Twitter: Bayless: "Dak Prescott took a shot at Cooper Rush"

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
And this is why I wanted Romo to start in the playoffs in 2016. Pressure from a backup will make the starter better. Romo would have killed it in the playoffs that year, because he's seen what Dak could do. When Dak comes back he'll feel that pressure to be his best, just like Romo would have.

Dak is going to kill it when he comes back. I just wish we could save his best play for the playoffs.

tunahelper

Reaction score

It is not complicated to me. Dak needs to be a bus driver when he gets back. Now Dak can be a better bus driver than Rush, as long as the coaches protect Dak from himself.

What does protecting Dak from himself mean?

Do not assume Dak can carry a team like the great QB's can because he will fail.

Keep the offense ground and pound and playaction off of it. This makes the reads simple for Dak, especially against good defenses. Add some RPO and designed QB runs in the mix. Stop asking Dak to air it out. When Dak faces good defenses and they throw the ball a lot it leads to 3 and outs or turnovers.

Run the clock and play field position, and rest the defense.

Cooper Rush should have taught this team its winning formula. Dak must be apart of that, in order for this team to take another step.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It comes from that fact that deep down Prescott knows he's a fraud. That he's not a real franchise QB.

Unfortunately, I think much of his talk is either trying to talk himself into believing or to keep the die hard fans fooled. I'm not sure which it is. Maybe both.

As another poster said, enough beating of the chest. We need some backing it up.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
In the following off-season, so the team and he could move on. And he praised the guy who replaced him.

Get a clue
It was not in the off-season. You forget easily. The team had already moved on. He and his fans were the only one who hadn’t. You should get a clue.

I never said he didn’t praise him. He handled it fine. The press conference and letter were unnecessary was and is my point.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Agreed. If he didn't believe the offense could go to "another level" when he's considered a franchise QB, wouldn't that be a bad thing? Maybe he shouldn't have stated it, since it can be taken as a slight, but I think he was only expressing confidence in his ability. I hope he's right.
I would understand if he was a 2nd year player who hasn't really been tested or in a position to go deep into the playoffs. But he has and he has failed every time.

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Eh maybe, maybe not. I think Dak could be what Rush has been as far as decision making and pressure moments, but he needs to realize that he doesn't have to be the super hero anymore. If Dak can go back to the 2016 version where he was basically a game manager who was able to take some shots when needed he can be better for this team than Rush is. Remember 2016 Dak Prescott was absolute money during pressure situations. If Dak comes back really expecting to take the offense to the next level that concerns me. We don't need this offense to go to the next level. We need to limit the mistakes, get first downs, and score 20-30 per game. If Dak comes back with something to prove and makes it about himself we will see a repeat of 2021. He will get his numbers, but the Cowboys will lose in the end.

Dak has never been a supehero. He got this job because the owner is a moron.
As I’ve said before Dak is Jake Plummer. Who went 50-14 in Denver with Shanahan. But he was never an elite, franchise QB. He was terrible in pressure moments and made stupid mistakes. But because he had Shanahan and his elite run game, it covered up a ton of Plummer’s bad habits and poor play.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It was not in the off-season. You forget easily. The team had already moved on. He and his fans were the only one who hadn’t. You should get a clue.
He made clear to support the team and the next QB even though he believed (correctly) he was better.

Dak is crapping on a team win streak and making it about him. Only his stans support this weak selfish ploy