Bears Want Williams!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I would still want Abraham. Imagine the possibilities with those 3 guys in there....... :D
I would too, I want some depth at DL like the early 90's. I miss seeing a guy like Jimmy Jones coming in and being effective. We've been shy of players on DL for too damn long.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I would too, I want some depth at DL like the early 90's. I miss seeing a guy like Jimmy Jones coming in and being effective. We've been shy of players on DL for too damn long.

Agree 100%

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I'd prefer Williams but I'm thinking Edwards will be long gone at 11. The Commanders may consider Edwards according to several mocks I've seen and their obvious needs.

The Washington Post reports that the Skins are indeed thinking strongly about drafting a WR with their first pick... inasmuch as the consensus is they need more speed at the WR position, Edwards would seem to make sense for them... however, the rumors are that they like Williams a lot...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Buckeye said:
I don't want Edwards. And I doubt Williams will still be available. We should just use the 11th pick to improve our defense.

Then draft Troy Williamson from South Carolina at pick 20... the guy's shooting up the charts right now, and I've read scouting reports that compare him to Alvin Harper...

He reportedly has speed in the 4.25 40 range... some say he might be the fastest receiver in this draft (though Airese Curry might wish to dispute that)...

Or you could wait until the second round, then draft Vincent Jackson from Northern Colorado, or Terrence Murphy from Texas A&M...

I say get a WR, a DB and a DL or LB on the first day... don't care much in what order the Boys get them...

Reaction score
Sorry Hos, BE hasn't been a problem the last two years his first two years at Michigan him and Lloyd Carr didn't see eye to eye. The problems were settled at the start of BE's Jr year and to prove that this is the year Edwards starting wearing the #1 jersey. BE immatured while at Michigan and he is the best WR in this draft and would've been the best WR in the draft last year if he declared. Edwards is a future Pro Bowler, his combo of size and speed makes him impossible to cover. Edwards is the best WR in this draft.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Sorry Hos, BE hasn't been a problem the last two years his first two years at Michigan him and Lloyd Carr didn't see eye to eye. The problems were settled at the start of BE's Jr year and to prove that this is the year Edwards starting wearing the #1 jersey. BE immatured while at Michigan and he is the best WR in this draft and would've been the best WR in the draft last year if he declared. Edwards is a future Pro Bowler, his combo of size and speed makes him impossible to cover. Edwards is the best WR in this draft.
Williams' stats as a Freshman and Sophomore equaled Edwards' as a Junior and Senior. Had he played this year no one would agree with you. Williams will be a better WR in the NFL than Edwards. Book it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
he is the best WR in this draft and would've been the best WR in the draft last year if he declared

WHAT?!?!?!​

Gimme some of what you're smokin', son.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I think Mike Williams is going to prove to be the best WR that came out in at least the last five years. I would be upset if we traded up for him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
When the scouting reports on Edwards come out read the Negatives. I promise you that his character will be a question mark.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
When the scouting reports on Edwards come out read the Negatives. I promise you that his character will be a question mark.

Of course it will, they always have negatives on players so they will dig up character issues from his freshman and sophmore year but that wont be noted.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Of course it will, they always have negatives on players so they will dig up character issues from his freshman and sophmore year but that wont be noted.
Same as Randy Moss. You won't see those same negatives on Williams. Plus as I already pointed out Williams' numbers as a Freshman and Sophomore were as good as Edwards's were as a Senior.

It's pretty much the same as Adrian Peterson being a better pro one day than say Cedric Benson. Benson is better right now, even though statistically not much of a gap, but Peterson can do at an earlier age what the mature Benson does.

In other words the ceiling on Williams' potential is much higher.

dirt

Reaction score
these comments about Edwards' character issues have me baffled. As a lifelong Wolverines fan, I can say he is without a doubt the best receiver to ever come out of Ann Arbor. Physically he is unmatched--this year he was the Terrell Owens of college football. In the past, UM receivers have had speed issues when making the transition to the NFL, but this guy can truly fly.
As for character, Braylon has matured incredibly over the past year. Early last year Carr called him out publicly and that seemed to do the trick. We are talking 17/18 year olds here. In 2004, with a freshman quarterback, Edwards took on the leadership mantle. I was amazed at the support in the press that Edwards gave Henne. Not once was anything uttered that could be construed as whining or criticizing. He was a large part in the development of the young QB. You should have seen him on the sidelines!
He has come light years from when he came in as a freshman with an attitude.
Comparisons to Williams are tough as Williams did not play this year and that could become a negative when scouting reports come out. You know how these scouts are. There will be questions about his speed translating to the NFL--there was talk last year if he was eligible for the draft would he eventually become a TE
AS for Buckeye fan--you got to remember what Terell Owens seems to forget all the time--some one has to throw the ball, 5-6 guys have to block for the QB, so that a WR can be successful--1 guy isnt responsible for a 1-3 mark against OSU. Besides quite a few Buckeyes went on to be successful in the NFL during the 90's--how many in a row did OSU lose to UM? and it didnt affect there drafting status or careers--see Orlando Pace

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
4lifecowboy said:
I think Mike Williams is going to prove to be the best WR that came out in at least the last five years. I would be upset if we traded up for him.
roy williams from UT would smoke him by any standards.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dirt said:
these comments about Edwards' character issues have me baffled. As a lifelong Wolverines fan, I can say he is without a doubt the best receiver to ever come out of Ann Arbor. Physically he is unmatched--this year he was the Terrell Owens of college football. In the past, UM receivers have had speed issues when making the transition to the NFL, but this guy can truly fly.
As for character, Braylon has matured incredibly over the past year. Early last year Carr called him out publicly and that seemed to do the trick. We are talking 17/18 year olds here. In 2004, with a freshman quarterback, Edwards took on the leadership mantle. I was amazed at the support in the press that Edwards gave Henne. Not once was anything uttered that could be construed as whining or criticizing. He was a large part in the development of the young QB. You should have seen him on the sidelines!
He has come light years from when he came in as a freshman with an attitude.
Comparisons to Williams are tough as Williams did not play this year and that could become a negative when scouting reports come out. You know how these scouts are. There will be questions about his speed translating to the NFL--there was talk last year if he was eligible for the draft would he eventually become a TE
AS for Buckeye fan--you got to remember what Terell Owens seems to forget all the time--some one has to throw the ball, 5-6 guys have to block for the QB, so that a WR can be successful--1 guy isnt responsible for a 1-3 mark against OSU. Besides quite a few Buckeyes went on to be successful in the NFL during the 90's--how many in a row did OSU lose to UM? and it didnt affect there drafting status or careers--see Orlando Pace
There were questions about Jerry Rice's and Michael Irvin's speed too. They're only 2 of the greatest WRs ever to strap on helmets. Speed in a WR is way over rated. Other than Randy Moss, who has other amazing attributes, tell me one WR who dominated based solely on his speed.