Moe, Curly or Larry. I know we can decide between the the roadrunner or the coyote.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I just don’t want a cornerback we did that 3/4 times recently we never are happy with the pick. Terence Newman ,mik Jenkins, clairenorne, Byron Jones.

we’re always pumped up about draft a stud front 7 player, trade next years first for Derrick brown and watch you never regret it for a decade

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think I would be disappointed if they took a LB over Chaisson.

If it is to hedge against LVE, it is still stupid. Chaisson can contribute more right away. They can get a LB like Mailk Harrison in the 2nd round.
How about Simmons should he fall there, he can play S CB LB or I bet you can turn him into a top DE..Dudes going to be gone by 17 but man what an athlete..

TwentyOne

Reaction score
For the guys that know these players who would you take at 17? I hear Chaisson first and a lot on Murray but what about Baun? I have never seen any of them play but from what Ive read it seems like Baun is a tackling macine and could be used as a chess piece at LB or DE both needs. What do you think and who would you rather have? Thanks for the input

Didnt look into Baun. Have to watch some games.

Chaisson is not good. I would not pick him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
How about Simmons should he fall there, he can play S CB LB or I bet you can turn him into a top DE..Dudes going to be gone by 17 but man what an athlete..

Not even worth discussing as he won’t get that far. I would take Chaisson but would explore trade down opportunities.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Murray is actually the best football player of the three.

He's got great size and runs a 4.52 40. Great tackler, can rush the QB and he's an extremely high character person and a leader. He wowed at the combine and he is winning everyone over in interviews.

I would want to take Chaisson because I think it's a bigger need. Baun isn't even in the conversation.

But the idea of an LVE-Jaylon-Murray young, athletic, dominating LB corps is actually pretty exciting.

And if we do move to a 3-4 defense, this is actually a front seven that is pretty great:

Lawrence-Poe-McCoy
LVE-Lee-Murray-Jaylon

blueblood70

Reaction score
Chaisson appears to be a randy Gregory type lots of talent and upside but RAW..take the weed out of the equation , if we got a Gregory type that can get 8-10 sacks in 16 games is Chaisson worth it..hes raw but tons of upside..im torn on at 17 do we take his upside over something better..

I dont like a LB at 17 though im out on that..