Be patient on Cooper Rush. Brady wasn't perfect his first season either

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
This Rush hype is absolutely insane. I’ve been on this board since 2005 and I can’t recall a moment in time about a backup QB who played mediocre at best.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see some people calling Cooper Rush a nice backup but I think some people here need to be patient on Rush. Not even Brady was elite his first season in the NFL.

Who knows? Maybe by 2036 we will see flashbacks to 2022 after Cooper lifts his 3rd or 4th Lombardi trophy and saying "the hit on Dak that restarted the Cowboys dynasty"

WOW :facepalm:

these posts are getting more and more ridiculous by the day,,Rush been here like 4 years been on and off the PS has only started 2 games and ironically enough zoner wanted Gilbert wanted Greir wanted a beter Backup the last 3 years and hated rush was kept..Hypocrtes!..

last week wasn't pretty my Cowboy Brother bare minimum from the qb spot for sure. hes a Backup, left unprotected, and no one snatched him up so many times, i lost count. Ridgeways cut and hour later hes on another team LOL

DAK is our guy , be woke not a total troll posting hater. Burlien didn't take Aikman's job and Daks job is NOT IN Jeopardy. lmao. FZ on CZ now=TROLL Zone.

you think Brissett keeps playing well Watsons not going to ever see the field??:hammer::popcorn:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
What...we aren't being patient? He just beat the defending AFC champs. The only people not being "patient" are the ones who can't wait for the return of Dink & Dak.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see some people calling Cooper Rush a nice backup but I think some people here need to be patient on Rush. Not even Brady was elite his first season in the NFL.

Who knows? Maybe by 2036 we will see flashbacks to 2022 after Cooper lifts his 3rd or 4th Lombardi trophy and saying "the hit on Dak that restarted the Cowboys dynasty"
SizzlingPitifulBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

And now my friends... we have reached fully blown, unapologetic delusion.

Anyone remember Mike White? The QB we cut here a few years ago? He won two games with the Jets last season and looked like the second coming of Dan Marino and then the roof caved in. He threw 8 picks in short order, and he is right back sitting behind bums like 37 year old Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson.

Cooper Rush is a known commodity: NFL spot starter that can win a few games with spectacular defensive play. This is not like a young Brady or Romo taking Bledsoe's job and never looking back. You can book that.

Last edited:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And now my friends... we have reached fully blown, unapologetic delusion.

Anyone remember Mike White? The QB we cut here a few years ago? He won two games with the Jets last season and looked like the second coming of Dan Marino and then the roof caved in. He threw 8 picks in short order, and he is right back sitting behind bums like 37 year old Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson.

Cooper Rush is a known commodity: NFL spot starter that can win a few games with spectacular defensive play. This is not like a young Brady or Romo taking Bledsoe's job and never looking back. You can book that.
:hammer:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the bar is now on the floor. Let's discredit Rush to try to build up dakadoo.

A win isn't good enough because it wasn't dak. smh
Can't be happy unless it's with dak.
Just enjoy the win sheesh.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score

Lordy..lordy...lordy...

Swagger

Reaction score
Uh, Rush is 28 years old and throws like a girl. Lol

Seriously, he's a legit backup NFL quarterback, and good for him.

But nothing more.
All joking aside is he even a legit NFL backup QB?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
A mixture of alcohol and something else.
I was all about it last night.
Wife came home from salsa practice to see me...
Let's just say I regret last night.

She's a very patient woman, lol.

Shane612

Reaction score
IMO, Cooper Rush is already just as good, if not better, than Prescott. He just doesn't look as athletic, physically.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
All joking aside is he even a legit NFL backup QB?
Yeah. He's a pretty legit backup at this point.
Nothing great, but functional- which is what you're at least looking for, for a few games.
If he was more he'd be a starter somewhere.

Corso

Reaction score
IMO, Cooper Rush is just already as good, if not better, than Prescott. He just doesn't look as athletic, physically.
War of the Gargantuas?
I haven't seen that movie in like... weeks!
You sir, or madam are a connoisseur of terribly good monster movies.