Baun, Murray or Chaisson

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Chaisson first def then Murray then Baun. But it’s far apart from chaisson to rest

cowboygo

Reaction score
For the guys that know these players who would you take at 17? I hear Chaisson first and a lot on Murray but what about Baun? I have never seen any of them play but from what Ive read it seems like Baun is a tackling macine and could be used as a chess piece at LB or DE both needs. What do you think and who would you rather have? Thanks for the input
Chaisson has highest ceiling but lowest floor. Baun & Murray are ready to play today, but I would puke if we went with a LB like Murray. We have both Jaylon and LVE. I know there are question marks on them, but we should wait one more year with new DTs. An edge LB is what this team needs.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I believe I'd have to go with Chaisson. I think we still need a DE, regardless what happens with Smith or Gregory.

CCBoy

Reaction score
How about Simmons should he fall there, he can play S CB LB or I bet you can turn him into a top DE..Dudes going to be gone by 17 but man what an athlete..
Simmons would work in packages and seems somewhat like Woodson.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Your first round draft pick is suppose to be a starter IMO. So where do we need a new starter? Center, defensive end, and cornerback... would be my guess. Because we lost B.Jones, R.Quinn, and T.Frederick. So Chaisson would be the logical choice of the three. But I'd rather a big body athletic DE like A.J. Epenesa.

1) A.J. Epenesa --DE
2) Tyler Biadasz---C/G
3) Micheal Ojemudia--CB
4) Kalija Lipscomb--WR
5) Raequan Williams--DT
5) Jordan Fuller--SS
7) Cole McDonald--QB

Sydla

Reaction score
In case people don't know this, Baun tested positive for PEDs apparently with a diluted sample.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your first round draft pick is suppose to be a starter IMO. So where do we need a new starter? Center, defensive end, and cornerback... would be my guess. Because we lost B.Jones, R.Quinn, and T.Frederick. So Chaisson would be the logical choice of the three. But I'd rather a big body athletic DE like A.J. Epenesa.

1) A.J. Epenesa --DE
2) Tyler Biadasz---C/G
3) Micheal Ojemudia--CB
4) Kalija Lipscomb--WR
5) Raequan Williams--DT
5) Jordan Fuller--SS
7) Cole McDonald--QB

Espenesa isn’t athletic.

He’s got good size but he’s just an effort guy.

To me his best position looks like a 3/4 defensive end..

Maybe he’s the next Crawford but better.

I don’t see that as being worthy of our first pick.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Actually, I could be wrong here but I’m pretty sure it was Baun who notified all 32 teams that he had and/or failed a urine test at the combine due to a diluted urine test. He said he had been drinking too much water. Believable enough I guess and not sure whether it will effect his position in the draft but based on that alone, he should be our guy.
That is correct.

Sydla

Reaction score

1) A.J. Epenesa --DE
2) Tyler Biadasz---C/G
3) Micheal Ojemudia--CB
4) Kalija Lipscomb--WR
5) Raequan Williams--DT
5) Jordan Fuller--SS
7) Cole McDonald--QB

Epenesa is not what I would call an athletic DE. He seems like a future SDE or even inside player.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Espenesa isn’t athletic.

He’s got good size but he’s just an effort guy.

To me his best position looks like a 3/4 defensive end..

Maybe he’s the next Crawford but better.

I don’t see that as being worthy of our first pick.
Opinions Vary.
Epenesa is not what I would call an athletic DE. He seems like a future SDE or even inside player.
I see him as a left defensive end, moving DLaw to the right end.

Just my opinion though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
For the guys that know these players who would you take at 17? I hear Chaisson first and a lot on Murray but what about Baun? I have never seen any of them play but from what Ive read it seems like Baun is a tackling macine and could be used as a chess piece at LB or DE both needs. What do you think and who would you rather have? Thanks for the input
At 17, Chaisson
Baun or Murray in a trade down to various degrees. So you'd get an extra very late 2nd or mid 3rd pick too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Chaisson.
best player on that list.
helluva player.
always in the backfield makin' plays.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Murray is actually the best football player of the three.

He's got great size and runs a 4.52 40. Great tackler, can rush the QB and he's an extremely high character person and a leader. He wowed at the combine and he is winning everyone over in interviews.

I would want to take Chaisson because I think it's a bigger need. Baun isn't even in the conversation.

But the idea of an LVE-Jaylon-Murray young, athletic, dominating LB corps is actually pretty exciting.

And if we do move to a 3-4 defense, this is actually a front seven that is pretty great:

Lawrence-Poe-McCoy
LVE-Lee-Murray-Jaylon

Can’t see Lawrence playing the 5 tech - he needs to rush the passer.

kskboys

Reaction score
Baun? That's a joke, right? Oh, hold on, just what we need, another player w/ a pile of injury issues.

kskboys

Reaction score

He's got great size and runs a 4.52 40. Great tackler, can rush the QB and he's an extremely high character person and a leader. He wowed at the combine and he is winning everyone over in interviews.

I would want to take Chaisson because I think it's a bigger need. Baun isn't even in the conversation.

But the idea of an LVE-Jaylon-Murray young, athletic, dominating LB corps is actually pretty exciting.

And if we do move to a 3-4 defense, this is actually a front seven that is pretty great:

Lawrence-Poe-McCoy
LVE-Lee-Murray-Jaylon
Since he lacks instincts, I'd have to disagree the Murray is the best football player of the 3. Maybe at the college level.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Lawrence-Poe-McCoy
LVE-Lee-Murray-Jaylon
i prefer Chaisson but i am a BIG fan of Murray.
he's gonna be a helluva player in this league for a long,long time.
and your right about that LB trio.
:omg::thumbup::flagwave::bow: