BCS National Championship Game Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564108 said:
Biggems;2564100 said:
I am not a USC guy, I'm an SEC guy (Georgia)

but I do believe USC was the best team

see above

Texas should have drilled Ohio St

yeah they should have.....but they played a close game. it happens. Texas won a thrilling contest. Colt built upon his legend. Next year we have a top 3 recruiting class.

HOOK EM

besides UT, I like Bama and Georgia. I did like Syracuse, until McNabb.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Texas Tech was a mammoth fraud, and everyone knows it. They got absolutely spanked by Ole Miss, probably the 3rd or 4th best team (at best) in the SEC. They were never a legit top-5 team.

maybe so, but that fraud hates texas, its a rivalry game, you cant measure those things, again, your just ignoring the intangibles

Penn St beat Ohio St...USC killed Ohio St...Texas needed a miracle to beat Ohio St

if ohio state played penn state right now, ohio state would rape them, and they would give USC a good battle

an Alabama team with nothing at all to play for, missing its best player

talk about being a hypocrit, texas didnt have anything to play for either

OU people shouldnt ever be running their mouths again...they should ban them from the BCS as long as they have this system...I do agree Texas deserved to play in the game more than OU, but I still think USC was the best team

their body of work was less impressive, texas beat more top 25 teams and the only terrible team we played in conference was our in state rival.

usc played washington and washington state and stanford, who are terrible, and lost to a team that frankly isnt very good and wont be in the top 25

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HA HA HA! Big game Bob goes down again! What is he like 2-5 in his last five bowl games now?

Superman went out, and with the help of his buddy Harvin, simply took the National Title away from OU.

11 Plays, 75 yards, score a TD while eating 6 minutes and 52 seconds off the clock = A championship drive for a national championship.

Throwing 3 incomplete passes, in four attempts, with the game on the line and under 3 minutes to go = choking away a National Championship.

But I bet winning the Heisman was a nice consolation prize.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MC KAos;2564119 said:
an Alabama team with nothing at all to play for, missing its best player

talk about being a hypocrit, texas didnt have anything to play for either

thats your opinion...I still think with an impressive win, alot of votes would have went their way in AP because they'd all remember Texas beating OU and having only a last second loss on the road on their hands

usc played washington and washington state and stanford, who are terrible, and lost to a team that frankly isnt very good and wont be in the top 25

Oregon St was ranked for some of this season were they not? And they shut out Pitt in their bowl game, without a couple of their best players

It was a fluke...just like TT beating Texas...if Oregon St played TT they'd probably give them a decent game too, and might even beat them...TT was never a legit top-10 team

MC KAos

Reaction score
i just wanna make the statement, i dont think usc would be undeserving, but in no way did they deserve to be there more than texas or utah. the mountain west is tougher than the pac ten, regardless of their bowl record

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And as for this idea that Ohio State would suddenly give USC a run for their money?

HA! I hate USC and even I know that's hilarious. USC's offense is just now clicking like it should and their defense only got better as the year went along. If Ohio State was lucky they might keep it within 21 points at this point.

But, then again, when it comes to big games in January, against teams who love to win in January, Ohio State would simply get the same treatment from USC that they got from Florida and LSU the last two years.

The game would be over by halftime.

MC KAos

Reaction score
dbair1967;2564127 said:
MC KAos;2564119 said:
thats your opinion...I still think with an impressive win, alot of votes would have went their way in AP because they'd all remember Texas beating OU and having only a last second loss on the road on their hands

Oregon St was ranked for some of this season were they not? And they shut out Pitt in their bowl game, without a couple of their best players

It was a fluke...just like TT beating Texas...if Oregon St played TT they'd probably give them a decent game too, and might even beat them...TT was never a legit top-10 team

ok, i can at least accept that a little, but i still think texas and USC desrved it equally, thats why a playoff is the only way to go

MC KAos

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2564130 said:
And as for this idea that Ohio State would suddenly give USC a run for their money?

HA! I hate USC and even I know that's hilarious. USC's offense is just now clicking like it should and their defense only got better as the year went along. If Ohio State was lucky they might keep it within 21 points at this point.

But, then again, when it comes to big games in January, against teams who love to win in January, Ohio State would simply get the same treatment from USC that they got from Florida and LSU the last two years.

i think they would, i think it would be a low scoring game

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;2564118 said:
besides UT, I like Bama and Georgia. I did like Syracuse, until McNabb.

Besides UT, I like UTEP (because I went there for 2 years), Virginia (because I live in Cavs country), James Madison (because they play just 20 minutes from my house) and Tennessee (I don't have the first clue why, I just do)...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Now here comes the problem...

Those big on schedule and record...

All of the sudden... OU has two losses...

What do we do?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
trickblue;2564150 said:
Now here comes the problem...

Those big on schedule and record...

All of the sudden... OU has two losses...

What do we do?

Are you going to write Stoops and demand that he send back the Big 12 trophy?:D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564127 said:
MC KAos;2564119 said:

you are totally wrong, and obviously do not follow trends.

USC has had issues with playing in Corvallis for the last handful of games. That is not a fluke, it is a trend.

UT always has trouble in Lubbock, OU has trouble in Lubbock to. TT gets away with everything short of murder in Lubbock. They also play like a swarm of killer bees there. On the road, TT doesn't play nearly as well.

trickblue

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2564161 said:

Well... I feel bad for those though...

They now have to still defend OU as better...

trickblue

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2564161 said:

Well we heard OU was better... but now...

What do we do?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2564130 said:

That's what they said about Texas too.

That's why they play the games.

Well at least they play each other next year...so we won't have to wait too long.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
take it easy on Rowdy......the Boys sucked this year. The Sooners choked again. I think his basketball team might be struggling too.