Bears Want Williams!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
BEARS WANT WILLIAMS (Pro Football Talk.com)

With receiver David Terrell's Friday arrest likely to push Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo past the breaking point as to the underachieving and erratic 2001 first-round draft pick, we're hearing that the Bears are hoping to trade out of the No. 4 overall spot, and select USC receiver Mike Williams with a lower pick.

Hmmmm, maybe the Cowboys still have a chance. But it will be interesting for all us Mike Williams fans.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch said:
Either or and I'll be as happy as a puppy with two peters. :D
Exactly how happy is that? LOL!

As much as I want Williams, I am anxious to see how his workouts go. Right now, any playmaker with speed would really help.

calico

Reaction score
I would take Edwards over williams also. I got my first good look at him in the Rose Bowl and he was just an excellent receiver.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If we don't select Williams I prefer we pass on Edwards and concentrate on defense. Not worth the baggage he brings.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'd prefer Williams but I'm thinking Edwards will be long gone at 11. The Commanders may consider Edwards according to several mocks I've seen and their obvious needs.
If Chicago trades down below us, we could snatch him. What about drafting him and trading him to Chicago...a little leverage or if they don't pay to play he becomes our #1.

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I'd prefer Williams but I'm thinking Edwards will be long gone at 11. The Commanders may consider Edwards according to several mocks I've seen and their obvious needs.
If Chicago trades down below us, we could snatch him. What about drafting him and trading him to Chicago...a little leverage or if they don't pay to play he becomes our #1.

without a 2nd round draft pick washington would be smart to trade down, but smart and daniel synder dont go together

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
If we don't select Williams I prefer we pass on Edwards and concentrate on defense. Not worth the baggage he brings.

There is some merit to that argument.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Host: What baggage?
Edwards looks like the best WR going to me?
He has had several "issues" during his time at Michigan. Most (not all) Michigan fans do not like him. I have met several who are pleased he is leaving and wish he had gone last year. He has the label of "disruptive force." When his scouting reports come out you look at the negatives. The top negative on all of them will be his attitude.

Buckeye

Reaction score
I don't want Edwards. And I doubt Williams will still be available. We should just use the 11th pick to improve our defense.
Hostile said:
He has had several "issues" during his time at Michigan. Most (not all) Michigan fans do not like him. I have met several who are pleased he is leaving and wish he had gone last year. He has the label of "disruptive force." When his scouting reports come out you look at the negatives. The top negative on all of them will be his attitude.
Edwards was also 1-3 against Ohio State. :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I don't know much about BE's off the field stuff, is he a headcase?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rack said:

Good question? Are there any specific examples? Was he ever suspended for conduct detrimental?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Braylon Edwards > Mike Williams
I disagree Edwards < Williams

Williams is the only reciever coming out that I would take before addressing the defesive needs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
Yeah he is. You should hear him speak. Does not come across well at all. I do not doubt his talent but I do his character and that is why I really don't want him. Williams on the other hand has stellar character and put up similar stats to Edwards' this year as a Freshman. In other words, simply a better player for the long haul with far less baggage.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still betting we go defense with my choice of DT at #11 followed by BPA on defense at #20. That being said, I'll be shocked if we don't trade down with the #20 pick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I'm still betting we go defense with my choice of DT at #11 followed by BPA on defense at #20. That being said, I'll be shocked if we don't trade down with the #20 pick.
#11 Derrick Johnson
#20 Marcus Spears
2nd round Antaaj Hawthorne

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
#11 Derrick Johnson
#20 Marcus Spears
2nd round Antaaj Hawthorne
I would still want Abraham. Imagine the possibilities with those 3 guys in there....... :D