Be Still My Heart...Rolando McClain Declares For Draft

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3222162 said:
You wouldnt take a McClain and Willis duo?
not if I was San Fran. they need pass rushers and dbs

only way I'd take him would be to try and get more picks from some team that wants him really bad.

The Realist

Reaction score
Meanwhile SF is tied for 3rd in the league in sacks, Takeo Spikes is 33 years old and in the last year of his contract.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Intersting videos. They show just about every type of play and isolate McClain before each play. Even show bad plays like missing tackles. Looks like they have them for several players.

[youtube]miJwMCgaxKo[/youtube]

The music is a little distracting to me and the 2nd video has some language so I won't post it, but it is linked on the host site if you want to double click.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I love that guy. It would be awesome to have that guy with a star on his helmet. Shame it has no shot of happening.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I would rather trade for Maualuga, who is being wasted in Cincy as a 4-3 SAM. McClain is smart and fluid, but Cowboys need a big play thumper in the middle_someone to add to the new attitude of this defense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BAT;3224770 said:
I would rather trade for Maualuga, who is being wasted in Cincy as a 4-3 SAM. McClain is smart and fluid, but Cowboys need a big play thumper in the middle_someone to add to the new attitude of this defense.
I am a Pac-10 homer. I'd take McClain over Maualaga any day.

Randy White

Reaction score
Hostile;3221537 said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I already know we can't get him. Shut the hell up. Let a greedy draft ***** dream will ya?

If I'm gonna dream, I wanna dream even bigger. Give me:

29189_Nebraska_Suh_Football_20091011092023_400.jpg

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
My concern is that McClain is just the best amongst a mediocre group of ILBs. I have doubts about a couple aspects of his game, just as I do with practically every other player and I'm sure I am only one of a handfull that doesn't get excited about McClain even though ILB is a huge need for us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3225418 said:
I am a USC homer. I'd take McClain over Maualuga any day.
I want to make it clear in saying what I did I don't dislike Maualaga at all. In fact, I like the kid. I just am not afraid to admit McClain is simply better.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3225440 said:
Incorrect. Rey is about as physical as they come.

He can hit but he isn't physical at the point of contact when it comes to taking on blocks.

He is a finesse linebacker and doesn't really get his nose dirty.