Beats By Dre - Beats Audio Headphones

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4624419 said:
Headphones are a pain to me.

I HATE the ear bud headphones (ones that came with Iphone or ipod). Hurt my ears and I just don't care for them. Used them on the plane during the recent vacation just because I figured if they got lost or damaged it would be no big deal.

I also do not like the big head phones that not only look to big on someone's head but personally the large cups around my ears bother me. Sometimes they make your ears (or area around your ears) sweat or feel funky.

So normally at work I just keep a cheap pair of Koss small head phones. Just the run of the mill generic head phones. They don't have the best sound but I know they are not over sized, I know they will not hurt my ears and I know they will not make it feel like my ears and side of my head are sweating.

Plus I am not out any real money at all and if they get wore out, tore up, damaged or lost than I can just go get another cheap pair without worrying about it.

The iPhone earphones don't bother me. I just swipe my wife's (she doesn't like them) and use them. I mainly use them on my commute to work and they sound well enough that I can listen to them while I dose (light sleep) on the train every morning.

Now, for my computer (read gaming) and guitar playing needs, I have a much nicer set of over the ear headphones. (Audio-Technica ATH M35, less than $50 after shipping) I agree, they can get sweaty if it's warm or you are very active wearing them, but I keep my house about 72-73 degrees and that isn't a problem. I would NEVER take them out of the house to use as headphones for listening to music.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4624419 said:
Headphones are a pain to me.

I HATE the ear bud headphones (ones that came with Iphone or ipod). Hurt my ears and I just don't care for them. Used them on the plane during the recent vacation just because I figured if they got lost or damaged it would be no big deal.

I also do not like the big head phones that not only look to big on someone's head but personally the large cups around my ears bother me. Sometimes they make your ears (or area around your ears) sweat or feel funky.

So normally at work I just keep a cheap pair of Koss small head phones. Just the run of the mill generic head phones. They don't have the best sound but I know they are not over sized, I know they will not hurt my ears and I know they will not make it feel like my ears and side of my head are sweating.

Plus I am not out any real money at all and if they get wore out, tore up, damaged or lost than I can just go get another cheap pair without worrying about it.

I hate the ones that come with a phone. I like my Koss ear bud headphones because the have the foam rubber piece that fits in your ear. They are great on a plane because they block out most of the noise. the best part is they cost maybe $20.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4624434 said:
I hate the ones that come with a phone. I like my Koss ear bud headphones because the have the foam rubber piece that fits in your ear. They are great on a plane because they block out most of the noise. the best part is they cost maybe $20.

That is what my wife likes, I hate the buds that you have to squeeze in to your ear. I find them uncomfortable. Which is why I get all of the iTouch headphones from my wife and kids.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4624514 said:
That is what my wife likes, I hate the buds that you have to squeeze in to your ear. I find them uncomfortable. Which is why I get all of the iTouch headphones from my wife and kids.

I find those uncomfortable. She just likes them because they drown you out. :laugh1:

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
:laugh2:people who have Beats, and all the other types described here are better, Sennheiser.Audio-Technica, Shure, Beyerdynamics, AKG, etc, all of those.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624284 said:
Beats are extremely overpriced and overhyped. I have a pair of $100 Bose headphones that are probably a little pricy, but still very nice and cheaper than Beats. Beats have just been labeled "cool" for some reason.

Exactly... I had a buddy that bought some and lent them to me... I was appalled at how bad they sounded...

Bose it MUCH better at half the price... and the best bang for the buck are Klipsch... FAR & AWAY...

Sennheiser and Beyer are also a good buy... they've been doing this for decades...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Beats are not better headphones. The only thing better about them is the durabilty and housing enclosing them. That part of Beats is tight. The actual sound of Beats isn't near the price they seek for them. There are MUCH better sounding headphones on the market than Beats, hands down.

But it's really the "look" factor of Beats that sells them.

Look at the runt in this thread. Laker colors....nuff said.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dallas;4624586 said:
Beats are not better headphones. The only thing better about them is the durabilty and housing enclosing them. That part of Beats is tight. The actual sound of Beats isn't near the price they seek for them. There are MUCH better sounding headphones on the market than Beats, hands down.

But it's really the "look" factor of Beats that sells them.

Look at the runt in this thread. Laker colors....nuff said.

I heard that Beats have problems with the arms breaking.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4624618 said:
I heard that Beats have problems with the arms breaking.

