Beats By Dre - Beats Audio Headphones

StevenOtero

Reaction score
4791503_460s.jpg

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Beats are extremely overpriced and overhyped. I have a pair of $100 Bose headphones that are probably a little pricy, but still very nice and cheaper than Beats. Beats have just been labeled "cool" for some reason.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624284 said:
Beats are extremely overpriced and overhyped. I have a pair of $100 Bose headphones that are probably a little pricy, but still very nice and cheaper than Beats. Beats have just been labeled "cool" for some reason.
Yeah, I've noticed a bunch of early teens to late teens just have to have them. They'll soon realize that ALL headphones end up breaking. It's much smarter to get a cheap to mid-range set of headphones.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
I'd ask Cowboys&LakersFan for a review on them but he's probably still trying to wrestle them away from that girl he gave them to.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but will look them up for a X-mas gift.

Thanks. "Buy now" is in my mind after the comparison.

The price point alone makes me feel like it might be worth a shot.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the guys at Monster who developed the original Beats well. My opinion is that there are better options cheaper, but Beats are pretty nice.

djmajestik

Reaction score
AT first, was skeptical about them, as I am VERY choosy with my DJ headphones (as with all my gear). Got a set to try DJing in, and never turned back. Love them!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The whole anti-beats movement is so silly. I use Denon D2000's at home and hve never owned Beats, but why does it matter if someone likes Beats and can afford them? They are headphones!

The Razer headphones in the chart don't look so hot either, I wouldn't be caught wearing either. Heck, the chart is so biased and inaccurate that you'd be a fool to let it influence your purchase decisions.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I still can't believe people buy these things. They have no idea about music and sound. The price of those are for nothing, but name. They are terrible.

Ragu Effect: If you think they are good, it's because you've never had anything better.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;4624382 said:
The whole anti-beats movement is so silly. I use Denon D2000's at home and hve never owned Beats, but why does it matter if someone likes Beats and can afford them? They are headphones!

The Razer headphones in the chart don't look so hot either, I wouldn't be caught wearing either. Heck, the chart is so biased and inaccurate that you'd be a fool to let it influence your purchase decisions.

One word. Logic. Because spending a lot of money for lower quality headphone is illogical. Some people just don't have any logical reasoning.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Headphones are a pain to me.

I HATE the ear bud headphones (ones that came with Iphone or ipod). Hurt my ears and I just don't care for them. Used them on the plane during the recent vacation just because I figured if they got lost or damaged it would be no big deal.

I also do not like the big head phones that not only look to big on someone's head but personally the large cups around my ears bother me. Sometimes they make your ears (or area around your ears) sweat or feel funky.

So normally at work I just keep a cheap pair of Koss small head phones. Just the run of the mill generic head phones. They don't have the best sound but I know they are not over sized, I know they will not hurt my ears and I know they will not make it feel like my ears and side of my head are sweating.

Plus I am not out any real money at all and if they get wore out, tore up, damaged or lost than I can just go get another cheap pair without worrying about it.