BCS Championship Game: 1 Auburn vs. 2 Oregon

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
VietCowboy;3795990 said:
but at the same time, they refuse to let Boise or TCU play them. They've asked repeatedly to play them...ON THE ROAD, and were turned down.

It was actually more than just a straight up play each other. I don't recall the details but it was Boise and NEB in discussion for a home and home and Boise wanted something different or money (again I dont recall specifics) and it wasn't worked out.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Dallas;3795994 said:
I guess I don't follow you. I don't understand you saying beating WIS in the Rose is the reason TCU should have been in the NC game.

Are you just using it for a playoff argument? :confused:

No... TCU beat all comers... including the "red-hot" Wisconsin... why can't they play for a title?

trickblue

Reaction score
Dallas;3795988 said:
I got no problem w/ SOS being part of the BCS formula. I think its important because the big programs don't get to dance through a smurf of a conference like Boise and TCU.

Yet Boise State has said they will play anyone a home and home series...

The big schools will only play at their home...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If I hear one more person talk about Boise State...

They couldnt even beat Nevada to win their own conference. No argument whatsoever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;3795996 said:
How can it be fair when teams don't go head to head in a tournament? Every other sport... including non-D1 football plays a tournament...

ONLY the BCS doesn't (for academic reasons is the excuse) and that is laughable...

It's money, money, money... these state supported schools are taking your tax dollars and bowl money too... while increasing tuition...

What's wrong with this picture...
There are over 20 NCAA sanctioned sports. Additionally, most of those same sports are divided into smaller groupings as well. Only the FBS does not have a postseason tournament. Crazy.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
trickblue;3795999 said:
No... TCU beat all comers... including the "red-hot" Wisconsin... why can't they play for a title?

Oh that's easy.

SOS and BCS formula. :)

Next year man.....next year. :eek::

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I'm an SEC guy, but I think TCU could have beaten either of these teams tonight.

trickblue

Reaction score
DallasEast;3796007 said:
There are over 20 NCAA sanctioned sports. Additionally, most of those same sports are divided into smaller groupings as well. Only the FBS does not have a postseason tournament. Crazy.

Follow the money... schools like OU, UT, LSU, Auburn, USC (you get the picture) don't want it... they want to keep it in the family...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dbair1967;3796012 said:
I'm an SEC guy, but I think TCU could have beaten either of these teams tonight.

I think they would have had their hands full w/ that AU defense. MY OPINION...dont shoot me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;3796013 said:
Follow the money... schools like OU, UT, LSU, Auburn, USC (you get the picture) don't want it... they want to keep it in the family...
True, but there are ways to guarantee the major conferences with payouts and have a playoff system. We see it play out every March in college basketball.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dallas;3796015 said:
I think they would have had their hands full w/ that AU defense. MY OPINION...dont shoot me.

I dont know, Auburns defense most of the yr was pretty average. TCU fared pretty well against Wisconsin's defense.

Part of the reason Auburn looked better defensively tonight is because of who they were playing and their style of play.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dbair1967;3796020 said:
I dont know, Auburns defense most of the yr was pretty average. TCU fared pretty well against Wisconsin's defense.

Part of the reason Auburn looked better defensively tonight is because of who they were playing and their style of play.

They also had a month to prepare. That is a LOOOONG time for defenses to digest pretty much what an offense will do.

trickblue

Reaction score
Dallas;3796015 said:

Dallas... I'm not shooting you, but outside of Fairly being a beast, the Auburn defense was awful...

Auburn gave up 520 yards of offense... and WON...

trickblue

Reaction score
DallasEast;3796018 said:
True, but there are ways to guarantee the major conferences with payouts and have a playoff system. We see it play out every March in college basketball.

Of course there is...

But let's not pretend that basketball is the cash-cow that football is...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;3796028 said:
Of course there is...

But let's not pretend that basketball is the cash-cow that football is...
No argument there, but that only proves that there isn't any real obstacle to having a playoff system at the top level in Division I.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
trickblue;3796026 said:
Dallas... I'm not shooting you, but outside of Fairly being a beast, the Auburn defense was awful...

Auburn gave up 520 yards of offense... and WON...

I think they did a real good job against Oregon, regardless the yards given up. Oregon offense gives teams fits and they will score and score in a hurry. If you love that Oregon offense or not it is flat out hard to defend against, especially if you don't see that style much throughout the year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dallas;3796032 said:
I think they did a real good job against Oregon, regardless the yards given up. Oregon offense gives teams fits and they will score and score in a hurry. If you love that Oregon offense or not it is flat out hard to defend against, especially if you don't see that style much throughout the year.

They see the gimmick spread everyday in practice. Granted, Oregon's is even more gimmicky, but there's alot of the same concepts.

trickblue

Reaction score
DallasEast;3796031 said:
No argument there, but that only proves that there isn't any real obstacle to having a playoff system at the top level in Division I.

Of course there is... it disperses the money to "less worthy" institutions...

That is the whole issue... they want it ALL...

The Ivy League participates in the FCS Playoff system...

Would you argue they are less academic than say, the SEC? That's the argument they make...

trickblue

Reaction score
Dallas;3796032 said:

It just proves neither of these teams had a really great defense... ho-hum as usual...