Maybe they do, I don't know. The ones I have checked out, I liked the durable feel of them. Much better than some plastic shells.

juck

Reaction score
Beats suck. overhyped and overpriced. Senheisers are so superior. But there are so many great headphone at that price range its insane. It figures C and L would have a pair of those haha kid is a sheep for sure lol

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
djmajestik;4624381 said:
AT first, was skeptical about them, as I am VERY choosy with my DJ headphones (as with all my gear). Got a set to try DJing in, and never turned back. Love them!

I was waiting for an actual DJ's perspective. I'm sorry. I love my Classic Sony headphones that I've been DJ'ing with for YEARS now. Plus, I'm not a fan of Dre at all. East coast > west coast...and it's not even close!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4624398 said:
One word. Logic. Because spending a lot of money for lower quality headphone is illogical. Some people just don't have any logical reasoning.

That has nothing to do with logic. The market sets the price and if it made no sense, the market wouldn't buy them and they'd either drop the price or go out of business.

Are they overpriced for quality? More than likely. Are they overpriced for the market? Obviously, not.

juck

Reaction score
Rynie;4624964 said:
I was waiting for an actual DJ's perspective. I'm sorry. I love my Classic Sony headphones that I've been DJ'ing with for YEARS now. Plus, I'm not a fan of Dre at all. East coast > west coast...and it's not even close!
Beats are junk however West >>>>>>>>>>East. In Dres time-88-98.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4624289 said:
Dre Beats are awesome. There are the ones I have now.

Life is too short to listen to bad headphones.
Life is WAYYYY TOOO short to listen to bad Laker headphones.:D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;4625305 said:
That has nothing to do with logic. The market sets the price and if it made no sense, the market wouldn't buy them and they'd either drop the price or go out of business.

Are they overpriced for quality? More than likely. Are they overpriced for the market? Obviously, not.

What? The market price has nothing to do with logic. Buying an over-price piece of crap is illogical, yet people sometimes do it en masse because they are foolish or don't know any better. Foolish. Meaning, illogical or lacking forethought or caution.

You know, like women buying a $2,500 Gucci hand bag when they can buy one for $250 that is the exact same quality. Illogical, foolish flat out DUMB. Buying Dre Beats is dumb. There is far better quality headphones out there for a lot less.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4625352 said:
What? The market price has nothing to do with logic. Buying an over-price piece of crap is illogical, yet people sometimes do it en masse because they are foolish or don't know any better. Foolish. Meaning, illogical or lacking forethought or caution.

You know, like women buying a $2,500 Gucci hand bag when they can buy one for $250 that is the exact same quality. Illogical, foolish flat out DUMB. Buying Dre Beats is dumb. There is far better quality headphones out there for a lot less.

So anyone who would spend more than you would on something is foolish and dumb. Got it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;4625400 said:
So anyone who would spend more than you would on something is foolish and dumb. Got it.

No. I think you're missing the point here. The point is value. If you spend $100 and get only $5 in value when you could have spent $50 and got $50 in value. You made an illogical purchase.

Why spend $299 on Dre Beats when you can buy a pair of $50 headphones that are better than the $299 Dre Beats? Because Dre Beats are better and cheaper damn sure isn't the correct answer.

If you want to spend $299 on something, I will sell you a $25 Amazon gift card for that $299. Deal?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4625420 said:
No. I think you're missing the point here. The point is value. If you spend $100 and get only $5 in value when you could have spent $50 and got $50 in value. You made an illogical purchase.

Why spend $299 on Dre Beats when you can buy a pair of $50 headphones that are better than the $299 Dre Beats? Because Dre Beats are better and cheaper damn sure isn't the correct answer.

If you want to spend $299 on something, I will sell you a $25 Amazon gift card for that $299. Deal?

"Value" is a completely subjective term. Neither you, nor I, are in a position to define what value means to another person.

I have zero problem with your assessment of them being a poor value, that's your stance (and actually mine as well).

I have a problem with your considering someone stupid and senseless because their definition of value doesn't align with yours.

I don't see why you can't just say you think they're overpriced, poor quality, unreliable, etc. without insulting people that feel otherwise or simply didn't know about other choices.

mldardy

Reaction score
juck;4625318 said:
Beats are junk however West >>>>>>>>>>East. In Dres time-88-98.
Um no. Before 92 you have NWA, Cube but the rest was in the East. After 94, when Biggie, Wu Tang, Outkast, and Nas took over you had nothing.Well I guess you had Pac but that was it.