BCS National Championship Game Thread

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564082 said:
Texas did have something to play for, and performed poorly.

Beating the 10th ranked team in the nation is "performing poorly"??

Must be a Sooners fan...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564082 said:
If Texas had won convincingly the other night, I'd agree with you.

Utah I think got over on Alabama more because Alabama didnt care I think...huge letdown for them after losing the SEC Champ game, they had nothing to play for.

really? They set a Fiesta Bowl record with almost 500 yds of total offense.

MC KAos

Reaction score
dbair1967;2564076 said:
your kidding right? Texas looked pretty lame the other night against Ohio St, a team USC absolutely hammered.

The Big 12's bowl games this yr kinda showed them to be overrated

i guarantee you USC wouldnt have hammered that Ohio state team on a neutral field. did you miss the part where terrell pryor barely played in the first game? the defense was much improved and beanie wells didnt play?

dbair1967;2564082 said:
If Texas had won convincingly the other night, I'd agree with you.

Utah I think got over on Alabama more because Alabama didnt care I think...huge letdown for them after losing the SEC Champ game, they had nothing to play for.

so its all about winning convincingly to you? if it was about that, OU would have gone undefeated because they blasted everyone, but thats not how it works, its about players making plays when it matters most, like tebow showed today and colt has shown again and again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564068 said:
sure they did...and they've been hosed out of a title game shot a few times now

OU proved they were a fraud again...Texas should have blasted Ohio St the other night and instead should have lost

USC scored the most impressive win of any of the BCS teams. They had one slip up just like these other teams.

BCS= SUX

That's rediculous. USC lost to an inferrior team. Texas lost to a top 5 team on the road. Texas came from behind to beat a very tough Ohio State team. USC beat Penn State who has zero offense.

And for the record, Utah had the most impressive win beating Alabama who was number one for a good period of time, and they beat Bama in all phases.

I'm not saying USC couldn't have beaten either of these teams but I am saying that they didn't deserve to be there more then Texas did.

then again, I know I'm never going to hear an OU fan say Texas deserved it so it's cool. I understand how it goes.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2564086 said:
Texas > USC this year. Just accept it. I know you are used to USC being the top dog, but every now and again, another team is just above them, this year it is Texas and even Utah. BTW, I would say ** also....since they beat #1 Alabama and #1 OU.

Well thats all we have his opinions on it, because they dont play a real championship game.

Pac 10 was 5-0 in bowl games, Big 12 was 4-3. IMO USC was the best team in the country all yr, save one slip up on the road on Thursday night.

I'm an SEC guy, but dont think Florida was the best team this yr.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2564095 said:
then again, I know I'm never going to hear an OU fan say Texas deserved it so it's cool. I understand how it goes.

Hell No !!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer !!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564076 said:
your kidding right? Texas looked pretty lame the other night against Ohio St, a team USC absolutely hammered.

The Big 12's bowl games this yr kinda showed them to be overrated

yeah u played them at home.......they didnt have Beanie Wells...and Pryor was just beginning his college career. Everything was in your favor for that game.

you know OSU is a totally different team with Beanie in there. Even with Beanie....Texas was only down 6-3 at the half. If not for Colt pulling a Romo, it could have been 6-6.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2564092 said:
GO BUCKS!

ya, for real, people ehre are acting like we were playing akron and not THE ohio state university. i think theyll beat USC next year and win the big ten

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2564095 said:
That's rediculous. USC lost to an inferrior team. Texas lost to a top 5 team on the road

Texas Tech was a mammoth fraud, and everyone knows it. They got absolutely spanked by Ole Miss, probably the 3rd or 4th best team (at best) in the SEC. They were never a legit top-5 team.

Texas came from behind to beat a very tough Ohio State team. USC beat Penn State who has zero offense.

Penn St beat Ohio St...USC killed Ohio St...Texas needed a miracle to beat Ohio St

And for the record, Utah had the most impressive win beating Alabama who was number one for a good period of time, and they beat Bama in all phases.

an Alabama team with nothing at all to play for, missing its best player

I'm not saying USC couldn't have beaten either of these teams but I am saying that they didn't deserve to be there more then Texas did.

its a stupid system isnt it?

OU people shouldnt ever be running their mouths again...they should ban them from the BCS as long as they have this system...I do agree Texas deserved to play in the game more than OU, but I still think USC was the best team

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564096 said:
Well thats all we have his opinions on it, because they dont play a real championship game.

Pac 10 was 5-0 in bowl games, Big 12 was 4-3. IMO USC was the best team in the country all yr, save one slip up on the road on Thursday night.

I'm an SEC guy, but dont think Florida was the best team this yr.

Funny, cause Texas was the best team in the country till one slip up. They were 8 seconds away from being undefeated. Can USC say this?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564105 said:
ABQCOWBOY;2564095 said:

Texas Tech was a mammoth fraud, and everyone knows it. They got absolutely spanked by Ole Miss, probably the 3rd or 4th best team (at best) in the SEC. They were never a legit top-5 team.

Penn St beat Ohio St...USC killed Ohio St...Texas needed a miracle to beat Ohio St

OU people shouldnt ever be running their mouths again...they should ban them from the BCS as long as they have this system...I do agree Texas deserved to play in the game more than OU, but I still think USC was the best team

TT is no fraud in Lubbock. They are as good in Lubbock as OU is in Norman or USC is at the Coliseum.

Lubbock is to Texas as Corvallis is to USC.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2564100 said:
yeah u played them at home

I am not a USC guy, I'm an SEC guy (Georgia)

but I do believe USC was the best team

.......they didnt have Beanie Wells...and Pryor was just beginning his college career. Everything was in your favor for that game.

see above

you know OSU is a totally different team with Beanie in there. Even with Beanie....Texas was only down 6-3 at the half. If not for Colt pulling a Romo, it could have been 6-6.

Texas should have drilled Ohio St

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2564097 said:
I'm not sure the Buckeyes couldn't have beaten both these teams CC.

I would have loved another shot at Florida!

:D

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2564103 said:
You like 24-14 better then 45-35?

Being serious....

Texas would have beat the Gators tonight....

If it wasn't for OU 1st half coaching stupidy the Sooners would have won...

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
MC KAos;2564104 said:
ya, for real, people ehre are acting like we were playing akron and not THE ohio state university. i think theyll beat USC next year and win the big ten

I do too.

Can't wait to see Pryor next year with more experience.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2564106 said:
Funny, cause Texas was the best team in the country till one slip up. They were 8 seconds away from being undefeated. Can USC say this?

they did almost come back and win that game up there you know

hey its splitting hairs here...I do agree Texas deserved a shot before OU, no questions asked...and Texas probably would have beat Florida

I just think USC would have beaten any of them

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dbair1967;2564105 said:
ABQCOWBOY;2564095 said:

So, Alabama had nothing to play for but Texas should have crushed OSU because they had everything to play for? The whole AP voting thing is BS. They were never ever going to get a shot.

Penn State beat OSU on a fluke at the end of that game. Ohio State beat themselves in that game IMO. Tech was a top 5 team at one time but they were certainly a top 10 team. As for USC, they lost to an inferrior team and they played nobody other then Ohio State at the right time. I just don't agree but I do think, as you do, that the BCS sucks.

Good night.