Be glad that Dak has to stay on edge

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look you can dislike the guy if you want but if you had the choice of Daniel Jones, Baker Mayfield, Whoever was the qb for the Panthers and Haskins? It was clear Dak was the best or the bunch.
For the life of me I don't get why it's ONLY one way or the other. I don;t dislike Dak at all. Not sure what I said that makes you put me in that box. Can't somonme be somewhere in the middle?

I do think he was given a very good team...and he did pretty good with it...all things considered. I think MM would have come here regardless of Qb...regardless if Dak as QB or not. He was neither a hindrance nor any kind of big lure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
disagree he plays better in games with no pressure you know... beat the weak teams play tight against the good ones,.. he needs less pressure not more,,

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I missed that Dak plays 1 position & Teams win SB's? Awesome.

Dak has the ball each play....and has the authority to direct the offense and change plays. He probably should take more than a fair share of responsibility for things.....both wins and especially losses. It's what a true leader would do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For the life of me I don't get why it's ONLY one way or the other. I don;t dislike Dak at all. Not sure what I said that makes you put me in that box. Can't somonme be somewhere in the middle?

I do think he was given a very good team...and he did pretty good with it...all things considered. I think MM would have come here regardless of Qb...regardless if Dak as QB or not. He was neither a hindrance nor any kind of big lure.
So you don’t believe he’d rather have a solid young quarterback the a question mark?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has the ball each play....and has the authority to direct the offense and change plays. He probably should take more than a fair share of responsibility for things.....both wins and especially losses. It's what a true leader would do.
He plays defense and special teams too?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have to remember that he was just in his first NFL game ever, and the Cowboys were playing for a draft pick by the time he came in. But the coaches even noticed that the players were more ready to play when he started taking over.
They blew it with Moore. He's the real deal. He'll be a great coach, but he could've had a great career as the Cowboys quarterback, first.
No I know you’re just being sarcastic. Moore is not an NFL quarterback. Yeah he could be a great coach somewhere. But he can’t make all the NFL throws and everybody knows it but you

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott Could have the best statistics of any quarterback ever . He’s never had a losing season. But he took over for Tony Romo and people are never going to give him a break for that. The people that actually understand this game. Fans that have been around in the 60s and 70s. That no real football not this candy *** ****. Know Prescott is an NFL quarterback .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Last season that was true but I also noticed the coach sucked in big games too.
the last season is the only one that counts ..what have you done for me lately applies...we dont live that far in the past with sports players..you saw the last half of last season is all i need to sit on my side of this debate.. we will see if this season that changes..many players have a lot to reprove that last season was fluke will LVE stay healthy? Will Jsmith and Tank play better? can TSmiths injuries stay manageable? yes Dak will he play better in big Games and down the stretch is he going to step up and win games we were supposed to lose in crunch time..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you don’t believe he’d rather have a solid young quarterback the a question mark?
I stand by my statement. MM would have come HERE...regardless of QB. That's it. End of story. I'm not playing the "let's keep moving the goal post and rephrasing the question until we git 'im but good" game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
the last season is the only one that counts ..what have you done for me lately applies...we dont live that far in the past with sports players..you saw the last half of last season is all i need to sit on my side of this debate.. we will see if this season that changes..many players have a lot to reprove that last season was fluke will LVE stay healthy? Will Jsmith and Tank play better? can TSmiths injuries stay manageable? yes Dak will he play better in big Games and down the stretch is he going to step up and win games we were supposed to lose in crunch time..
Ok and last season Dak, Lawrence, Jaylon, Zeke, LVE, Witten and everyone else sucks too. Amari sucked on all the road games last year.Got a new contract....What have they done for me lately?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I stand by my statement. MM would have come HERE...regardless of QB. That's it. End of story. I'm not playing the "let's keep moving the goal post and rephrasing the question until we git 'im but good" game.
Its not moving the goal post I'm asking a question and you are too afraid to answer it because it goes against your whole agenda. Even Dak's worst hater can admit they'd rather have him than Daniel Jones, Haskins, Bridgewater and Baker Mayfield.

