Beasley to the Bills

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol. Tavon Austin isn't a good WR.

He's a gadget guy and that's it.

Cole Beasley leaves a huge void in the offense because that is where Dak liked to throw the ball.

We need to draft a WR now.
I still think we need a gadget guy. Hopefully Kellen can use him more creatively. At least as a decoy.. .

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He will be missed more than most here want to admit.....he's the perfect Dak check-down receiver.....
What's funny is you Dak haters complain that he throws "check downs" but complain when they get rid of a receiver because he is just a "check down" receiver. You haters should be glad Dallas is doing away with that Linehan crap and allow Dak to have receivers he can go downfield with.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The guy has done absolutely nothing in his career that suggests he's ever going to be a valuable piece of a team."

No trying to be argumentative, but if you meant he can't be a valuable remember of receiving corps, then say receiving corps...returner is a piece of a team. Apologies for responding to your comment at face value and not making an assumption about what you must have meant...
Fair.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I really don't get the hate for Beasley either. He's not a superstar, but he was a good player in his role. Is this just "everybody who leaves was never any good anyway" garbage?

Cowboy fans love to feel scorned and expect the players to play for less.

Hadenough

Reaction score
lol. Tavon Austin isn't a good WR.

He's a gadget guy and that's it.

Cole Beasley leaves a huge void in the offense because that is where Dak liked to throw the ball.

We need to draft a WR now.
Austin is a awful as a wr!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great games and catches you had BEASTLY. I'll miss ya. Great job in FA getting paid like every other NFL player does. Take care of your family first. Peace out, bro.

John813

Reaction score
I really don't get the hate for Beasley either. He's not a superstar, but he was a good player in his role. Is this just "everybody who leaves was never any good anyway" garbage?

It started year or so back. The rap stuff some thought it distracted him from football and caused the "down" year in 17. Add in that he and his wife were always vocal on twitter. Then he made a few comments during last season about targets.

I don't hate him, just for me didn't see the value of paying a slot only 30 year old guy to a 3rd contract. Channeling my inner Stephen Jones cheapness lol

Lutonio

Reaction score
No hard feelings for taking a better deal. The Bills offered more than I would have been willing.

He contributed as a a member of the receiving corps but was a liability in punt returns. There were several times he gave up a first down trying to run backwards and make a bigger play, and he folded up like a lawn chair at the smallest bit of contact. Overall, I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, and I didn't like the rumblings I kept hearing about him whining in the locker room/press/social media.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think we could get a very good slot receiver in the third day of the draft. Guys like Penny Hart or Hunter Renfrow could do what Beas did for $500k - $750k.

If not, it's also a position where there will be a lot of undrafted guys who will be hungry for a check.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If you're not going to be thrown the ball you'd might as well make the most money you can.

I hear that!

But I'm projecting Beasley to have his worse season as a pro WR.

Stupid Bills fans will say beasley was a busted signing, but ignore the endless 100 pass yard games along with 150 yard rush games by Allen.

I swear I dont see how that guy is even a QB in the NFL. The guy should be a big *** RB.

Beasley will hate it there. But like you said, it's about the money!