Be Still My Heart...Rolando McClain Declares For Draft

ghst187

Reaction score
McClain is worth trading up for however hard to see us doing that. I'm afraid McClain will be a Bronco.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I can think of about 5 teams that will swoop McClain up before we do.

The Giants are one of them.

We'll have to trade up to the 12th spot if we REALLY want him and that's about 3 picks worth.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Randy White;3225077 said:
He won't last that long.

I would be surprised if he went higher then 12. Denver could take him but I think Denver has to be looking at WR, NT or OL before they take a LB.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
McClain isn't going to fall anywhere near where we could feasibly move up and take him. It has to be a pretty feasible deal too cause you're talking about moving up to take a luxury over another position of more need such as O-Line depth or a playmaking FS.

I really want Earl Thomas at this point since we won't have a shot at Berry. But something tells me we won't get near Thomas either.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
CATCH17;3226007 said:
He can hit but he isn't physical at the point of contact when it comes to taking on blocks.

He is a finesse linebacker and doesn't really get his nose dirty.

You are nuts. Maualuga is more physical than McClain. If you are going to label one of the two "finesse", it would not be Maualuga. McClain is better in coverage and for his size, doesn't bring much thump. Cowboys need a guy to challenge Bradie James, set the tone from the MIKE. Jerry already has a ton of guys who are supposed to take over at Brooking at WILB - Carpenter, Jason Williams, Stephen Hodge.

And if we are going to dream about draft picks, I agree w/the guy who pictured Suh. That guy is a pure beast.

But if we are going to be realistic, Dallas' first pick will be either Iupati or Pouncey. Just makes too much sense, albeit not very sexy.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think he's going to end up top ten myself.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Hostile;3221537 said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I already know we can't get him. Shut the hell up. Let a greedy draft ***** dream will ya?

:laugh2:

Updated: January 11, 2010, 3:25 PM ET
McClain skips senior year for draft

By Chris Low
ESPN.com

Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain, the centerpiece of the Crimson Tide's national championship defense, announced Monday that he was skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

McClain won the Butkus Award this season as the top linebacker in college football and led the Crimson Tide in tackles. He was a three-year starter and has been calling the defensive signals since he was a freshman.
Alabama coach Nick Saban has called McClain one of the smartest players he's ever coached.

"I'm going to leave the university pretty satisfied with what I've done here," McClain said.

Most projections have McClain going in the top half of the first round.

Chris Low covers the SEC for ESPN.com.
Well, at least this will drop another player towards us. Hopefully we make the right choice!