Beebe to receive first-team snaps

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You are one of the very few who think that way. There are a lot of people who have some pretty respectable credentials saying he did really well. I DID watch that game and he rarely got beat ... maybe once? Sorry but there is too much evidence that you are wrong.
He's a long time troll.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t see it happening but I would like to see the last preseason game having Guyton, Smith, and Beebe taking a series or two together.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How about being a fan of the entire team and not just your favorite player. Geez
I don't have a favorite player.

Why would I be a fan of a player that brings zero value to our team?

Is Trance going to play this year?

Does his contract expire at the end of the year?

It was a waste of a of a draft capital, cap space and time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Apparently, Beebe and Guyton did pretty well with the first team today against the Rams, according to Spagnola. https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-now-having-to-toe-the-offensive-line

But if Wednesday's first indications mean anything, Guyton, short a couple of false starts, held his own against the Rams first-team defensive line, and again, short one bad snap, Beebe did the same working with the Cowboys starters in place of Brock Hoffman.
Guyton fought hard and well against the Rams first-round draft choice Jared Verse, who lines up as an outside linebacker in the Rams 3-4 alignment. Verse proved to be a handful in last week's scrimmage, but Guyton proved up to the challenge on Wednesday. He stoned Verse in a couple of one-one-one pass rush reps. And then during an early team session, the highly emotional and mouthy Verse got pancaked by Guyton twice on back-to-back plays. Gotta like the rookie's fight.
As for Beebe, saw him execute a block just like on his Kansas State tape at guard when he takes on a defensive lineman and then moves to the second level to neutralize a linebacker.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t see it happening but I would like to see the last preseason game having Guyton, Smith, and Beebe taking a series or two together.
I think that's one reason they wanted to give him first-team snaps this week, so we'd actually have them out there with Tyler and Zack while practicing against another team.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Guyton and Beebe turning into above average players in year 1 would be a total homerun.
Probably should wait until they’ve at least played a few regular season games before deciding they’re above average at their positions. How in god’s name fans can decide rookies are above average and an O-Line that has never played a real game together as a unit are “road graders” is ridiculous. There is no way of ascertaining that after a few weeks of training camp and one preseason game. The mindless wishful thinking is, I guess’ what happens after almost three decades of playoff futility. Can they play two or three games before nominating them for the Hall of Fame?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Beebe must be doing something worthwhile if he's getting a chance to improve his team standing.

There's no harm in developing a rookie with the apparent talent to improve into a potential starter.

If his development doesn't appeal to those who make such decisions Hoffman is always available.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Beebe must be doing something worthwhile if he's getting a chance to improve his team standing.

There's no harm in developing a rookie with the apparent talent to improve into a potential starter.

If his development doesn't appeal to those who make such decisions Hoffman is always available.
It's amazing how low floor players can make an immediate impact on a team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's amazing how low floor players can make an immediate impact on a team.
Nobody implied that Lance has made an impact on the Cowboys -- that much isn't even in question at this juncture. There's no doubt but what his chances of beating out Cooper Rush is a pipe dream, however. The 4th round pick we gave up for him surely isn't looking promising. It seems likely that Jerry got him in a vain attempt to gain an advantage in his negotiations with Dak and his agent. Desperation is a risky thing in that situation.

Last edited: