Be Still My Heart...Rolando McClain Declares For Draft

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I already know we can't get him. Shut the hell up. Let a greedy draft ***** dream will ya?

:laugh2:

Updated: January 11, 2010, 3:25 PM ET
McClain skips senior year for draft

By Chris Low
ESPN.com

Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain, the centerpiece of the Crimson Tide's national championship defense, announced Monday that he was skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

McClain won the Butkus Award this season as the top linebacker in college football and led the Crimson Tide in tackles. He was a three-year starter and has been calling the defensive signals since he was a freshman.
Alabama coach Nick Saban has called McClain one of the smartest players he's ever coached.

"I'm going to leave the university pretty satisfied with what I've done here," McClain said.

Most projections have McClain going in the top half of the first round.

Chris Low covers the SEC for ESPN.com.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile;3221537 said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I already know we can't get him. Shut the hell up. Let a greedy draft ***** dream will ya?

:laugh2:

Updated: January 11, 2010, 3:25 PM ET
McClain skips senior year for draft

By Chris Low
ESPN.com

Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain, the centerpiece of the Crimson Tide's national championship defense, announced Monday that he was skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

McClain won the Butkus Award this season as the top linebacker in college football and led the Crimson Tide in tackles. He was a three-year starter and has been calling the defensive signals since he was a freshman.
Alabama coach Nick Saban has called McClain one of the smartest players he's ever coached.

"I'm going to leave the university pretty satisfied with what I've done here," McClain said.

Most projections have McClain going in the top half of the first round.

Chris Low covers the SEC for ESPN.com.

He'll be in Miami next year. Write it down.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Our first round pick and Coakley?

Bigdog

Reaction score
hos you beat me to it. I would love to get him but there is no way we can get him where we are picking. We may have to trade down if Thomas (not going to be there) and Iupati are not there. I am assuming that Anthony Davis will not be there either.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the official announcement I knew a post from Hos was coming.

He's going to be a special linebacker for years. He'll go top 15. We will have to make a significant move to get up and get a "name" player. Also, now that we are in the "Last 8" we can not sign any unrestricted free agents unless we lose one. The only significant Unrestricted Free Agent we have is Gerald Sensabaugh and maybe Montrae Holland.

The draft may be our only chance of adding new talent. We also have 3 injured players that will be basically be rookies next year in Robert Brewster, Brandon Williams, and Stephen Hodge.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3221713 said:
As soon as I saw the official announcement I knew a post from Hos was coming.

He's going to be a special linebacker for years. He'll go top 15. We will have to make a significant move to get up and get a "name" player. Also, now that we are in the "Last 8" we can not sign any unrestricted free agents unless we lose one. The only significant Unrestricted Free Agent we have is Gerald Sensabaugh and maybe Montrae Holland.

The draft may be our only chance of adding new talent. We also have 3 injured players that will be basically be rookies next year in Robert Brewster, Brandon Williams, and Stephen Hodge.

How is someone maybe unrestricted?

.....Im actually asking

The Realist

Reaction score
The Niners pick 13 and 17.

Willis and McClain inside coached by Singletary.

Now that's cooking with gas.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Rolando McClain-LB- Player Jan. 11 - 3:27 pm et

Alabama ILB Rolando McClain announced Monday that he will enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

McClain (6'4/258) is the prototype inside 'backer for a 3-4 scheme, having played in a 3-4 under Nick Saban and led the Crimson Tide in tackles (105) and stops for a loss (14.5) as a true junior. With McClain as its playcaller, Alabama ranked fourth nationally in total defense and No. 2 against the run in 2009. The Butkus Award winner could go as high as the top 12 in April.
Source: Associated Press

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'd hate to draft yet another LBer, but I would make an exception for this kid. He's straight nasty.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With the CBA in the NFL being up in the air and talk of rookie pay scale being changed I would think the NFL will see a lot of under classmen entering the draft this year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3221732 said:
How is someone maybe unrestricted?

.....Im actually asking

the "maybe" was to their significance, not to their free agent status. He is unrestricted.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3221972 said:
the "maybe" was to their significance, not to their free agent status. He is unrestricted.

It doesnt have to be a FA of equal or lesser value does it?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3221783 said:
The Niners pick 13 and 17.

Willis and McClain inside coached by Singletary.

Now that's cooking with gas.

SLATEmosphere;3221962 said:
Niners with Willis and McClain..

Book it..disgusting.
that would be too much money tied up into the Mlb position in a 3-4 defense where the OLB's are more important.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3222115 said:
that would be too much money tied up into the Mlb position in a 3-4 defense where the OLB's are more important.

You wouldnt take a McClain and Willis duo?