BCS Championship Game: 1 Auburn vs. 2 Oregon

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06;3796895 said:
Sure there would have. Happens all the time. Whistle blows the play dead, no review can take place.

They accidentally made the right call. It wasn't on purpose. The umpire thought the play was over, he just didn't blow the whistle.

Teh Auburn bench damn well knew the play was still alive and waved the runner on, no whistle had blown. These refs did a damn good job and deserve the credit for doing the job. I would love to see you work as a ref then maybe your would understand the tough job they have and yet get it right most of the time.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3797097 said:
Your guessing, you don't know if a flag would have been thrown or not fact is the whisle had not been blown that means the play is live. It gets old hearing people whine about the refs clearly if he blows the play dead people would be screaming that he blew the call since the runner was not down, and now the ref take the blame because he did not blow the play dead? Give me a break.
BS. Flags get thrown all the time for dead ball fouls when the whistle hasn't blown.

Doomsday101;3797103 said:
Teh Auburn bench damn well knew the play was still alive and waved the runner on, no whistle had blown. These refs did a damn good job and deserve the credit for doing the job. I would love to see you work as a ref then maybe your would understand the tough job they have and yet get it right most of the time.
The Auburn bench didn't KNOW. They're trying to win the game. "refs did a damn good job." That's laughable.

peplaw06;3797089 said:
I thought I saw something recently about someone being ruled down when their wrist hit the ground.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...Aky7D.U8x0XyL2mWXM4qkfg5nYcB?urn=ncaaf-306198

uhhh, you were saying.

You may feel like the refs got it right, but it's certainly debatable.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
And if a defender comes up and hits him hes flagged for 15 and ejected.

Even in the case of a roll over where a player is not down, if he is walking over to the official the play should be blown dead.

[youtube]VqkAEWVNj6I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3797152 said:
And if a defender comes up and hits him hes flagged for 15 and ejected.

Even in the case of a roll over where a player is not down, if he is walking over to the official the play should be blown dead.

[youtube]VqkAEWVNj6I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
I think DJ Williams was much more of a "live" runner than Dyer was. Williams never stopped running, and his wrist only his once. Dyer's wrist hit a couple of times, then he got back up on his hand and then got up. Williams made one continuous motion.

And you can't say that the difference is that they couldn't overturn the call on the field on one versus the other. The call on the field was the same in both instances, and the Williams call was overturned.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
peplaw06;3797287 said:
I think DJ Williams was much more of a "live" runner than Dyer was. Williams never stopped running, and his wrist only his once. Dyer's wrist hit a couple of times, then he got back up on his hand and then got up. Williams made one continuous motion.

And you can't say that the difference is that they couldn't overturn the call on the field on one versus the other. The call on the field was the same in both instances, and the Williams call was overturned.

I dont see it your way at all. I see Williams using the wrist as his point of contact w/ the ground. I don't see Dyer using the wrist but his PALM as his point of contact w/ the ground.

Maybe I need my eyes checked but I clearly don't see the argument.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Dallas;3797434 said:
I dont see it your way at all. I see Williams using the wrist as his point of contact w/ the ground. I don't see Dyer using the wrist but his PALM as his point of contact w/ the ground.

Maybe I need my eyes checked but I clearly don't see the argument.
Yeah I guess you do. Dyer's fingers are curled under his palm. Initially his hand slides and the wrist clearly comes into contact with the ground. The wrist is both on the palm side and the backside of your hand. Dyer's hand comes off the ground briefly, then his fingers are extended and his palm contacts the ground, then he lifts himself up off the ground.

Williams looked like he was actually closer to the backside of his hand than the wrist. It's harder to see that because the don't slow it down enough in the posted video. But he doesn't drag his hand along the turf like Dyer did.

kmp77

Reaction score
I think they should have a new rule that if this happens, a player thinks he's down and stops on the play, it's automatically a dead ball at that spot. Giving up should = whistle.