Okay bro.....you got me. I assumed "on offense" could go unmentioned. Keep up the great work!
????Da hell?

JReed1000

Reaction score
This really isn't a Dak thread. It's more about the Cowboys finally getting set up right.
It wasn't fair to McCarthy to be saddled with a quarterback longterm that would be impossible to put on the bench if he wasn't cutting it.
McCarthy freaking loves the kid. Saw first hand what he could do in a playoff game IN GREENBAY. I doubt he's skeptical about Daks abilities.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ok and last season Dak, Lawrence, Jaylon, Zeke, LVE, Witten and everyone else sucks too. Amari sucked on all the road games last year.Got a new contract....What have they done for me lately?

Its very fair to say this team looked lost midway through the season...I'm telling you there was dissension in the coaching staff and that leads to players being confused on WTH to do. The biggest criminal last year was the GM not pulling the trigger on the head coach sooner, again someone has to be accountable you cant cut everybody....the head coach takes the blame that's the job description. Ginger just wouldnt do it and always blamed someone else, when he started throwing players under the bus the GM should have hit the launch button.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not moving the goal post I'm asking a question and you are too afraid to answer it because it goes against your whole agenda. Even Dak's worst hater can admit they'd rather have him than Daniel Jones, Haskins, Bridgewater and Baker Mayfield.

????Da hell?

No...I stand by exactly what I said and what I meant. You are trying to twist it into something I am not saying.

"Da hell"? I originally said "Dak touches the ball every play and should beheld more accountable...like a leader would"

You said "Andy plays defense and ST"? You know.....like all the other plays. If I had just said "touches the ball every offensive play"....would you have still said it? Maybe....I guess.

IN your penchant to search for and pick fights...you aren;t really reading what I am writing. You are trying to find something to argue about. So..... back to my original point....

If Dak were not here...are you telling MM wouldn't be? Of course he would still be here. Dak was not this all-big selling point that I originally replied to.

Being the Dallas Cowboys head coach was the selling point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its very fair to say this team looked lost midway through the season...I'm telling you there was dissension in the coaching staff and that leads to players being confused on WTH to do. The biggest criminal last year was the GM not pulling the trigger on the head coach sooner, again someone has to be accountable you cant cut everybody....the head coach takes the blame that's the job description. Ginger just wouldnt do it and always blamed someone else, when he started throwing players under the bus the GM should have hit the launch button.
Which is why I can't accurately gauge what they did last year and determine if they suck. It was a terrible year and Garrett lost them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No...I stand by exactly what I said and what I meant. You are trying to twist it into something I am not saying.

"Da hell"? I originally said "Dak touches the ball every play and should beheld more accountable...like a leader would"

You said "Andy plays defense and ST"? You know.....like all the other plays. If I had just said "touches the ball every offensive play"....would you have still said it? Maybe....I guess.

IN your penchant to search for and pick fights...you aren;t really reading what I am writing. You are trying to find something to argue about. So..... back to my original point....

If Dak were not here...are you telling MM wouldn't be? Of course he would still be here. Dak was not this all-big selling point that I originally replied to.

Being the Dallas Cowboys head coach was the selling point.

I'm not interested in fights but if you say something I disagree with I'm going to speak my mind. If its a issue why even click "post reply" . I think the issue is you are taking this personal. You're entitled to your opinion but I just disagree with it.

Being the Dallas Cowboys head coach was the selling point? Since when? Especially in the past 20 years? They've had Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.....if its such a great selling point I can't tell because outside of Parcells we've been left with some CRAP as coach.

And its not just that Dak is the only selling point. If you sell me I get Dak at QB, Zeke at RB, a solid offensive line and a solid receiving core? I'd much rather have a top offense if I'm a offensive minded coach.